“Nice Stay, Friendly Service”

Quality Inn Near Dixie Stampede
Ranked #66 of 140 Hotels in Branson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cushing, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place had a great pool and very helpful staff. However, beware, the doors to the rooms open to the parking lot. This appears to be an old motel 8 that was revamped. We reserved a "Suite" and it was a small (like a very cheap motel- not even normal LQ size) and had a hot tub where the second bed was in the other rooms! I'm sure they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. As long as your expectations are not too high, this is a reasonable place to stay. I don't plan on staying here again just because of my experience with the $120 a night "luxury suite." We stayed that night and went to Springfield south to stay the rest of our trip (Great LQ there!). I politely made my disappointment with the luxury suite (supposedly their very best) and the staff lowered our rate to that of a basic room with no fuss whatsoever.

Room Tip: Look at reviews and try to see traveler photos to avoid being stuck in a location where you are plac...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wagoner, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed during spring break weekend so that my daughter and her boyfriend could join me. When I checked in the staff was polite and friendly and showed me on a map where my room was. When I walked to the room I was dismayed! All of the rooms are exterior doors and I was counting down the numbers while I walked to locate the room. I came to the end which resembled a cave. There I found an elevator and two mechanical closet doors. The stench almost turned my stomach as it smelled of stale ashtrays and urine. Woe and behold this is where my room was. I opened the door and was not surprised to find a room that looked as if it came from a cheap horror movie. Very spartan. The floor was covered in cheap vinyl flooring that tried to resemble a wood floor. There was no refrigerator or microwave. I was going to sit in one of the two cheap looking dinette chairs when I observed nasty stains on the cushions...yuck! I walked to the bathroom and was again disappointed. I walked inside and began to close the door but only learned that my leg was trapped between the door and the toilet. There is literally NO room in the bathroom to change clothes to take a shower! The room was so dirty looking that after I traveled home I scrubbed long and hard to get the nasty feeling off of me.

I have been a customer of LaQuinta at other locations before and loved staying at those hotels, but I WILL NEVER USE THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN! There is no possible way I could ever tell anyone that they should stay at LaQuinta in Branson. They should be ashamed of themselves!

Room Tip: Run, don't walk, away from staying here!
2 Thank casaver
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2013

we stayed poolside & loved it. The pool was great and location even better. Excellent breakfast! I would definitely stay here again r recommend it to a friend. The front desk was extremely helpful when we were trying to find an open restaurant after 8pm.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Freeport, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a handicap accessible room...Large bathroom with soft towels and with easy access to the shower.
Parking in front of the door.
Very friendly people at the front desk, also very friendly workers in the free hot breakfast area.
Breakfast menu consisted of cold cereal, orange juice, coffee, hot chocolate, waffles, biscuits and gravy, etc...very complete.
Good central location; walking distance to Dixie Stampde and other shows.

Room Tip: .Ground floor rooms are handiest to unload suit cases.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here March 2013. I have absolutely NO complaints. It's in a great location and has a wonderful indoor pool. Our neighbor snored loud enough to be heard through the walls. A quick trip to the store for ear plugs solved any issues I had with that!

Rusk, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I stay at the La Quinta on the strip every year when we visit with my parents. We stay in the large suite by the indoor pool. I have never had any problems with noise after around 8 pm. We tend to go late in the season and there are normally not a lot of younger people staying there and I like that. The staff are what you would expect from a respectable hotel. Always helpful. The breakfast selection is especially good. I would not stay anywhere else and it befuddles me that they are so far down the list on places to stay in the area. The central location is very convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family