“No Rustic Charm here”

Branson Plantation Inn
Ranked #104 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“No Rustic Charm here”
Reviewed June 11, 2005

My family and I stayed here for a weekend like we always do. We usually just go to Silver Dollar City. This hotel wasn't exactly bad, but just outdated. First trying to get there was an extreme hassle because its off the highway at a very strange exit. At night it was essecially hard due to no street lights. The rooms i must admit were very spacious you could acctually walk by someone! However they did not have Queen size beds. All they had were doubles. The roomed smelled like smoke, even when we had requested a non-smoking room. I have a 6 year old, a sixteen year, old and me and myself. The sink area was so small which made brusing our teeth very difficult. The parking lot had tons of rocks which hit our car. The staff wasn't friendly, but rather bored. The breakfast however was very good. I wouldn't recomend this hotel to families at all.

• Stayed February 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed September 27, 2004

Hotel was not at all what I expected after reading the great reviews. The cleanliness was definitely not up to par and the decor was (for lack of a better word) depressing. Staff was indeed friendly but will definitely find a different location to stay next time.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 7, 2004

We stayed here from Aug 5th through Aug 8th, 2004. We have stayed at a couple of other hotels in Branson before but after reading the reviews, we had decided to try this hotel this year. The price was average for 4 people ($50). The pool is nice. I would have liked to have had a hot tub. We enjoyed the close proximity to so many things along the strip. The restaurant is good, typical Branson buffet. The beds were a little too firm for us. (That is when the hot tub would have come in handy.) Our room was kind of noisy. We got a lot of vehicle noise from the small road right beside the hotel. (There was a gap between the door and the jam and we could see daylight through it. That may have been the reason for the noise coming in.)You could however see the fireworks every night from Celebration City. Everyone here is very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean with plenty of space for 4 people. All in all it isn't a bad hotel, we probably will not stay here again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2004

After having worked in the cleaning indrusty - I know the definition of clean. Housekeeping needs a little help at the Plantaion Inn.

After all the wonderful reviews I read on trip advisor, I decided to give Plantation Inn a shot. Small things that would be overlooked by most will get noticed by myself.

Lets confirm the positive aspects of this hotel first.

--Very friendly staff makes you feel at home
--Well maintained grounds makes for a pleasant atmosphere to relax
--No bugs
--Great location accessible from the yellow route and the strip.
--I was impressed with hotel because the pictures on the hotel website dont do it alot of justice. Its really nicer than it looks.

I was however, unimpressed with the cleanliness of our room. Most importantly - Our Bathroom Was Clean - No hair in the tub, however the rest of our room need attention to detail. The carpets needed a good vacumming in the corners and all around the edges of the room. the little ledges on the furniture need a good dusting, and worst of all... I noticed how dirty the floor was behind the nightstand after having to pick up a toy that my child threw back there. I pulled the nightstand out so housekeeping could see it too. As we loaded up our family van and cleared the room out we let the housekeeper in the room to get started and she put that nightstand right back where it belonged without cleaning under it. Also, when we checked into our room - I was browsing through the drawer of the nightstand and found trash from a previous guest including an old calling card & the guests reservation confirmation with all of their personal info on it. Its probably still there cause I think I put it back.

--The Plantation Inn Restaraunt was ok.
The food was good except for the scrambled eggs which had a fishy taste to them - and the coffee was so weak you could see right through the pot. And, Our server who was very professional and gave great service, looked like a total slob.

--Would I recommend it?
Sure, if you feel 50 a night is a good deal, and you can refrain from nit picking every little thing. There are no refridgerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, or hair dryers in the room. There is no free continental breakfast. The rooms are almost clean enough to stay in and the grounds are in tip top shape.

--Will I stay again?
Probably not. The amenities do not meet my needs. And the carpets really turned me off. Most dust is made up of dead skin cells shed from the human body.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2004

In todays world, CUSTOMER SERVICE is mostly a thing of the past. BUT, at the Planation Inn Reservation service in Branson, OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE is an every day event. We saw the ad in the Branson Chamber book and checked out the Plantation Inn Branson's website, then we used their toll free phone number and called them. A young lady named Diane answered. We told her that we had never been to Branson. She proceeded to ask us a bunch of questions that allowed her to custom tailor a vacation package for us.

When we arrived in Branson, at the Plantation Inn, we received all of our show tickets and dining coupons. EVERY SHOW that DIANE recommended was to our liking. The breakfasts, lunches & dinners at the Plantation Inn Resturant & the Dockers Resturant were excellent. The rooms in the Plantation Inn were spotless. The LOCATION of the Plantation Inn was just great. We had NO TROUBLE finding our shows with the CUSTOM MAP given to use by DIANE.

We had a marvelous time. We felt that our vacation would not have been as wonderful, without the excellent help of DIANE. She is the QUEEN OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Reviewed June 10, 2004

We just returned from a several week trip to the colonies. We decided to go to Branson. Before we left, we looked on TripAdvisor and saw the reviews about the Plantation Inn Branson. We used a search engine and found the Inn's website. Not knowing any of the shows, we filled out the form on the website for a custom package. We got an Email back from DIANE. We told her our likes and dislikes, and in a short time she had a custom package all picked out for us. When we got to Branson and the Plantation Inn - our tickets where waiting, along with a map on how to get to each theatre. DIANE made it easy for use. I know that the name LINDA has appeared in many of the reviews. We also met Linda when we where in Branson and I must say that if you deal with either LINDA or DIANE, you will be most pleased with the results. Cheers

Amherst, Ohio
Reviewed May 12, 2004

Very nice accomodations in a very good location. Extremely easy to customize your package and have your tickets waiting when you arrive. Breakfast buffet can't be beat. Enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed May 2004