“Kids were excited to ride but then fell asleep along with other passengers”

Branson Scenic Railway (Ozark Zephyr)
Ranked #71 of 170 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic train takes visitors on a tour through the Ozark hills.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went on the train as my kids love trains. It was ok but for the price you have to pay for them to just fall asleep was kind of a waste. My husband and I have the memories but then again he started to go to sleep along with our kids and other passengers. I would of thought it could of went around Branson instead of just in a straight line 20 miles and then back. The few views we did see were good. Didn't get top seating as those were the first ones taken. To say if I would ever do it again, I would have to say no. Once was good enough for me and I think for the family too. You were able to purchase food on the trip since it takes about an hour so but you had to have cash.

There are newer reviews for Branson Scenic Railway (Ozark Zephyr)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our family loves history and trains, so this was a must for our agenda in Branson. We loved the antique cars, the friendly uniformed attendants (who were not antiques), and the chance to roam around and live history. I was surprised at how smooth a ride the train gave us, not the clanging or chugging feel I had expected. We enjoyed the natural views of the trees and scenic hills and valleys, instead of the Branson hubbub. My kids enjoyed the concessions, and I enjoyed that they were reasonably priced for a tourist attraction. This was a relaxing, nostalgic two hours well spent on our vacation.

1  Thank Firekracker007
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This adventure was lame. Fun to ride in a train, sure! Sightseeing while traveling on the train, boring unless you enjoy seeing bushy areas and rock walls. The bridge to go back to town was the highlight and wasn't much impressed with it. will not waste my time/day doing this again. :(

1  Thank Kacie M
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband is a train enthusiast, so we weren't about to miss riding on the Ozark Zephyr, especially since a couple of the antique cars were once in use in our home town. We sat in one of the three domed cars, so we were up high and surrounded by windows, giving us a beautiful, panoramic view of the passing countryside and an especially eerie experience when going through the tunnels. It's a relaxing trip and the tour guide had plenty of interesting information to share, although it was hard to understand her at times. The only two things that bothered me were the price of the food and drinks in the dining car (No surprise, although they did offer a wide selection of hot and cold foods) and at several points other passengers surrounded our seat so they could take pictures outside of the dome. Unfortunately this completely blocked our view. Fortunately it only happened on the return leg of the trip a couple of times.

1  Thank Jessica W
Reviewed July 23, 2013

There is nothing scenic about the trip - all you see are trees and grass and a couple of run down mobile homes. It cost our family of four over $100. Our five year old went to sleep and slept the whole ride. Skip it and spend your cash at Dick's five and ten.

1  Thank Dentongirl1