“Best place in Branson to stay.. You won't regret it.”

The Brick House Hotel
Ranked #47 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Gardner, Kansas, United States
“Best place in Branson to stay.. You won't regret it.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Brick House Hotel is the best place to stay in Branson.. I have stayed there before and will always go back.. The office manager and her husband are the sweetest people that Ive every been around.. They make you feel so welcome .. The rooms are so clean and beds are wonderful.. and state if you need anything please ask.. and the breakfast oh my goodness , couldn't ask for a better , they really put out an effort to please you, enjoyed my stay and was so rested, I would recommend this Hotel to everyone.. I always tell my friends where to go and stay and they won't be sorry that they did.. Thank You to Brick House Hotel for our stay., we'll be back again...

Room Tip: Our room was right out front and any noise we didn't notice.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marjorie D
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
I appreciate you coming back to see us again and thank you again for your great review. I'm so happy we've earned your business and we all look forward to seeing our friend each time you make it to Branson. Don't ever hesitate to call or ask for anything, you know we will do our best.
Warmest regards,
Peggy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were looking for a pet friendly place in Branson. Went here based on trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Great rates, clean room, very friendly staff. We didn't stay for breakfast, but the coffee was good!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathy k
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Lebanon Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am happy you found us to be clean and accommodating. Please give us a try again when visiting Branson.

Oklahoma City
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at The Brick House Hotel on October 19 and 20. We were given a receipt upon check in. The room was nice. And the price was great. I certainly felt that we had a nice place for what we paid. There weren't a lot of extra outlets, but I didn't find that uncommon considering this wasn't an expensive place. I was able to find enough to meet my needs. The beds were comfortable and I loved the comforter--it kept me nice and toasty. We did not experience any problems with the air conditioner or heater. There was a problem with the shower head, but it was fixed immediately even though it was 8 at night. The room was clean, and the staff was very helpful. At breakfast they served biscuits, scrambled eggs, gravy, waffles, donuts, bananas, yogurt, etc. I was able to stay on my diet, and my friend was able to indulge in the biscuits and gravy. I could recommend a stay here, with no hesitation. If you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a nice, clean room with a good breakfast at a more than reasonable price, this is a good place. And, I always felt safe. I applaud the owners of this hotel and thank you for the nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank travrept
Peggy H, General Manager at The Brick House Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear travrept,
Thank you so much for the honest evaluation of your stay with the Brick House Hotel. My staff and I are so happy that you enjoyed your visit. It was our pleasure to serve you while you were our guest and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Branson.
Oklahoma
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had high hopes after reading the reviews but our experience was totally the opposite. I do not like writing reviews, especially less-than-favorable ones. The hotel has changed hands and even though they have added some paint and cosmetics we could not recommend this hotel to anyone. The rates here are high for the area and what you get is definitely not worth the price. We have been going to Branson every year for over 20 years and this was our worst experience. There are literally HUNDREDS of hotels to choose from and most are well below the price of this one and and/or above the quality of this one. I'll stick with the facts which are:

Pros: Clean room. New bedspreads and drapes but the same older bathroom fixtures.

Cons:
-- No electrical outlets. There were no open outlets for us to use and very few at all. Every outlet in the room was taken by the hotel appliances - tv/lamp/microwave/mini-fridge. We had to unplug the lamps and appliances to be able to use the outlets for our own needs. There was only one unused outlet above the sink but it did not work.

-- The hallways were hot and oppressive and they had oscillating fans set up in several places.

-- The room however, was frigid. We immediately tried turning on the heater, but burned dust blew out into the air. My daughter and myself who have respiratory issues began choking and wheezing. We called the manager at the front desk to ask about a different room and were told, "They all do that." No apology, no offer of anything. We suggested they clean out the heaters while there were no patrons in the rooms so that paying customers did not have to do that for them and suffer through it. She told us to just let it continue to run and it would eventually quit - it wasn't her problem. If you know anyone with respiratory issues, this was not an option. We turned the heater off and wore extra clothing all night long to stay warm. The next day, the maid (or someone at the hotel) turned the a/c to full blast and our room was absolutely frigid again for the second night. The heater had not been run or cleaned so we could not use it again.

-- The breakfast. There was only dry cereal, packets of instant oatmeal and bread for toast that we could find. The plastic disposable packs of jelly and peanut butter were old. When we asked the manager, we were told they were short staffed. No offer of any compensation or apology. We have stayed at nicer hotels with full breakfast buffets for less, so maybe we expected more.

-- The staff. It surprised us that they were unapologetic for the problems that were the fault of the hotel, but were shocked at the rudeness and spitefulness. This isn't typical of Branson, at least in our experience. We are easy going people, we stayed and gave them opportunities to fix things over and over. We never asked for a discount or a refund or anything other than for the amenities for which we had paid. We tried once more to talk to them. When we went to check out, we asked for a check-out receipt - as we always do every time we stay in a hotel. We have always received a receipt. They refused to give it to us. I've never heard of a hotel refusing to give a receipt. The young man at the desk told me there were no additional charges and we were "good to go" but when I asked for a receipt for my stay, he refused and insisted we did not need one. He called for the manager. She also refused and then told us she would be trying to add extra charges to my bill because we were "causing trouble". Wow. She had told us there would be no other charges, but because we dared ask for a receipt and dared ask about the heaters and the breakfast, she was going to add extra charges.

We are sad to say, we will never stay here again and don't recommend it to anyone else. If you do, don't expect much for the price and keep a watch on your credit card account. It's a shame.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Noahsmom
Noahsmom of Oklahoma,

Tripadvisor is a wonderful tool for patrons of lodging establishments to best figure out where to stay when visiting new areas. Usually the reviews are unbiased accounts of ones experience and they are helpful to determine expectations. They are also helpful for the lodging establishment as a form of advertising of what services, amenities, location, breakfast etc. are offered and what former guest have experienced when they've stayed with you. The later is especially true when an establishment such as ours at the Brick House Hotel has received a Certificate of Excellence for 2013 based on reviews from our guest. At the time of your review we were currently ranked at #8 of 161 hotels in Branson and have a 93% satisfaction rate. We could not have achieved this level if we did business even remotely close to the description of your factually distorted review.
I can only remain professional and state my side of the story and the facts as I see them. I take all reviews very seriously and yours, though loaded with malicious exaggerations will be no different. I will continue to use Tripadvisor as a tool to learn from our guest on how we can better serve them. I apologize in advance for the length of this reply but such a detailed review deserves an equally detailed rebuttal. I remember your 3 night stay on October 16, 17 & 18th. I will address each point.

First, we have not changed hands or management. I have been the GM since opening our doors in May of 2012.

Our rates are competitive with other Branson Hotels near us. You booked through an on-line travel company and your rate was a reasonable $55 per night for up to 4 people. Had you properly disclosed there would be a 5th person, that on line company would have charged you an additional $10 as per policy.

There are five electrical outlets in every room with double plug ins. That leaves 10 plug ins. We take up 7 with guest amenities. The one by the sink is a GFI and simply needed to be reset.
The hallways are not air conditioned or heated and the temperature varies with the weather. The fans are in place to aid in circulation on the third floor.

You were the first customer to use the heater for the season. Most guest were still running the air conditioners. The heater in your room was installed brand new in September and it was not dust you were smelling but brand new heating elements. I explained this to your husband and I DID offer an apology but explained that it would be temporary as the unit had not been used yet on the heat setting. I NEVER said it wasn't my problem and I did offer to move you to another room after the heater had been ran for a few minutes. Your husband declined the move. This was the first night of your stay. On the second night of your stay, I spoke to your husband again. The maintenance man had turned on your fan because he had been instructed to run the heater in your absence and burn off the residue on the heating elements when that was finished to remove the burning smell from your room. I explained to your husband the heater was ready for use as the elements had been used. There was no need to clean the heater as it was brand new and did not have any dust present.

The breakfast comment is very hard for me to understand. Right next to the dry cereal and oatmeal you mentioned are fresh fruit, yogurt, fruit cocktail, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausage gravy, fresh baked biscuits, fresh waffles, donuts, muffins and assorted drinks. I am sorry you were not able to find these items to enjoy.....evidently your family found them because they were observed enthusiastically enjoying them more than once. No one in your party ever mentioned being dissatisfied with the complimentary (meaning not charged) breakfast to me and I never said anything about being short staffed. We have adequate staff to provide excellent service as many reviews on this site have stated.

At check out you were asked to pay for the rollaway bed you had requested for the 5th and undisclosed person that had been staying in the room. As I mentioned earlier our rooms are set up and priced for four people. You booked with an online reservation company (3rd party) and not us directly. Your reservation was for four people, we politely asked you to pay for the 5th and you became outraged and began yelling at the young man working the front desk. He asked me and I authorized him to waive the extra $10 fee for the rollaway. When he told you this you demanded a receipt. It was then explained to you that the 3rd party you booked with would furnish you a receipt. We did not make any charges to your credit card therefore we did not have a receipt to furnish to you. That is standard policy. I NEVER said I would add charges to your bill. If you check your credit card statement I guarantee you will not see one charge from Brick House Hotel for your stay. I even waived the fee for the person you "forgot" to tell us about when you checked in. I can't imagine how we could have been more accommodating to you than that. My staff and I were never rude or spiteful to you or your family.

Your implication that I would make unauthorized charges to a credit card are not acceptable and for this I ask that you retract your review. You know and I know that I allowed you to leave this property owing money for services you received. I waived this fee as I was just happy to see you leave.

I learn something from every review. Good and bad alike, it is a tool and as such it will be used. What have I learned from yours? We serve our guest and treat each of them respectfully and we will continue to do that despite the fact that once in a while when you are in public service there will be somebody that can not be pleased no matter what you do or how hard you try. But we will keep trying.

Finally, Thank you for mentioning that our rooms are very clean. We work very hard to assure that they are.

Respectfully,
Peggy Heiser
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very nice, very clean place to stay in Branson! The beds are extremely comfortable and the staff was friendly and accomodating. Has a mini fridge, micro wave, and coffee pot in the room which was very handy! Only two things (and they are not deal breakers) I'll mention are (1.) we weren't a fan of the soap they provided. (2.) We would've appreciated thicker curtains on the windows to keep the light out of the room a little better. None of this would deter us from coming back here though. My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and we will absolutely be back. Thank you Brick House Hotel staff!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank travelingsisters80
Dear travelingsisters80,
I am so happy with the title of your review. Totally relaxed is exactly what we are trying for! I appreciate the comments and the recommendations. I will look into providing another layer of curtain lining or shade to improve the black out features of our window treatments. Your concerns are my concerns and anytime I can make an improvement or follow a suggestion by one of our valuable guest I will do my best to make the improvement. I look forward to your next visit.
At your service!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice a hotel The Brick House is. The rates were so reasonable that I didn't have very high expectations. When we arrived for our stay there was a minor glich with our reservations, but they promptly fixed it and were so pleasant about it. The staff was wonderful to us through out our stay. The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were very nicely decorated. If I had anything negative to say is that although the rooms were air conditioned quiet well the halls and the breakfast room were definitely lacking in air conditioning. We are planning another stay in Branson in the near future and we will be staying here again as long as there are rooms available.

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly hotel, however to reserve pet friendly rooms you must contact the hotel direc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I appreciate the tip regarding pet friendly rooms. They are limited so an advance reservation is recommended as we never allow pets in the non-pet rooms. I'm happy you were pleasantly surprised by your accommodations despite the reasonable price you paid. It is my pleasure to provide comfortable, clean rooms at an affordable rate. As for the halls being warm. I agree they are not air conditioned or heated and air temperature will vary depending on season. However, each of our rooms have had new Amana heat/air units installed this past September so your room temperature can always be guaranteed to be as comfortable as you would like. The hallways are only meant to protect you from outside weather conditions and provide increased security as you move to and from your vehicle to your room. I appreciate your comments and we will continue to improve what we can and keep providing clean rooms while maintaining reasonable rates. Please see us again when in Branson.
Very sincerely,
Peggy H.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We would stay here again. I understand the rates went up the weekend after our stay so that may have some bearing on our decision. Bed was comfortable and room was clean and staff easy to get along with.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear OwassoDonP,

Thank you for your comments. I am happy you found your stay enjoyable and the rates reasonable. We have expanded our breakfast items since your stay and maybe you will find something more to your liking. I would still consider it simple but with more variety. Our rates may vary by season but we are still within the "reasonable" rate range and never increase or decrease by more than $10. Thank you for your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Warmly,