“A hidden gem!”
Review of Crazy Cajun Citchen - CLOSED

Crazy Cajun Citchen
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Located on the site of Lakeview Campground. A Cajun splash decor on the outdoor porch with a wonderful view of Tablerock Lake. An indoor dining room with anitque and Louisiana decor. Very casual and friendly !!We are seasonal open April - Oct. Call for opening and closing dates.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place should be a "go to" for any Cajun food lover visiting the Branson area. It's secluded back by Silver Dollar City and had a very relaxing, family like environment. The food was awesome and the owner, Daryl, was very personable- taking time to visit with our group and explain what went into the dishes. We love restaurants that have a hometown authentic feel and this one definite met the mark! The service was also excellent. You won't be disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Crazy Cajun Citchen

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was it the fine hospitality or good food that was most enjoyable? Not sure which we enjoyed more. But I do know I am very happy we decided to the make this a stop along our way on a recent road trip. My husband & I travel quite a bit on motorcycle and I use Tripadvisor religiously when choosing interesting and affordable places to dine, stay, and visit. So in planning a trip thru KY, IL, MO, AR, and back to TN, I came across this place in Branson which offers Cajun cuisine and had a good rating. My husband loves Cajun food and does not get it that often so I made this a planned stop along our route. We almost did not go there because we were going to arrive in the Branson area around 11 or so and did not know if we wanted to wait till noon to eat and therefore arrive at our destination an hour later. So we killed a little time shopping and such and arrived there around noon. Being a Thursday, they were not that busy at the time and Cathy (one of the owners) spent a few minutes chatting with us while we decided on what to order. We placed our orders and a little later her husband, Darell, came in to chat. We were on our motorcycle and as he is also a motorcycle enthusiast, he struck up a conversation with my husband. He left and then our orders arrived. My husband had the gumbo and I had the Shrimp Creole with cornbread. Both of us enjoyed our meal very much Now let me make a few comments on some of the not as positive things others said. Their expectations are not fair based upon the nature of this business. Yes, the drinks are bottled and food is served in disposable containers. These are not my preferred choices either. But these folks started this business with the intentions of it being more take out or casual dining and are not yet set up to accommodate some of the more demanding customers' requests. Just make sure that your expectations are reasonable and I don't think you will be disappointed one bit and might even find it to be a very pleasant experience. If you want good Cajun food at a reasonable price, you should be pleased. As for the seasoning, I too like spicier, but I also understand everyone taste is different. I added a little hot sauce and it was perfect. Remember not everyone likes it as hot as others. You can't take out seasoning, but you can add to suit your taste. So I appreciate this type of consideration for all. I get so upset at restaurants that add so much salt to food that I can't eat it. I would appreciate less salt and if I want more, then I now how to pick up a salt shaker and add more. Same principle here with the hot sauce-being considerate of all tastes. We were very happy with our meal and we can be pretty picky reviewers. But the very best part to us was how friendly this couple is and their down home hospitality. It was like dining with old friends. We are both very happy we delayed our trip a little and made a special point to stop here. We will definitely make a point to stop by there again if in that area.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were doing a 5 state motorcycle trip Labor Day weekend and my wife planned to stop at the Crazy Cajun Citchen as one of the stops along the way. Boy did she hit a home run on this choice. It's in front of a campground and across from Table Rock Lake and has outdoor/ indoor dining (indoor has 4 dining tables plus a checkers table). Outdoor was very nice and covered, but the day we were there, it was one of the hottest days of the year, and we chose the indoor seating. The owners, Darell and Cathy were very nice and made me feel like I was at a relative's house for a visit, instead of buying lunch at a restaurant.. I had the Chicken & Sausage Gumbo and wife had the Shrimp Creole. Gumbo was very good and the Shrimp Creole was excellent. Yes, the food comes out in styrofoam "to go" type bowls, but I never eat the bowls anyway! Someone mentioned that the drinks are bottled BUT VERY reasonably priced compared to most restaurants and ICE COLD!. As we were paying to leave, Darell just finished fixing some Jambalaya. I made a comment about I love Jambalaya and Derell gave me a sample. The Jambalaya was also excellent. If I'm that way again, I'll stop for another meal. The only hard part about eating there is deciding what to eat. Next day we ate dinner at a chain restaurant and paid a lot more and was not as nearly as good.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I liked this place. We ate here after a long Friday at Silver Dollar City because we were looking for something close and not so ordinary. That and we always support local when we travel-no chains! Yes, the place looks to be at the beginning of a campground- almost like the campground convenience store is attached to the backside. Yes, they have a covered deck you sit on; I wouldn't sit in their dining room as I felt too removed, it was nice out, and we had been out all day at the park. Yes, the food comes out in styrofoam "to go" fashion, but come on, you're at the lake, chill out. The food was good and a nice change from all that other Branson stuff. Give it a try if you're laid back, if you're looking for fancy $100 meals you will need to go elsewhere!

1  Thank Ready4MoreBeach
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We really wanted to like this place but in the end, it was barely average. All drinks are bottled, including tea and water. No po'boys, that was a disappointment. Seemed overpriced for the atmosphere and the amount of food. Most of the food could use additional spice. Maybe this is just the difference in Alexandria LA Cajun versus New Orleans Cajun but we won't be back. However, the waitress was very nice and attentive.