“Glad we did it however we will not do it again.”

Branson Scenic Railway (Ozark Zephyr)
Ranked #72 of 171 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic train takes visitors on a tour through the Ozark hills.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The train cars were in sad shape and in desperate need of a facelift. We visited during a very hot day in the summer and the air conditioning in the cars could not keep up. The scenery is also pretty much nothing as you look at trees and a couple of tunnels until you get to the bridge that you see in the brochure. You sit there a couple of minutes then you come back and look at the same trees and tunnels again.

2  Thank Travis L

Reviewed December 22, 2013

My husband, son, and I rode the Polar Express Train on our vacation to Branson this weekend and it was a blast! I think sometimes, people are just looking for a reason to complain! My son is seven and it brought lots of joy to him! Is it overpriced as some people say? Not in my opinion. They read the book over the speaker and someone shows the pictures from the book, which seemed fine to me. Santa took plenty of time with each child and the bells he gave the children make great souvenirs! If you don't have first class seating, the kids get hot cocoa in a styrofoam cup, which is not a big deal to me! Do kids really care what their cocoa is served in? My child sure doesn't! The cookies were delicious... and soft! The people who came to sing to us were great! Was I disappointed about the train not taking a long, scenic ride? Of course not! We rode past plenty of Christmas lights. It was night time. What exactly were people expecting to see??? We rode the Branson Scenic Train during the day on another visit to Branson and it took us a long way and there were beautiful things to be seen. This is The Polar Express Train. It was about the magic happening inside the train... something that could be missed if you were looking for things to complain about. The staff is friendly and really seem to care about making the experience enjoyable for everyone!

7  Thank breannj1988
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This was worth doing at least once. My son really enjoyed the experience of riding on a real train. They have Santa, carolers, and a hobo who walk around entertaining the kids. In addition, they pass by the Branson light display that we paid about $20 to drive through a few years ago. I'm not sure if we will do it again, but I'm glad we did it once. The only suggestion that I would make is lowering the price. They do provide hot chocolate and a cookie, but it was over $100 for the three of us. If the tickets were around $20 or so, I don't think there would be as many bad reviews.

2  Thank jillianjh
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I took our 4yr old son on this "Polar Express" train. Much to our surprise & huge disappointment, it was a complete waste of money! We literally went one way for 10 minutes, stopped, went back the other way for 10 minutes, stopped, then repeated that process for about an hour & 15 minutes. During our back & forth train ride, they told the story of "Polar Express" over a loud speaker, while a lady dressed like a chef, walked up and down the aisle holding the book. After the lovely story, we were served cold hot chocolate and sugar cookies that I'm pretty sure were from last year and were hard enough to break a tooth! After our awful little snack, a group of ladies, all dressed like chef's, lined up in the aisle and sang 2 Christmas songs while ringing bells. Then Santa came through, with his beard hanging off and took pictures with the kids. We did get to see the 12 days of Christmas light display backwards. And last but not least, an elderly gentleman came through and stamped our tickets. My son asked me about 37 times during the trip when we were getting off the train. It is extremely over priced for what you get. Tom Hanks would be VERY disappointed!

7  Thank Akfishchick
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Polar Express was a HUGE disappointment. First, we were forced to buy 4 tickets (there were only 3 of us)....the trip itself was short and boring. Santa and Mrs Claus were okay but go through so quickly you don't really get a chance to see them. This was the biggest waste of money EVER...ride the train at Silver Dollar City. It's more fun and you get something for your hard earned money.

3  Thank F547TBCarol