Review Highlights
The best

This was my third time fishing with John, and as always another excellent trip. When I come to... read more

Reviewed today
napadondixon
Auburn, Illinois
via mobile
Great trout fishing guide

My wife, son and I fished with John April 30, 2021. We caught lots of trout, including several... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Redhawkjrt
Springfield, Illinois

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from $31.00
from $10.78
from $95.50
from $22.03
More Info
All reviews catch fish john sappington trout lake taneycomo fly rod hour trip great sense of humor catch and release great trip bald eagles great teacher a lot of fun fished boat techniques blast beginners
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2020

Had an amazing time, John is an excellent captain, very patien. We caught a ton of fish. He taught us a lot and we will definitely return. Your lucky if you get him booked.

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank P6712AYjamesh
Reviewed December 30, 2019

My seven year old happily caught 35 trout while fishing with John and my husband caught 17. It was an experience Christmas gift for our second grader and he loved it. The previous days very warm weather caused us to be underdressed to fish at 9am in 40 degree cloudy weather; luckily John lent two overlayer coats he had on hand. It was also good that John moved up our appointment to a day with no rain. We communicated through text and traveled to Branson from St. Louis. We just now fried up and ate the fish we took home for lunch.

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank dianaaB9633FK
Reviewed December 1, 2019

This was a peaceful & beautiful fishing trip. This was our first time fly fishing, and it was sooo easy and RELAXING!! Our guide keept it interesting. It is a must do!!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank KEaster91
Reviewed November 10, 2019

Get John Sappington as your Taneycomo fishing guide! He will take you to the fish and make you an expert wet fly fisherman.My wife and I had a blast!

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank DEWEYOXBURGER1
Reviewed November 9, 2019

We had the best time fishing with John!! He took the time to ask what we wanted to experience on this trip. Four great hours of fun on Lake Taneycomo. He is a really nice guy and has a great sense of humor. Everything was provided including his great expertise. You really have to go fishing with John...he also has a great respect for the lake, fish, rules and the people he takes along for the ride! Thanks again John, we had a blast.

Date of experience: October 2019