“You can't go wrong!”
Review of Grand Oaks Hotel

Grand Oaks Hotel
Ranked #55 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Wow, this was an awesome place. We booked this hotel through the Branson Visitors Bureau along with some shows. It was awesome. Anything you needed was either at the hotel, or just around the corner.
Exceptionally clean, well stocked with toiletries. Indoor pool was awesome and the hot tubs were great!
Staff was subperb. I would definately recommend and would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Grand Oaks Hotel

Reviewed December 3, 2008

I made the mistake of reserving by phone. They told me $80.99 + tax per night. I booked it about a month in advance and didn't think anything more about it. When we got there they charged us $103.00 + tax! Of course they didn't send a written confermation, so I had no proof. Building 2 is horrible.....very old rooms, no wireless internet access, no bathroom fan and your free breakfast wasn't much to write home about. The pictures on the internet make it look alot nicer that it is, believe me. For $116.00 (total) we could have stayed in a brand new hotel!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2008

I was very happy with the room I got 269 in building 2.
If you get a room in building 2 the 2nd floor is where to park, the first floor has a step hill. Breakfast was biscuits and gray plus doughnuts and fruit, or French toast and eggs and oatmeal plus doughnuts and fruit. Coffee and OJ and Apple Juice are served at both buildings plus cereal. They rotate breakfast from building 1 and 2 you can eat at either building. The hotel is located off the yellow road (I believe) close to Wal-Mart and the main strip, easy to get to and avoid the main traffic. This is a basic room 2 queen beds they were ok, I kind of enjoyed it because it would cause me and my wife to sleep right next to each other as we shared 1 queen bed. The curtains let a lot of light in so we put towels over the top in order to cover the light. The shower head sprayed water out in a large pattern took a while to get the soap of my chest. Panera bread is located right behind building 2 great place to eat. When we were leaving they were starting to do some work in building 2 possible upgrades. I would stay again because of location and the very helpful staff. Say HI to the breakfast hostes in building 2 she is a sweat heart, no nice. Hope you enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We booked this hotel and all 10 of our shows through an agency and had a very good experience over all. The staff at the Grand Oaks was especially pleasant, from the front desk through the breakfast hostess, housekeeping, everyone was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. The room was immaculate and comfortable, not far from the pool on the bottom floor of building one, the chlorine odor was a little strong but didn't permeate into the rooms. The extended complimentary breakfast was wonderful, but crowded because of four busloads of guests gathering there at the same time. Even then the hostess was patient and efficient. The location was central, but off the strip away from the heavy traffic Branson is known for.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2008

Our one night stay was booked at this hotel by our Timeshare Co. who somehow lost our reservation when we arrived in the middle of the night. We were exhausted & just wanted to go to bed. The desk clerk was very nice & acted quickly to get us into our room. The room was clean & pleasant and the bed was comfortable. The pillows were a little flat though & the bathrooms need a fan/vent. The breakfast was very good. The staff were all very pleasant and the attendants at breakfast were very hospital. A late departure was also arranged for us so we has some time to relax before checking into our timeshare. That gave us some time to look around the hotel. The only negative was that the indoor pool had too much chlorine & we couldn't even stand inside the door without our eyes burning. Overall if we had to find a place to stay in Branson again - I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2008

It was okay, I mean if you're used to nicer it's an adjustment, but at least it's clean. The entire building smelled like chlorine, so be prepared. Must be because the indoor pool. It's bare minimum and somewhere to stay if you plan to not be in the hotel a lot. We slept fine....well...until the mornings when you could hear the kids in the room next to us...so yes, paper thin walls, but theirs thruth in the fact that you get what you pay for. It's right by Wal-Mart, Panera and McDonals, too. So, I think this hotel is average...no real problems...just average because it's nothing special when you're used to higher rated hotels. I'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2008

My family and I received 2 free nights at Grand Oaks. It was conveniently located - mini golf, Panera, Walmart, and several other eateries. They also serve breakfast in which they alternate between bldg 1 & 2 on continental and a hot buffet - not bad though. My children LOVED the outdoor pool, there was another one in bldg 1. My only complaint is that it smelled like smoke. With my son's asthma this was a problem. Needless to say we only stayed 1 night. I'm glad I didn't have to pay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family