“Awesome train ride”

Branson Scenic Railway (Ozark Zephyr)
Ranked #62 of 165 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic train takes visitors on a tour through the Ozark hills.
Guthrie, Oklahoma
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome train ride”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had never been on a train ride and this one was great. I love the dome car. We had great seats.The food was great. The train workers were great.

Visited April 2013

Dallas, Texas
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Nice ride”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I liked this train ride. The conductor gives good information along the way, but isn't talking constantly. They have domed coaches so you can sit up there and view everything from above. I went when the trees were still bare along the ride - on the positive side, that allowed me to see through them to see the occasional critter. On the negative side, I'm sure it's a much lovelier trip in the spring when the trees are full or in the fall when they are changing colors. But overall, it's a nice way to spend around 1.5 hours.

Visited April 2013
Adair, Iowa, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Choo Choo”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

It is a nice little trip on an old train. But thought it wold be longer and not just going in reverse on the way back. But again. Nice trip with some neat information. Once is enough though.

Lancaster, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun but average train ride”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This was the 10th scenic railroad trip my wife and I have done, having done others in different parts of the country. Compared to all the others, this trip was average. Ticket prices were a bit pricey and it wasn't the most scenic we've been on. The dome cars are nice but crowded. After awhile, we moved to the rear coach car and had it all to our selves. They won't let you take any bottled water (or any snacks) on board, so if you want something you're forced to pay high prices at the station or on the train. Bottled water was $2 and 5-oz. juice was $1 so I just drank a lot from the water fountain at the station before we pulled out. Overall, the trip was pleasant and the workers dressed in period costumes were friendly and engaging, and it was a nice diversion from the plentiful shows in Branson.

Visited March 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I took the train because our 3 year old loves trains. It was really relaxing and watching my son's face was worth every penny.