“Family friendly it is not”

Ozark Murder Mysteries
Ranked #129 of 155 Concerts & Shows in Branson
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Teens and young adults who enjoy rap music, Michael Jackson songs, and loud rock music blaring at you for 45 minutes will enjoy the predinner and dinner times.Children, older adults, and families with Christian values should look elsewhere for uplifting entertainment. The actors and actresses chat with the audience before the play and during the meal in a polite and friendly manner. T he food was quickly and politely brought to the audience. Instead of an interesting plot my wife and I were subjected to a storyline worthy of an elementary child. Loud and boring are the two adjectives which describe the experience. I wanted to leave as soon as I entered the theater and realized the atmosphere was not family friendly, but my wife insisted we ,at least, stay for the meal. We left at the intermission which did not arrive too soon . If I had done my homework and read the majority negative reviews of other dissatisfied customers of the murder mystery theater, then I would have spent $60 in a satisfying manner.

4  Thank drivologist
There are newer reviews for Ozark Murder Mysteries

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The good news first...

This theater is smaller than other Branson theaters, so all seats have a pretty good view of the stage and tables are well-spaced.

The food was wonderful. Ample portions were served quickly by the delightful actors. The chicken was well-done, tender and deliciously seasoned. The Baked Potato, Green Beans and Applesauce were good. The Cinnamon Roll tasted great, and everyone raved about the coffee.

And now for the bad news...

"Scared to Death" was a huge disappointment.

Advertising for "Ozark Murder Mysteries" boasts "You'll laugh until you die!" This show didn't even come close.

We basically sat at our tables and watched a mediocre stage-play with a little bright spot here and there. One lady laughed loudly through the whole thing, but the source of her mirth was a "mystery" to the rest of us, including those sitting at the same table with her. She must be 1 of the 5 people who gave this show 5 stars.

The biggest "real" laughs were provided by Ghost Hunter Riley Matters, played by a flamboyant Tim Grassi...a really funny guy who knows how to play to the audience. There were a handful of amusing moments provided by the other actors, but they were far too few and too far between.

We found "Scared To Death" more confusing than entertaining. The Parrot Pet Company is just a desk. No animals. Not even a stuffed Parrot to provide much-needed humor. The Halloween "Party" isn't much of a party. No spooky background music, witches, pumpkins, howls or typical costumes.

The only ghost looks like an old Surfer-dude. Other characters seem irrelevant. The scenes with loud forced guffaws were downright annoying. And the entire script is pretty lame and disjointed.

The cast members are really nice people. They're friendly and they work hard. They serve the food AND
perform. They deserve to "make it" in Branson, but they'll need a much better script and creative props if
they want to be rated higher than Show #161 out of 173 shows in Branson.

1  Thank skk1943
Reviewed September 25, 2012

this show is great, usually about 4 different "productions" throughout the year, coinciding with the season of the year. The cast comes out and interacts with the audience before and during the show. You have to figure out who did it and why usually..always a good challenge. This is also a dinner show, and the food is great! we go see this show SEVERAL times a year and it is just as exciting everytime! check them out!!!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Four of us went to the show with a groupon and I agree with some of the other reviewers that even that price was way too much for the quality of the evening!
The food was just OK, both the script and the acting were very amateurish, they continued seating and serving latecomers which led to noise and disruption while trying to follow the inane script.
I would never go again nor would I recommend this show to others.
There are just too many good things in Branson to do to waste one's time on this attraction!

3  Thank Melaney R
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We saw this show last year and, although the script wasn't good, the actors were very talented and funny (especially one cute guy and one crazy lady). We thought it would only get better this year but we were completely wrong. The script was again subpar, the acting was atrocious, and the singing and dancing were worse than bad high school productions. One girl was featured entirely too much and it was so frustrating because she was not talented. I do not recommend this show anymore and we will not be attending next year.

3  Thank Quasar2112

Been to Ozark Murder Mysteries? Share your experiences!