“Highly recommend”

Ranked #9 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My children and grandchildren stayed here with us on Memorial Day weekend for the first time. The location was great, walking distance to Tanger Mall. The breakfast was amazing, and the evening desserts were fun to look forward to. The indoor pool was so clean and had cute wall pictures. The grandsons loved it. The rooms were clean with new comfortable beds and flat screen tvs. High speed internet allowed my daughter to get some work done. We look forward to staying here again soon.

2 Thank maranantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
David City
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We visit Branson about four times a year. We stayed at the Camden in April and returned Memorial Day weekend with our children and grandchildren. Camden is a new property for this management, and is their fifth motel. We have stayed at each of them and find them all to be very clean and well managed. Camden is in the process of being updated and will soon have new carpet and furniture. It is a great location, and the breakfast and evening snacks can not be beat. The indoor pool was great for our grandchildren, and I appreciate the inside corridors and elevators.
The only negative I found was the female assistant manager who was unable to keep details straight and appeared to be quite unfriendly. I would recommend that she be assigned a job where she does not have to interact with guests.
Gary, the manager, and Kieth, the general manager, were both very accommodating and tried to make things the best possible for the guests. The breakfast room attendants were very nice and did an excellent job of keeping all the food replenished. There was an endless supply of Krispy Cream donuts!
We were very happy staying at this motel, and plan to stay there again when we return to Branson. We like to stay in a motel that is clean, well maintained, a good value, and has a friendly staff, so we will be returning to the Camden Hotel in the fall.

Room Tip: Any room would be great because of the elevators.
1 Thank Tom M
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Camden Hotel is an inexpensive option for lodging near the strip in Branson. The rooms are very plain, but the mattresses very comfortable and the sheets were fresh and comfortable. Standard hotel breakfast was made more special with the addition of Krispie Kreme donuts. Late evening reception provides a nice snack after the shows.
Our room and the rooms of our family members were all in need of new carpeting as the carpet was dirty and frayed. Housekeeping was not quite detailed oriented as we found Dorito crumbs and a cigarette lighter under one of the bed skirts. Alarm clocks did not work, but evening staff was very cheerful about setting a wake-up call for us. Air conditioning did not work on the first day/night of our stay, but we mentioned it and were quite comfortable for the rest of the stay.
Up until the time I went to check out, I had weighed the pro's and con's and landed on judging that I would stay at this hotel again. However, at check-out, I was very disappointed in the customer service skills of the female assistant manager. I had noticed earlier in the morning that she had left an elderly couple standing at the desk for a while before finally dismissing them saying that she had already addressed their issue. The couple then pointed out that she still hadn't given them a key, which she then handed them and sent them on their way. I had hoped this was an isolated incident of "uninterested" customer service. But when I approached the desk later, she did not look up and did not acknowledge me until I spoke. She still didn't make eye contact with me, didn't ask about my stay, just pulled my slip and said that she had documented that I was extending my stay. I replied that only one of the three rooms was extending the stay and that the other two were checking out on time. I noted for her the room numbers of the two rooms leaving and the room number of the people who were staying additional days. She acknowledged what I had said, but still didn't look at me, didn't smile, didn't thank me.
Later that day, the party that had booked additional days called me to say that the desk had no idea they were staying additional days, and said that I had told the assistant manager that they were leaving today, as well.
It is one thing to be poorly organized, but to not accept responsibility for your mistakes and actually blame another guest when mistakes are made is really poor customer service. That coupled with the fact that the woman who was quick to point out that she was an assistant manager missed all the basics of good customer service: acknowledging the presence of a guest at the desk, smiling, asking how they can help, checking to make sure the guest is satisfied, and thanking the guest for their patronage, really soured my view of the hotel.
There are more hotel rooms in Branson than one can count, and I will try another hotel the next time I come to Branson.

3 Thank Nomad062_10
Sand Springs, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I booked a room via another trip website. Was happy about the price but not about the service. The girl at the front was not friendly at all. She had no idea what she was doing. Apparently it was only her second night by herself but I wouldn't put someone on overnights that was not completely aware of the job and duties. Finally got to our room and the key didn't work. Husband went back down and she came up with HER key and let us in. She then came back later with our keys. NO APOLOGIES at all. Also when we arrived there was a surringe in the parking lot. When we left it was still there. Very dangerous.

Room Tip: Train employees better. Maybe don't book people next to elevator unless its the last room avail...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Camden was ideal for our group. Many of us are retired and/or on limited incomes. It was easy on the budget and everything was provided on site through convention planners & services. The rooms were clean and the service was outstanding...comparable to a much more expensive accommodation. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful, from Gary at the desk to the crew that sat up the meeting rooms. Did I mention the meeting rooms? Clean, electronics worked nicely, quiet and arrangements on time and correct.

For those in our group with children, the hotel was very accommodating and the kids enjoyed their stay very much. The breakfast that went with the reservation was hearty, fresh and very popular. The dessert in the evening was nice to meet with small groups or one-on-one.

A really good value, whether just for a visit to Branson's attractions, or, like us, a reunion of old friends and comrades.

Room Tip: Don't know about the others, but my room on the second floor of the section (there were two sect...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Altoona, Iowa
Reviewed May 20, 2012

my stay of 3 nights at this hotel was great. the room was very clean and the breakfast was a nice treat as was the cobbler and ice cream & cookies that were served in the evening.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hayward, California
Reviewed May 5, 2012

If you really want the room and amenities that you contracted for, stay away from this hotel. Our card group contracted for rooms at a certain rate and the use of one meeting room w/ refrigerator, round tables for 10, tablecloths, etc. When individuals made room reservations, the hotel was familiar w/ our group name, the dates and room rate contracted for. However, when we showed up, they stated they had no contract for the meeting room and other amenities. The contract was presented to them but they refused to honor it. They would not allow use of the small room off their breakfast area stating they needed it for overflow. Their best offer was moving us to another of their properties at a reduced room rate with use of the public “breakfast/evening dessert” area at the 2nd property. At the 2nd property the common area was on the 2nd floor and bathroom on the 1st floor – no elevators which was a problem for those of us with bad knees; there were 3 round plastic tables that sat 4-5 people, 1 square 4 person table and a number of small 2-person tables that had to be pushed together; we had to buy a tablecloth to make a smooth top for card playing; the pool was empty (we could drive to the original property to use that pool – not very convenient to drive back wet!). We're all from out of state so they knew we weren't going to take them to court.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DoreneH_12
G2theEjr, Manager at Camden Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotels are to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's upsetting to learn that you are unhappy. Please accept our sincere apology.

Our properties are defined by the quality of service that we provide to our guests. Our success is measured by how our guests evaluated our services and facilities. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring.