Review Highlights
This was my second trip with Captain John the past 2 years.

My first trip with Captain John was early May 2017 under historic flooding conditions and with 2 of... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
TripTravellingMan1
Must do if you want to have fun

I have been Bass fishing for 40 years, l have been trying to catch trout at Taneycomo for 5, I... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
scott s

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from $99.95
from $34.00
from $35.00
from $43.00
More Info
All reviews catch fish john sappington trout lake taneycomo half day trip great trip great sense of humor catch and release fly rod knew exactly where his knowledge great teacher bald eagles four hours non stop boat ride highlight of our trip
Reviewed May 7, 2018

We visit Branson from Chicago Area from time to time. One of the highlights of our visit each year is to hire John for a day of fishing. He is one of the best guides in Branson and what separated him is how he ALWAYS does his best to find and catch fish for his clients. I highly recommend him. He a family man also a lot of fun to share stories and have a few laughs while hunting for fish,

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed May 1, 2018

Enthusiastic two thumbs up!! Our guide was very diligent in providing us with an awesome experience yet providing us tips and sharing techniques to help us be better fishermen! Collectively amongst the three in our group I think we caught in the 60-80 fish range!

Reviewed April 25, 2018

John was spot on finding the fish, taught my buddy - a first timer for trout fishing- with great patience. He kept us laughing with his yarn spinning, AND found the fish. Caught 50- or 60 or so, and had to settle for the best 4 each to get the limit, sizes etc. He showed us several Bald EAgles, Blue Herons, a Fox den, a ground hog- everything but Alligators... John is funny,personable, glad to give us tips for fishing other places and days without him. We'll definitely be back and hire John Again. I have fished with guides from the Amazon to Mexico, the USA and Canada- and can say had more fun this trip than all the rest!

Reviewed April 23, 2018

My son and I had a great time even though it was 35 degrees outside. We caught over 40 trout in two hours that day. Thanks John for making this trip great.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Loved the trip. Lots of good fish. Easy to catch. Will fish with John again. Made fishing look easy.