Review Highlights
Trout fishing using a fly rod. John Sappington as my guide on Lake Taneycomo. I hope to use him again in the future.

John took care of everything once I arrived. He sought out the best fishing spots and we caught... read more

Reviewed March 7, 2022
shawnwT3776TW
Branson/Lake Taneycomo #1 Fishing Guide

First, I have had the fortunate opportunity to fish with numerous fishing guides in the continental... read more

Reviewed May 25, 2021
Pynapl7
Lake County, Illinois

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from $39.50
from $9.95
from $100.50
from $22.62
More Info
All reviews john sappington trout fishing lake taneycomo fly rod caught lots of fish
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2019

My seven year old happily caught 35 trout while fishing with John and my husband caught 17. It was an experience Christmas gift for our second grader and he loved it. The previous days very warm weather caused us to be underdressed to fish at 9am in 40 degree cloudy weather; luckily John lent two overlayer coats he had on hand. It was also good that John moved up our appointment to a day with no rain. We communicated through text and traveled to Branson from St. Louis. We just now fried up and ate the fish we took home for lunch.

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank dianaaB9633FK
Reviewed December 1, 2019

This was a peaceful & beautiful fishing trip. This was our first time fly fishing, and it was sooo easy and RELAXING!! Our guide keept it interesting. It is a must do!!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank KEaster91
Reviewed November 10, 2019

Get John Sappington as your Taneycomo fishing guide! He will take you to the fish and make you an expert wet fly fisherman.My wife and I had a blast!

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank DEWEYOXBURGER1
Reviewed November 9, 2019

We had the best time fishing with John!! He took the time to ask what we wanted to experience on this trip. Four great hours of fun on Lake Taneycomo. He is a really nice guy and has a great sense of humor. Everything was provided including his great expertise. You really have to go fishing with John...he also has a great respect for the lake, fish, rules and the people he takes along for the ride! Thanks again John, we had a blast.

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank Dana H
Reviewed November 8, 2019

Wife and I went fishing with John on the morning of Oct. 27th. Used his fly rod set up, first time for us using. John does a great job of explaining what to do with the equipment, how to watch your line in the water, as well as reel the fish in. Weather was in the low to mid 40's and foggy that morning. The dam was letting out flood water over the gates, so I was not expecting a great day based on how high the water was, and how fast the water was moving. I was wrong. We netted 43 fish in 4 hours between my wife and I. Great time, John is a lot of fun. I would recommend, and will plan to go again the next time I am in Branson.

Date of experience: October 2019