“Excellent is not high enough!”
Review of Crazy Cajun Citchen - CLOSED

Crazy Cajun Citchen
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Located on the site of Lakeview Campground. A Cajun splash decor on the outdoor porch with a wonderful view of Tablerock Lake. An indoor dining room with anitque and Louisiana decor. Very casual and friendly !!We are seasonal open April - Oct. Call for opening and closing dates.
Ozark, MO
“Excellent is not high enough!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have eaten many fine meals in New Orleans and none have been as good as what we were served at Crazy Cajun Citchen. My wife and I shared a bowl of Red Beans & Rice and the Crawfish Arcadia. Both were delicious beyond delicious. The Crawfish Arcadia consists of the very best Crawfish Etouffee poured over the most perfectly cooked fried catfish fillet ever. An absolute treat! True Louisiana Cajuns serving the best Cajun food you will ever eat.

Florissant, Missouri
“A true cajun experience in Missouri.”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This place is located in Indian Point. The drive there is an adventure. Twist and turns through the Ozark Mountain. You arrive at a shanty that looks like the shacks you'd find in the swampy back woods on Louisanna. There's optional seating, outdoors on the porch or indoors that setup like a grandmothers eat in kitchen. The service is so homie and friendly. One thing I found strange was that all drinks are bottled. I ordered the fried catfish meal with fries and okra. The fish was fried and seasoned just right. Not too hard or salty. 2 large pieces of fish and a massive side of okra and fries. I needed help with this meal. My husband had the catfish acadian. Its fried catfish laid on a bed of white rice, smothered in crawfish etouffee. It was mindblowing! He cleaned his plate. Best biteful of etouffee that I've had. We also ordered boudin...it was ok. We also took beingettes to go. They smelled awesome while hot but by the time we got back to our hotel they were just ok. We'll be returning!!

1 Thank LadyThomas
“Hole-in-the-wall Cajun”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This little gem was very close to our resort - we passed by it so many times we decided to stop in for lunch. It's not a big place, but we did have a nice seat outside with a nice view near the lake, surrounded by quite an array of knick-knacks.
I had the e'touffe and my husband had the Crazy Cajun Link. My e'touffe was nearly as good as anything we had down in New Orleans, and the Cajun link was well seasoned with a nice snap as you bite into it, but otherwise unmemorable. However, the best part of the meal was the service. Not only was our server attentive and great with the kids, both the owners came out and asked about our experience, and sat down with some of the other patrons. They definitely have a vested interest in the area and a passion for their restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had the shrimp creole. The dish had very good flavor but all of the shrimp were mushy. I was disappointed with every bite. It took about 45 minutes for the food to be served. I wont be back. I don't understand why a place with so much potential would ruin it with inferior shrimp.

Burlington, Vermont
“Good food little bland”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I was expecting a little more flavorful food. The meals we received were all way too hot as if they had been heated all day to a boiling temperature. Prices were very cheap. The beignets were delicious. Probably wouldn't go back for again.