“BETTER THAN REVIEWS PORTRAY”
Review of Grand Oaks Hotel

Grand Oaks Hotel
Ranked #56 of 140 Hotels in Branson
CAJUN COUNTRY LOUISIANA
“BETTER THAN REVIEWS PORTRAY”
Reviewed July 14, 2009

My family and I visited Branson for our summer vacation. We thorughly enjoyed our stay and even booked an extra two nights because of the great service. The pool is spacious and not small by any means. Breakfast was satisfying and my 6 yr old and I went down to the other building to eat one morning b/c they had the waffles there. The room was cleaned on request and I cant see where the bad reviews come from. Maybe some people are just too spoiled. Good Job Staffers from Grand Oaks. You made our trip worth another visit. Thanks

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I booked this hotel on Priceline as a 2-star property for $40 - what I had hoped was a good deal --WRONG! My family and I checked in late at night. We entered our room in building 2 and began unpacking and getting ready for bed. Our first impressions weren't great, but all we needed was a place to sleep. When I pulled the sheets back, I discovered hair -- gross! Not wanting to make a big deal in front of the kids, my husband called the front desk and told them he was coming for two new sets of sheets. When he returned, we began making the bed again and found MORE HAIR IN THE "CLEAN" SHEETS! Totally unacceptable. No way would we would allow our family to sleep in these nasty conditions, so we packed up and headed out. My husband stopped at the front desk to tell them them we would not be staying and the front desk was unapologetic and unwilling to process any kind of a refund. They told us we needed to take our issue up with Priceline.

We headed north out of Branson and I was on the phone with Priceline for nearly two hours. (between 11:30 pm and 1:30 am!!!) They could not or would not guarantee any kind of refund and told us we would have to wait until the morning when they could request the refund from the hotel manager - but they wouldn't promise any money back. In the meantime, all they would offer to do for us is to locate another hotel at a much higher rate -- no way.

Thank goodness for our GPS. We eventually found a great Residence Inn in Joplin.

If you don't mind sleeping in someone else's sheets - then the Grand Oaks is the place for you. If not -- find another location!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank TexasFloMoMom
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We got this hotel thru Priceline. We ended up paying a total of $110 for 3 nights including tax! Our room was decent- a king bed, sleeper sofa, 2 person jacuzzi tub, refrigerator, microwave - Large room. My 9 year old complained the sleeper sofa was uncomfortable. Our bed was ok- nothing to brag about. The hotel offers a VERY basic continental breakfast- coffee, donuts, bread, biscuits and gravy, milk, Cheerios, Raisin Bran. On a good note- there are several restaurants offering full breakfast selections for a reasonable price within walking distance. There are several attractions within walking distance. There is a decent laundry room in each building. The only drawback was the indoor pool. There was so much chlorine I could smell it upon walking in the front door. We spoke with a teenager who actually got very sick from the chlorine. He vomitted and went to bed for several hours before feeling better. He was only at the pool for a short time. Needless to say we did not try the indoor pool. The outdoor pool was ok. Nothing fancy but enjoyable for the 9 year old. Oh- the elevator in building 2 (where we stayed) was very slow. We usually took the stairs. Overall I would say this hotel is just fine. Not the Radisson by no means but a decent place for a decent price! We would stay there again even if we could not get the great deal we got thru Priceline.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Missouri
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I booked this hotel on Expedia for 54.00 a night and I got clean room, a very good continental breakfast, an indoor pool for the kids which was nice because it rained. The location is just off the strip, I used the backroads to get around Branson. Beds weren't the best, but once again, I got the room for 54.00.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed May 20, 2009

I made reservations in early Feb. 09. Cancelled via the phone a week later. The weekend that I was supposed to stay noticed at $70 charge on my credit card! They said it was a no show fee. I have spoke to the front desk who referred me to the general manager who never responded to emails. I then emailed the assistant general manager and after many emails back and forth they refuse to refund my money. They also quoted me $55 and charged me $70! I think in this economy while people are watching their pennies they should have refunded my money. I will never stay there or at Branson again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Cind1347
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I took my daughter and her three children to the hotel. We were put as far away from everyone as possible. That didn't bother me, but the mattresses on the beds were awful! The hideaway sofa/bed mattress was more comfortable than the regular bed. There were little to none amenities in the bathroom. There was so much chlorine in the swimming pool that when you walked in the door your eyes started to burn. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Topeka, KS
Reviewed April 7, 2009

It's not the worse place you can stay in Branson, but it surely isn't one of the best. If it wasn't for the "great deal" with a 90+ minute try to buy a resort we would have stayed in a better hotel.

Building 1 is where you check but then you are sent to building 2 for your room. Free breakfast? yeah it was free but not that great. Rooms were clean and the beds sure did have alot of bounce in them!

No WiFi in building 2