Compton Ridge Campground and Lodge
$68
Best Western Center Pointe Inn(Branson)(Great Value!)
$95
$105
  • Pool
Quality Inn Branson W 76 Central(Branson)(Great Value!)
$70
Savannah House Hotel(Branson)(Great Value!)
$94
Welk Resort Branson(Branson)(Great Value!)
$99
$217
  • Restaurant
$214
$227
$229
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 30, 2008

We have camped at Compton Ridge with Sims Family for 10 years. It was excellent. When the new corporate owners bought the Sims family out everything changed immediately. We were there when the change took place. Rudeness from employees was unbelievable. The people running the campground have little knowledge about campgrounds or RVs. They also have very little knowledge about the maintenance of a swimming pool. I guess when it comes down to it it is more important for corporate to make money than for customers to be satisfied. Luckily in Branson there are campgrounds that are friendly, affordable, and make you feel at home just as the Sims family did. Heartbreaking as it is we will not camp here again!

3  Thank OklahomaPopup
Reviewed May 20, 2008

We spent 2 nights in a tent at the Compton Ridge Campground, and everything was excellent. I was a little concerned after reading the reviews, as we usually stay across the street at the Wilderness. We could not have been more pleased. The staff was very friendly. The campground is well taken care of, and offers many amenities. The outdoor pools were not open yet, and we didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked very inviting! I especially liked the covered kitchen decks on each site. The bathrooms were clean. The showers are a little cramped, but that is normal at a campground. I have never figured out why the showerheads at campgrounds are only about 4 feet high!! The place is huge, and it is kind of confusing finding your way around at first. The tent areas weren't to busy, so it was very quiet. Except for the usual rude people who allow their dogs to bark for hours. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 18, 2008

My family and I have been going to this campground since I was just a few months old, I am now 24. The Sims family was my family, and when I had my twins I told my mom I wanted them to have the same experiences I had. The first two times we took the girls down there the Sims family still owened the campground. They treated me and my family like one of their own. You could always count on seeing smilling faces, and warm hearts everytime you entered the campground. Anything you needed or even things you didn't need they were willing to help you in any way they could, and if they couldn't help you they would find someone that could. Every member of the Sims family new you by name and treated you with respect.

The new owners are just the opposite. You can't count on much out of this bunch, but the one thing you can count on is they are not the Sims family. You never want to count on friendly service, warm hearts, and a good attitude. I very seldom seen any of them smile. And don't expect them to offer to help you in anyway shape or form. It is hard enough to get them to help you when they are asked. The facilities are not as clean as they used to be. The indoor pool last time I was there was cold and the roof was missing (some indoor pool). I WILL NEVER go back to this campground to save my life, and I WILL NEVER recomend it to anyone at least not anymore. If you choose to go I hope you have a better outcome then I did with my family.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank racyreeny
Reviewed May 14, 2008

We have camped at this park for many years. After the way the new owners treated us we will not be back. Their slogan is "Where the campers come first". This was true when the Sims family owned the park. The new owners need help on customer service. We will not be back or recommend this park.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JenKansas
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We have stayed at the campground for the past 8 years. We have a small RV that only sleeps 2 people. We have always put up a small tent for our grandchild right outside our door. I called the other day to make reservations and they told me they don't allow that anymore. No explanation. Last year when I first met the new owners I thought they were very unfriendly and this one on the phone the other day fit that same description. I would have even paid extra for this. But it didn't seem to bother them to lose my business.

Stayed: May 2007