“Excellent authentic restaurant!”

India Clay Oven
Ranked #6 of 389 Restaurants in Branson
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are an authentic Indian restaurant with guest satisfaction as our goal. We offer fine dining, great service and a wonderful atmosphere. We are across from the Walmart on Highway 76 in beautiful Branson, MO. Please let us know that you saw us here on Trip Advisor. We look forward to serving you, soon! Our lunch hours are 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM. Dinner hours are 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I were highly impressed! I had been meaning to try this place out, and I'm glad we did. I'm not typically too adventurous in my eating, but I'm trying to branch out more. This is definitely a place to branch out!

We started off with the "India's Special Platter" to try out some different items (the vegetable pakoras was our favorite!). We also got the "Stuffed Basket," which comes with three different kinds of nan. We weren't thrilled with the onion flavor, but the other two were so tasty! And lastly, we went with traditional and got the "Chicken Tikka Masala" dish. It was hot and full of flavor. I asked for some spicy sauce, and the server brought out a small bowl of a neon red sauce with some type of seeds in it. I was scared by the sight at first, but wow, it was so good and had just the right amount of hotness! I don't like the stuff that burns so much you can barely breathe, so this was perfect.

We were the only people there when we arrived, so I was afraid the food might be subpar. But to my surprise, every dish we ate was piping hot and seemed to be freshly made. All of it was SO good!

The server was extremely nice and treated us both so well. He was a bit hard to understand at times, but no biggie. We just wanted to ask lots of questions to become more familiar with their food!

Atmosphere is quaint. It's not a large place, but it's decorated nicely and festively. Might be kinda cramped if they were full.

Prices are a bit higher than I would like, but are doable for us for special occasions here and there. But share an entree and an appetizer, and you could be out of there for less than $30.

We will definitely be back! I love broadening my food horizons, and I love to support local businesses. This place definitely deserves the business!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

as retired military, we have eaten many kinds of food in many far -flung places.. this new indian restaurant is FABULOUS!!! the staff is courteous and welcoming.. the restsurant clean and well appointed, the indian music videos addedto the light atmosphere; we had the tikka marsalla paneer, which was flavorful and perfectly prepared, with delicate basmati rice.. and the lamb biryani, which was the best i have ever eaten.. the lamb was tender and spiced perfectly, (and i had asked it to be extra spicy).. it is a real art to prepare a dish hot and maintain the flavor of the dish, not just the peppers.. the chef did a stunning job of it. we are looking forward to trying many other dishes and the lunch buffet.. and making the india clay oven and grill a major stop on our branson trips.. wow! this is a GREAT restaurant..

2  Thank bjcharb
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great food, with excellant service. We had the appetizer combo plate with excellant sauces and well prepared appetizers., great garlic nan, Fish tikka(not over done as can be a problem with tandorri cooking), and lamb tikka masella. We also had a side of mixed pickles which was wonderfull.

The service was outstanding.

If you love indian food this is a great place!

2  Thank BostonSkier
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went there tonight, decided to take a chance as most restaurants in Branson are not good, but happy to report this is a winner!!! As locals of Branson, we tread tentatively as Branson food is generally very low quality. We ordered over the phone and drove down to pick it up ten minutes later to be greeted by a friendly Indian man who had our food right there ready for us. We ordered a Chicken Korma to share and a basket of 3 Naan. It came with a small bowl of rice - only complaint would be that for the size of the Korma you really need more rice, even if just one person was eating it. But the flavors were AMAZING and out of this world. The food was hot, the chicken was cooked perfectly and not too dry. It all was very fresh. The chicken korma does say $12.95 online but we were charged $13.95 so I guess they haven't updated the menu on their website. The naan breads were all good too. It also came with two small chutney type things which were incredibly delicious. This all cost us a little over $25. We will most definitely be recommending this, eating there again and taking family there. Great service and outstanding food from what we have experienced tonight. Yum!

2  Thank Treenzs
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Loved this place and so excited to see Branson get some diversity! Ordered off the menu instead of the buffet. Fantastic service, great recommendations and we were given a dessert on the house! Easiest way to win over customers for life. :)

1  Thank emalye

Been to India Clay Oven? Share your experiences!