Review Highlights
Fantastic Trip

Me, my brother, and my father all went fishing this March (2020) and it was awesome. It was very... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
LavaHead
Fishing Taneycomo

Had an amazing time, John is an excellent captain, very patien. We caught a ton of fish. He taught... read more

Reviewed February 22, 2020
P6712AYjamesh

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from $30.00
from $9.95
from $77.38
from $33.92
More Info
All reviews catch fish john sappington trout lake taneycomo half day trip fly rod great sense of humor great trip cooper creek experienced fisherman great teacher bald eagles four hours non stop action awesome experience table rock top notch
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2019

This was a peaceful & beautiful fishing trip. This was our first time fly fishing, and it was sooo easy and RELAXING!! Our guide keept it interesting. It is a must do!!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank KEaster91
Reviewed November 10, 2019

Get John Sappington as your Taneycomo fishing guide! He will take you to the fish and make you an expert wet fly fisherman.My wife and I had a blast!

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank DEWEYOXBURGER1
Reviewed November 9, 2019

We had the best time fishing with John!! He took the time to ask what we wanted to experience on this trip. Four great hours of fun on Lake Taneycomo. He is a really nice guy and has a great sense of humor. Everything was provided including his great expertise. You really have to go fishing with John...he also has a great respect for the lake, fish, rules and the people he takes along for the ride! Thanks again John, we had a blast.

1  Thank Dana H
Reviewed November 8, 2019

Wife and I went fishing with John on the morning of Oct. 27th. Used his fly rod set up, first time for us using. John does a great job of explaining what to do with the equipment, how to watch your line in the water, as well as reel the fish in. Weather was in the low to mid 40's and foggy that morning. The dam was letting out flood water over the gates, so I was not expecting a great day based on how high the water was, and how fast the water was moving. I was wrong. We netted 43 fish in 4 hours between my wife and I. Great time, John is a lot of fun. I would recommend, and will plan to go again the next time I am in Branson.

Reviewed October 31, 2019

We were on a 4 hour guided fishing expedition with John on Lake Taneycoma in Branson, Missouri.. The results for our trip far exceeded our expectations. John patiently and humorously taught us how to fly fish and catch Trout. We caught approx. 10 fish each per hour for 4 hours.. Most everything we caught was in the 15" to 18" range. Suffice it to say, we were tired by the time we got back to dock. It was the fishing trip of a life time for us. Worth every penny we spent for the trip. Vern & Alice