“Dinner ride” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Branson Scenic Railway (Ozark Zephyr)

Branson Scenic Railway (Ozark Zephyr)
Ranked #63 of 167 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic train takes visitors on a tour through the Ozark hills.
Frisco, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dinner ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wouldn't just ride the train to look out the window, but having the dinner and conversation along with the occasional scenic view was very nice. I brought my parents and husband. I would only say that pre-boarding was a bit difficult. It was 95 degrees and we all were standing on a platform waiting for our car to be called out. Unfortunately, it's like at the airport where everyone says "What did he say" over and over. Once on, however, it's very cool and comfortable.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kim S

Cuba, Missouri, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Train ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you like a train ride through a sparsely populated portion of southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas where you will be at the lack of speed and scenery then you should try this.

1 Thank willietbillt
North Canton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Train tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We arrived and were escorted onto the train. We found our seats and off we started. Many things to see and enjoyed the tour information from the front of he engine. We were near the food section of the train where you could get refreshments if you wished. Went over this bridge where you could also see the front Sandy end of ghd train. Enjoyed the up and back trip.

2 Thank LCHCONN
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Your not going to see much on this train ride, however its fun. If you never have been on a train, and are on vacation then I suggest to try it. The scenery of the mountains is beautiful. You do pass through a tunnel and the conductors can be funny. It was nice for us to sit back, watch the scenery, relax and talk. Refreshments can be purchased on board if you wish.

1 Thank sharabella
Wilmington, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“good ride for young and old at heart”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I agree with many other comments. The scenery is just trees and rocks but for a child or an elderly person, they may enjoy the train ride. I had my 86 year old mother with me and she enjoyed it. It was a 'ride' that she could feel at ease and just enjoy something other than riding in a car all the time. If a child has not had a train ride experience, it is perfect. The conductors were friendly and seemed to appreciate the tourists. So, if you ask if I would ride again, maybe when I get in my 80's and want to do a ride with my family.

Visited September 2013