Lakeshore Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Branson
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewstrout fishinglake taneycomorose suitebasketball goalseveral yearsgreat hostsup to datebranson landingplace to staydockscabinplaygroundaccommodationspetgrill
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

First let me say Lakeshore is not luxury accommodations. However, if you are looking for Lake Taneycomo fun it is here! We have come here for several years to fish and hang out in Branson. The lakefront is cooler than in town by about 5-10 degrees. The trout fishing is generally pretty good off the 2 docks that Lakeshore has. If you need to dock a boat you can do that here as well. Rodney the owner/manager will help you out with most any info or needs you have. He even loaned our granddaughter a book when she finished hers! The pool is nice and offers some shade. This is a great location to stay at. Near enough to Branson to get there pretty quickly and handy to alot of other needs. My family will continue to use Lakeshore Resorts whenever we come to Branson.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Travordon
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The appeal of the place is good, it has a very good location and the facilities have the potential to be great but.... when we first arrived the cabin was not clean and it smelled terrible. Upon further inspection, the shower was dirty and someone had broken a dish over one of the burners on the stove and the glass was not picked up. The stove itself was dirty and smoked like mad when we tried to use it to keep our dinner warm. Also the docks were only held to shore buy 1 bolt. When we tried to talk to the manager, he was not available. We were told that he would not be out of bed until 11:00am. So the matter was discussed with, as far as we could tell, the only other person "working" at the resort “Heidi” the psycho maid. She was totally unprofessional about it and even though we attempted to voice our dissatisfaction with the room in a calm manner, she became very emotional. After we were able to speak to the manager, the woman came back to our cabin and told my 78 year old father that thanks to us, she had been fired and now would be homeless. We were moved into a bigger and much better cabin and all seemed to be going much better. All of this took placed on a Friday night and a Saturday morning. The woman was still working on Monday morning and when we checked out had the nerve to confront one of us for not leaving her a tip. Over all, the place itself was nice, a little run down but ok for cabins. The beds were not good, the linens were in bad shape and the dishes all looked like they came from a thrift store but all of that would not have really mattered if the management and the cleanliness had been better. My advice, RUN the other way.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kwag6969
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This resort was adequate for our needs. The unit was very clean and the appliances are newer and nice. The view of the lake was amazing and there was very good fishing off their dock. Also, the unit had central heat/air - a big plus since it was 100 degrees every day of our stay. Unfortunately there were a couple of downsides that will make me think twice before I stay here again. 1st - the bed was rock hard. I never knew beds this hard existed. VERY uncomfortable. 2nd, the owner was NEVER around. If we had needed anything we had to call, which I really did not want to do. Our porch light was out but since he was never there we never got it fixed. Still, if what you want is a clean place for your family to stay and fish on the lake, this place is adequate.

Room Tip: Units 5 and 6 have the best views, but they are upstairs so if you can't climb stairs don't choose them.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lak63
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Recently stayed at Del Mar Resort, sister to the LakeShore Resort just a block down the road. We have stayed there the past three years.... Shame on us!!! Upon checking in, we rent the same cabins each year, we noticed the same problems expressed the previous year and NONE had been addressed. Broken light fixtures, No screen door, Shower had barely enough pressure to rinse your body off let alone wash yourself. The grass was tall when we arrived and was never cut the whole time we were there (8 days) so just walking down to the dock in the morning required a change of socks and shoes as they were soaked from walking through the dew filled foot long grass. We saw the staff maybe four times we were there and had to buy towels at WalMart so we had clean ones. The dock is in shambles as we've been told for the last three years that it would be fixed. Loose boards everywhere on the dock that my wife tripped on. Refrigerator barely works, microwave had glass plate in it that did not fit so as it rotated while running it clanked and made a god awful noise every time around. Plumbing backed up and we were accused of backing it up. The second to last day we were there the maid was going to clean our rooms as she thought we were checking out until my wife told her we were not checking out until the next day. Then to top it off, we went down to Lakeshore to pay for our stay and were told by Rodney that he did not have our bill ready and he would catch up with us later. That he did..... at 10:00 PM!!!!! We had just arrived home from a show on our last night there and he was at the cabin waiting for us to pay for the room. I don't have a problem with paying for the room but at 10:00.... come on!!!! For $85.00 a night, this is absolutely ridiculous and I will not stay there again and I recommend that anyone avoid this place if you are planning to visit Branson.

Room Tip: All rooms come with horrible service!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Donald H
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We came here on short notice and wanted a place to accommodate our large family on the lake so we could fish. On first glance, the place appeared in disrepair and run down but quaint- when we started to go to bed, things started getting more and more gross. My son was going to sleep on the pull out couch. When he pulled it out, a bunch of popcorn fell out. There were no blankets to be found and no pillows for him. I gave him one of mine. I crawled in bed and noticed a large stain on the wall that apparently used to be wet because it had run down the wall. On the box springs was a chunk of dirt and when I put my head on my pillow, it smelled to high heaven. Gross!
It's too late for us to get another place and now I see why they were not booked. We definitely learned our lesson.

• Stayed: October 2011