“Terrible!!!!!”
Review of Lakeshore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Branson
Lakeshore Resort
Ranked #69 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed January 28, 2007

The rooms are filthy and the management has terrible ethics. We called to cancel our room more than six months in advance and then we were billed an entire week. After alot of arguing they told us they would not expect payment for the week of the room. They claimed if we could come up with phone records that we called to cancel they would then transfer our deposit to another date within a year. I found the phone records and they still refused to give us the deposit back or to be used towards our next date. They claimed that the next date was one day later than the original reservation and it must be used within a year.

All of this after my husbands family has been going to LakeShore every year for over ten years. And the year previous to this a mirror fell off the wall and hit my Dad on the head about an hour after a dishwasher fellover and landed on my 2 1/2 year old daughter. Not even an apology for either of those incidents. Just take our money the following year.

With the new landing at Branson complex being built there are so many beautiful locations to stay at that are much less expensive. Do not allow this business to take advantage of you like they did me.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AmySt.Louis
There are newer reviews for Lakeshore Resort

North Carolina
Reviewed March 1, 2005

We stayed at Lakeshore during the winter months and it was wonderful! My family and I enjoyed the quiet, relaxing atmosphere of the lake and wonderful wildlife. The fireplace in the room was great and so was the jacuzzi tub. The room was very clean and up-to-date. Needless to say I would definitely recommend this resort to everyone! Thanks for a great vacation!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sapulpa, Ok
Reviewed November 30, 2004

We had stayed at the resort once before for a reunion (30 family members) and were pleased. Upon leaving, we made reservations for the next year; paid deposits in January when we were billed. One month before we were to go back for another reunion, two of our families were called and told that they had been "bumped" for their fist nights stay but they could book for a night longer if they wanted too. This was entirely unexceptable as they were traveling all the way from Michigan & Wisconcin and everyone else would be leaving the day before they would if they accepted the extra night. When we asked why they had been bumped, no explanation was given. I presume a bigger party was coming in and we didn't matter. Poor business ethics!!!! Not an "I'm sorry or anything!!!!! We won't go back.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed October 25, 2004

What a rip-off. My wife and I booked the hotel and was charged the deposit fee (1 nights stay). Upon arrival, we went to our room and were amazed at how disgusting the room was. No lock on the door, smelled of mildue and wasn't clean. Needless to say, we were forced to stay somewhere else for the remainder of the trip.

When we spoke with the owner, we were informed we would still be charged the deposit, then 7 days later were charged another 2 nights stay.

I cannot comprehend any of the other reviews listed here. Suffice it so say that, anyone can publish a review. Even the folks who own the hotel.

A very, very unsastisfied customer.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
St.Louis, MO
Reviewed January 17, 2004

We returned to this great hideaway again. Located off the strip and right on the lake. As was our last trip, very relaxing, the rooms were even more updated and just cozy. As my wife rested, I fished from the dock and caught my limit. The staff was very helpful in bait selection and really wanted me to catch my limit. What another wonderful trip.
Thanks to the staff and we will see you soon with more of our friends.
Thanks a zillion.