Review Highlights
The best

This was my third time fishing with John, and as always another excellent trip. When I come to... read more

Reviewed today
napadondixon
Auburn, Illinois
via mobile
Great trout fishing guide

My wife, son and I fished with John April 30, 2021. We caught lots of trout, including several... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Redhawkjrt
Springfield, Illinois

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from $31.00
from $10.78
from $95.50
from $22.03
More Info
All reviews catch fish john sappington trout lake taneycomo fly rod hour trip great sense of humor catch and release great trip bald eagles great teacher a lot of fun fished boat techniques blast beginners
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2019

We had the best time fishing with John!! He took the time to ask what we wanted to experience on this trip. Four great hours of fun on Lake Taneycomo. He is a really nice guy and has a great sense of humor. Everything was provided including his great expertise. You really have to go fishing with John...he also has a great respect for the lake, fish, rules and the people he takes along for the ride! Thanks again John, we had a blast.

1  Thank Dana H
Reviewed November 8, 2019

Wife and I went fishing with John on the morning of Oct. 27th. Used his fly rod set up, first time for us using. John does a great job of explaining what to do with the equipment, how to watch your line in the water, as well as reel the fish in. Weather was in the low to mid 40's and foggy that morning. The dam was letting out flood water over the gates, so I was not expecting a great day based on how high the water was, and how fast the water was moving. I was wrong. We netted 43 fish in 4 hours between my wife and I. Great time, John is a lot of fun. I would recommend, and will plan to go again the next time I am in Branson.

Reviewed October 31, 2019

We were on a 4 hour guided fishing expedition with John on Lake Taneycoma in Branson, Missouri.. The results for our trip far exceeded our expectations. John patiently and humorously taught us how to fly fish and catch Trout. We caught approx. 10 fish each per hour for 4 hours.. Most everything we caught was in the 15" to 18" range. Suffice it to say, we were tired by the time we got back to dock. It was the fishing trip of a life time for us. Worth every penny we spent for the trip. Vern & Alice

1  Thank Laverne K
Reviewed October 27, 2019 via mobile

I have fished this lake for 35 year and I have never gotten so many and so big fish as I did with John. I’m going next week and doing it again. He is the best. If you want a guide and don’t get John you are a dumbass.

Date of experience: July 2019
4  Thank 761chesterc
Reviewed October 24, 2019

Our family has used John as a guide on Lake Tanneycomo for the last several years. His good nature, professionalism, and knowledge of the river are all first class. He always puts us on a lot of trout. I can't imagine there being a better guide in Branson.

Date of experience: September 2019