Review Highlights
Trout fishing using a fly rod. John Sappington as my guide on Lake Taneycomo. I hope to use him again in the future.

John took care of everything once I arrived. He sought out the best fishing spots and we caught... read more

Reviewed March 7, 2022
shawnwT3776TW
Branson/Lake Taneycomo #1 Fishing Guide

First, I have had the fortunate opportunity to fish with numerous fishing guides in the continental... read more

Reviewed May 25, 2021
Pynapl7
Lake County, Illinois

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from $39.50
from $9.95
from $100.50
from $22.62
More Info
All reviews john sappington trout fishing lake taneycomo fly rod caught lots of fish
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2018

My brother and I hooked up with John for a half-day trip recently. John is and excellent guide and has a great sense of humor (good to have when your around me and my brother). We were bringing in the fish so fast I thought we were going to wear John out! Had a great time, caught 59 trout Thanks John

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

My wife surprised me with a trout trip guided by John. It was very cold at about 27F but John still took my uncle and myself out. John had me catching trout on a fly rod within minutes and I had never fly fished before. He has a great personality and truly knows his stuff. John was so dedicated to making our trip a success that he stayed out with us even after getting a hook caught in his lip while tying on a new fly. You won't find a better guide and I look forward to returning to Branson and fishing with John again!

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Kyle_Harper
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Great fishing trip my son and I caught 38 trout in 2 hours 20 degrees John company was very enjoyable great trip would recommend this to everyone

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 4, 2017

I booked a half-day fishing trip with John and was not disappointed.
He was very knowledgeable and took me right to some great fishing.
I was able to catch rainbow and brown trout, and smallmouth and Kentucky bass.
I've been fishing for a long time, and this is the best fishing that I've seen.
Thanks John! I'll definitely be back on our next trip to Branson.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2017

I took my father and brother-in-law fishing with John hoping for all of us to catch our first trout. John is top notch. Not only did he consistently put large numbers of fish in the boat all day despite adverse conditions, my dad caught a wall-hanger and we all caught trout close to 20". John handled everything and was a true joy to talk with for the day. If you're looking for a guide look no further! Thanks John! We'll be seeing you again soon!

Date of experience: November 2017