Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Dinner & Show
Ranked #6 of 155 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinner and live entertainment features thirty-two horses and dozens of talented riders performing daring feats of trick riding and competition inside a huge 35,000-square-foot arena.
Wilburton, Oklahoma
“Great fun”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We loved this. It hasn't changed much since I went four years ago but it was still good clean fun. The food was good too!

Saint Charles, Missouri
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“BEST SHOW--Don't Miss it (Bring your own BAG)”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our family's FAVORITE show. We only chose 3 shows and even though this was the most expensive--it was worth every penny. We saw this show with the boys 3 years ago--but, they do a lot of changes to keep it worth coming back. Cheer for the Blue or the Gray--you will stay entertained every second. We learned from the last time--that the doggie bags they give are small and WEAK. You don't want to loose your food--and there is lots of it (there's just something about putting a whole chicken in front of a child that makes them not want to eat it--but, if you call the sliced pork tenderloin "ham" they are good with that). Bring an extra plastic grocery bag or two to help you get your doggie bags back to your room.

1 Thank Sharon95GCP
MidWest
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Expensive, but fun”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was $140+ for two adults and a child. But if you are willing to shell out the considerable cash, it is pretty good fun.

One odd thing: there was a card on the table reminding us that 20% was a good tip for good service. Now I believe in good tipping, but a great deal of the cost was the show, not the chicken and pork dinner. Just my thoughts.

Anyway, most of the hour and a half show (including pre-show) was amusing and my 10 year old loved it, especially being able to visit the horses. My husband and I enjoyed the food and the show. The 14 year old who did most of the pre-show is going to be a phenom. Go so you can say "I saw him when!"

Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very entertaining but pricey”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a great time here. The pre-show was very cool, you get to see all the horses before you go inside, the gift shop was neat, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The show itself was non-stop entertainment with the live animals, etc. and you get a ton of food so go HUNGRY! My four year old was entranced. My two year old was somewhat entertained and only became restless at the end. The reason I didn't rate 5 stars is because we spent a TON of money here. I mean, come on Dolly, are you hurting that bad? I'm just not sure if it was worth the $$!! The four tickets were $126 for 2 adults/2 toddlers, plus a $25 family pic because you can't bring in cameras, the tip for the server, and a couple of souvenirs. Wowsers!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful show, worth the splurge.”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

There are a lot of shows available in Branson, but if you only see one, check out Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede, especially if you have a horse lover in your party. It is expensive, but you get a ton of food (soup, chicken, pork, potatoes, and bread), all the Pepsi or tea you can drink, and great entertainment. Skip the drinks during the pre-show, they are really expensive and small, unless you truly can't live without the little souvenir cup that comes with them. The other downside, no silverware--you have to eat your meal with your hands. Our two children (6 and 10) loved the show and thought getting to walk by the stalls and see the horses before and after the show was cool.