“Idling buses”

Quality Inn Branson W 76 Central
Ranked #66 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed September 29, 2011

While the rooms, breakfast, price, and location are quite acceptable, we were afflicted twice by extensive idling of buses in the parking lot. In the second instance, a single bus idled its engine for at least two hours--in fact, during all the time the passengers and driver were enjoying a meal in the breakfast room! As soon as the bus pulled up adjacent to our room to load baggage and left its engine idling, we had to shut our window due to the fumes and noise, turn up the TV to hear the news, and had to talk loudly in order to hear each other. This situation went on for two full hours! The desk clerks said that would report the incident to the GM of the motel. I would not again stay at this motel unless I knew that had developed a policy against buses idling in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Not in a pet-allowed room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank UTManAmI

Reviewed September 11, 2011

We decided to try La Quinta because it was listed as dog friendly . We'd never stayed there before and saw a couple of negative reviews and almost went with a condo instead, but unfortunately decided to stay there and give them a try. The night before we left, I went down to the office and asked to pay my bill so we could leave right away in the morning. I was given a total and there was a balance due of $53.57 and I had her put it on my credit card. I also used a gift card and each time they ran it through it would get declined. Well I called the card company while I was in the lobby and they said La Quinta was "adding a 20% charge" to the amount I authorized which made it go over the balance on the card. Then the next morning I went to the office and the General Manager, Kirk Paige, told us we owed quite a bit more. I told him that I'd been at the office the night before and both of the agents gave me the balance due and I'd paid it. He said they were wrong and was extremely rude, condescending and told me I wanted to argue and accused me of not wanting to pay my bill. I told him I was going to write a review about the problem on Tripadvisor to make other travelers aware of the problem I had and he said "Well I hope you tell the truth" which I really took offense to. I looked at my bill on the drive home and found out that we'd requested a refrigerator which NEVER SHOWED UP, but the charge for it sure showed up on my bill. The rooms are small, and no frig or microwave. We will never use this chain again. We've done a lot of traveling and have used several different chains and this is the first time we've ever had this type of problem.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank winstonmom1
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Branson, MO from August 27th - September 2nd, 2011 and had multiple issues:

1. Room: We booked this hotel room in February 2011. I thought by booking 6 months in advance, we would be assured a good room at a good rate. Good rate... yes, good room... NO. When we checked in, the front desk clerk told us we would be staying in room 3201. We drove around to where the room was located and let ourselves in. To our astonishment, the room was the size of a coat closet. The room had one queen size bed, a television, and a bathroom. There was no room to walk on either side of the bed and there wasn't even a chair in the room to sit on. We were staying for 6 nights and had nothing more than a queen size bed to sit on all week! I called down to the front desk and told her there was no way we could stay in a room that size for 6 nights. She said she understood and usually showed people that room in advance. She assured me that it was the only room in the facility was that size (they call it the "Overflow Room") and that she had another room that was larger that she could give to me for an extra $10/night. I felt very put out - why was I put in the overflow room if: a) they weren't full, b) I booked 6 months in advance and hadn't requested this tiny overflow room? I should've argued the extra $10/night but I was so grateful to be out of the claustrophobia-causing room that I agreed to pay it. We were put into room 3207... our window was right next to the City Center's gigantic lit marquee sign. It made our room look like it was lightning outside all night, but ANYTHING was better than the coat closet room.

2. Billing: When I awoke on Sunday morning (8/28/11), I decided to double check that everything was squared away on my credit card for the hotel billing. I had used one card to secure the room back in February, however wished to pay with a different card. When I checked in, I SPECIFICALLY asked the girl if it would be a problem to pay with a different card than I had used to reserve the room. She assured me that this would not be a problem, and took the card that I wanted to pay with. Lo and behold, I was charged for the room twice, once on each card. Thankfully, the girl working the desk on Sunday morning was SO helpful and after about 45 minutes, helped contact my bank to have the charges reversed. Huge inconvenience but problem solved.

3. Housekeeping: On Monday (8/29), we were out sightseeing for most of the day. Upon returning at 8:30 p.m., we walked into a room with the bed still unmade and dirty towels on the floor... obviously housekeeping had not been there. I called the front desk to let them know. Her response was, "You must have left the 'Do Not Disturb' sign outside on your door". I was very offended ... we did not leave our sign on the door and I was insulted that someone working in customer service would be so quick to blame the customer first. Had I left the sign on my door, I would have never called in the first place and would have blamed no one but myself for being forgetful. We were offered no solution and did not receive housekeeping services for this day.

4. Housekeeping Part II: Housekeeping did remember to clean our room for the remainder of our stay; however, they did a mediocre job at best. The floor (carpet and tile) was not cleaned ONCE while we were there. There were spots of baby powder and dried toothpaste (I think?) on the bathroom tile and carpet that remained there for our entire stay.

5. Bed: The fitted sheets do not fit the bed and have a tendency to snap you in the hand, arm, or head in the middle of the night. The mattress was very hard. The pillows were very small (about the size of travel pillows). Put this together with the marquee outside of our window, and I did NOT sleep well.

I have enjoyed staying in La Quinta hotels in the past, but I will not be staying in this hotel again and will second guess before I reserve a room in any La Quinta hotels in the future. I was VERY disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 3201!!!
6  Thank bellagabby0407
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Had a weekend trip in Branson, got a great price thru Priceline. The room looks exactly like the pictures. It was super clean. Probably one of the cleanest rooms I have ever been in. Loved the wood floors instead of carpet. Here is my one bad- the bed was hard as a rock, We felt every single spring - for my hubby and I we didnt sleep well at all. But that is just us.
The staff was excellect. Very friendly, and helpful. I cant comment on the breakfast - there was so many people in there we just skipped it.
We loved the inside pool - The waterfall was beautiful. The sauna was great and the whirlpool just had chemicals added - so it was strong, but we enjoyed it.
We would stay there again if we went back to Branson.

1  Thank thepowellslc
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My wife and I just got home from vaca. in Branson,Mo. Our first nights sleep was just as comfortable as the last 5 nights that we stayed in the LaQuinta. What a pleasant surprise! By far the best continental breakfast, the nicest employees(Sandy,Barbara,Diana,Kartina). Anything you needed,they would do all that was possible. If you stay anywhere else in Branson, you are wasting your money. We won't let our family stay at any other hotel in Branson again. Thank you again to all the friendly staff!!

2  Thank skic486
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our stay at this LaQuinta Inn was absolutely amazing!!! It is close to everything and of course right next door to Music City. our room was beautiful. It was roomy, it was clean and had a great view of the main strip. our room in particular didn't have a microwave or fridge but that was OK with us because we ate out most of the time. The breakfast was delicious and bountiful. they had a good selection and lots to choose from including yogurt, cereal, sausage, gravy, biscuits, morning pastries..just to name a few items. I'm not sure if all the rooms have adjoining doors, ours did. But we didn't mind it at all. It was as if the door wasn't even there because we could hear no noise whatsoever coming from the other side. parking is also not a problem here, their parking lot is well lit and spacious. I did notice that this is a pet friendly hotel, but that was OK with us because both the inside of the rooms and the outside of the property are spotless and very well maintained. WAY TO GO LAQUINTA!!! We hardly ever stay at any other hotels, they are THE BEST by far.

Room Tip: I booked online because these hotels fill up quickly sometimes
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank yatzee25
Reviewed July 22, 2011

The only negative thing I can say about the hotel is the facility is probably 35-45 years old and is dated. It is meticulously maintined and expertly run. The rooms are all remodeled and in excellent shape. I really liked the wood floor laminate rather than carpet, it just seemd cleaner.

The free breakfast was very nice with waffles, hard boiled eggs, sausage and biscuits and gravy in addition to all usual continental breakfast fare.

The indoors pool, sauna and whirlpool were clean and on good shaep, but the pools smelled of chlorine and in an enclosed area it could get a little much.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family