Review Highlights
Trout fest

John is friendly, patient, and really knows how to catch fish. I caught so many I was ready to call... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
M4361UApaulr
via mobile
Best Guide in Missouri

Went fly fishing with John this weekend caught a ton of fish, and had a blast. I’ve fly fished all... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
claytonbeecher
Dallas, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Branson
from $11.20
from $35.00
from $43.00
More Info
All reviews catch fish john sappington trout lake taneycomo half day trip great trip great sense of humor fly rod catch and release knew exactly where his knowledge bald eagles four hours non stop highlight of our trip awesome experience top notch
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We spent a half day, Mon Oct 15th with John on the White River catching Trout and more Trout. For over 4 hrs we had one or more on the line. A great guide with patience and good fishing instructions. No matter what you want to fish for – Bass or Trout – John Sappington is the guide to book. Great boat that can safely and comfortably handle 4 fishing. Launches from a handicapped landing with easy ingress for the mobility impaired. Handicaped accessable bathroom located at State Park launch site which also has a free for use fishing pier.

Date of experience: October 2012
2  Thank VentureTexas
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Professor Joe
I chose John Sappington as the guide for my grand-daughter's first fishing experience because I knew he would make the experience great for her. And he certainly did. He knows lake Taneycomo like the back of his hand and put us on good trout fishing immediately. He was patient and very helpful. His fishing boat and equipment were clean and first rate. You couldn't ask for more in a guide as he made my grand-daughter's first trout fishing experience a wonderful adventure. Like most of John's clients I am looking forward to more trout fishing on Taneycomo and bass fishing on Table Rock. I would recommend John to anyone who wants the best, whether they are beginners or experienced anglers.

3  Thank 564Joe_S
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I just want to say how great of a time my dad, brother, and i had fishing with Mr. John.
He was great to get along with, quick to help, and each one of us bagged our full quota of fish!I
It was the best fishing trip we ever had and i look forward to doing it again in the future.

I would advise anyone reading this comment to do the same!

Thanks a ton,
JC B

2  Thank JC B
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My son Clayton and I spend Labor day with John catching over 40 trout. What a great day. Even though we were not the most experienced fly fishermen John was patient and taught us what to do to catch fish. I would highly recommend a trip with John. (Can't wait to come back and fish for the big Browns)

3  Thank Steve P
Reviewed April 17, 2012

John Sappington is the guide you want on Taneycomo Lake. We started slow due to the learning curve, but were soon bringing in trout on almost every cast. Ton of fun and learned a lot. A years worth of fishig in a half day trip, definitely money well spent! Can't wait to book him for bass fishing on Table Rock.

Date of experience: April 2012