“Save time & money and watch Polar Express from home.”

Branson Scenic Railway (Ozark Zephyr)
Ranked #62 of 165 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic train takes visitors on a tour through the Ozark hills.
Gentry, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Save time & money and watch Polar Express from home.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I took our 4yr old son on this "Polar Express" train. Much to our surprise & huge disappointment, it was a complete waste of money! We literally went one way for 10 minutes, stopped, went back the other way for 10 minutes, stopped, then repeated that process for about an hour & 15 minutes. During our back & forth train ride, they told the story of "Polar Express" over a loud speaker, while a lady dressed like a chef, walked up and down the aisle holding the book. After the lovely story, we were served cold hot chocolate and sugar cookies that I'm pretty sure were from last year and were hard enough to break a tooth! After our awful little snack, a group of ladies, all dressed like chef's, lined up in the aisle and sang 2 Christmas songs while ringing bells. Then Santa came through, with his beard hanging off and took pictures with the kids. We did get to see the 12 days of Christmas light display backwards. And last but not least, an elderly gentleman came through and stamped our tickets. My son asked me about 37 times during the trip when we were getting off the train. It is extremely over priced for what you get. Tom Hanks would be VERY disappointed!

6 Thank Akfishchick

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't Waste your Money”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The Polar Express was a HUGE disappointment. First, we were forced to buy 4 tickets (there were only 3 of us)....the trip itself was short and boring. Santa and Mrs Claus were okay but go through so quickly you don't really get a chance to see them. This was the biggest waste of money EVER...ride the train at Silver Dollar City. It's more fun and you get something for your hard earned money.

3 Thank F547TBCarol
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Nice staff, but my 4-year old was disappointed”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

When I called to purchase first class tickets for the Polar Express, I was told by the woman taking my reservations that my son & I were going to be sitting in the gallery (2nd floor) of the train. My son was extremely excited that we were going to sit on the very top of a real train. When we arrived, we were not seated in the gallery section, but at a very tiny table tucked in behind the stairs going to the gallery of the train. My son was very disappointed that we did not have gallery seating. To add insult to injury, my son's chair was located right next to a trash can. His view was obstructed by the flight of stairs & he was unable to see Branson's Festival of Lights. I tried to switch seats with him, but he was so disappointed with the way everything was going, he refused to change seating. I could tell the Polar Express does not normally have a table in that location because Santa walked right by us until someone stopped him & directed him to the nook we were stuck in. The staff was very friendly & seemed to be embarrassed to have us in such an out-of-the way location. I really wanted the Polar Express to be a memorable experience for my son. It was memorable, but not the way I wanted it to be.

4 Thank Susan W
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very memorable experience.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Rode the Polar Express for the first time with 2 three year olds and a seven year old. Price of tickets were affordable. Santa was "real". I recommend the later departures so that the kids can see the Christmas lights on the East side of the train but, Santa and Mrs. Claus are on the West when they make their appearance. Kids got pics with Santa and Hobo. Also recommend taking your own copy of polar express book so kids can follow along as the narrator reads the story and don't forget to put the kids in their pj's. Most adults don't wear them. My husband wasn't going for that!! Bundle up because it gets cold waiting on the platform for the train. Each child got their own bell. We had a great time.

1 Thank KindcassieB
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This is our second year to ride. There were 22 of us, one being handicapped. They were very accessible and helpful to her. Our children enjoyed the ride, but as an adult something is lacking.
We all know the story, that's why we are here---now spice it up!!

2 Thank Sam H