Review Highlights
Trout fishing using a fly rod. John Sappington as my guide on Lake Taneycomo. I hope to use him again in the future.

John took care of everything once I arrived. He sought out the best fishing spots and we caught... read more

Reviewed March 7, 2022
shawnwT3776TW
Branson/Lake Taneycomo #1 Fishing Guide

First, I have had the fortunate opportunity to fish with numerous fishing guides in the continental... read more

Reviewed May 25, 2021
Pynapl7
Lake County, Illinois

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from $39.50
from $9.95
from $100.50
from $22.62
More Info
All reviews john sappington trout lake taneycomo fly rod catch and release caught lots of fish fished boat knowledge outing expert dad
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Great fishing trip my son and I caught 38 trout in 2 hours 20 degrees John company was very enjoyable great trip would recommend this to everyone

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 4, 2017

I booked a half-day fishing trip with John and was not disappointed.
He was very knowledgeable and took me right to some great fishing.
I was able to catch rainbow and brown trout, and smallmouth and Kentucky bass.
I've been fishing for a long time, and this is the best fishing that I've seen.
Thanks John! I'll definitely be back on our next trip to Branson.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

I took my father and brother-in-law fishing with John hoping for all of us to catch our first trout. John is top notch. Not only did he consistently put large numbers of fish in the boat all day despite adverse conditions, my dad caught a wall-hanger and we all caught trout close to 20". John handled everything and was a true joy to talk with for the day. If you're looking for a guide look no further! Thanks John! We'll be seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Thank you, John, for the best trout fishing experience ever! 3 of our 4 fished. Nancy, a high school student from China who lives with us, had never fished before and had an absolutely amazing first fishing experience! We kept enough for 2 delicious meals AND released twice as many more.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Had a great time fishing with John. We caught a lot of fish and enjoyed both John's company and knowledge. It took John little time to find and hook fish, very little time with no action.

Date of experience: October 2017