Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge
$204
$187
  • Restaurant
Angel Inn - Near IMAX(Branson)(Great Value!)
$54
Savannah House Hotel(Branson)(Great Value!)
$94
Best Western Center Pointe Inn(Branson)(Great Value!)
$110
Hotel Grand Victorian(Branson)(Great Value!)
$96
$90
Travelocity
$145
  • Pool
Welk Resort Branson(Branson)(Great Value!)
$142
$99
$246
$227
Hilton.com
$284
$219
All reviewsbedroom villafire pitfull kitchenmarriott vacation clubcraft roomfree popcornwasher and dryerping pongoutdoor poolresort activitiestimeshare ownerstether ballshuffle boardgreat resorttime sharetop flooryellow route
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon arrival and check-in, we saw that the room is smaller than we thought. It was very comparable to a hotel room, but not as nice as we expected, based on our stay in the Las Vegas Marriott Vacation Club. We were also disappointed that there was no washer/dryer in the unit. The door to the hallway, is too close to the bed, so we did hear hallway noise, which was distracting to a good sleep. On the flip side, the grounds were nice and the staff was very helpful and accommodating. The activities are always nice, if you are free to attend. We got to do the wine and cheese right after we arrived, s’mores latter in the evening, two ice cream afternoons and two sessions of cards. This was our first and last time to Branson, it's not for us. But that's not because of the Willow Ridge.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim R
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Jim, thank you for your review! we are pleased you enjoyed your stay, but are sorry the villa was different than expected. Select villas do include a washer and dryer, with washer/dryer units also available to all guests in select areas. Thank you for your review and we do look forward to hearing about your next stay with Marriott Vacation Club!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed Sat 4/21/18 through Wed 4/25/18. Traveled with husband and his 75 year old mother. Hubby and I typically take our vacations out of the country, so planning a trip from OK to Branson only 5 ½ hours away was sure different! But we had a good time and enjoyed our stay here.

After conferring with friends, Marriott WR seemed to fit the bill for quality we were looking for on our first trip to Branson. My husband and I were bringing along his mother to celebrate her 75th birthday. We debated on 2 studio rooms, but after reviewing the helpful room maps/diagrams online, we realized the 2 bedroom villa would be better. And the idea of a full kitchen was great for morning breakfast.

This property worked great for us. It was clean, and a good quality for value overall and was in a great spot in town. We could easily get to the many different places we wanted to go for activities, attractions and shows. Still, I could not imagine this place in summer. I hate crowds and I’m sure I’d be overly annoyed with traffic. Sat/Sun was definitely more crowded than Mon/Tues. even before the early summer season kicks in.

Check in was quick even during peak time around 3:50 on a Saturday. I had requested a top floor ahead of time, and they were able to accommodate, which we greatly appreciated. We were in building 1, room 1507. It was toward the end, away from the elevators and looked out over the hot tub and pool areas. Pretty close to the main building. I was hoping for a quiet room and we most certainly got it. I had also advised the pre-arrival contact that it was my MIL’s 75th birthday. They left a souvenir cup on the kitchen counter when we first arrived that was filled with chocolates and a free DVD rental coupon which was a nice touch.

The villa was perfectly stocked. While the toilet paper was terribly rough, bad enough we went and bought some of our favorite brand instead, it had everything we needed without having to bring too much of our own supplies. Something as simple as a trial size of dish soap in the kitchen was great. We were only there 4 nights so this worked out great. The space was wonderful. It came in handy on two afternoons when we needed to relax a bit indoors from the rain. It was a nice modern look and the bathrooms were quite nice, even if the shower was just okay, seemed older. But sufficient water pressure so that’s good. Everything appeared clean and fresh.

Towels were fluffy and in good shape. Bedding all good. We slept rather well. The A/C and heat both worked great. I would say it may have been nice to have a hand towel ring in the bathroom, instead of just the one towel bar and one hook. Not enough when you have facial cloths, hand towels and body towels to hang. We never needed housekeeping so can’t speak to that, but the room was clean when we arrived. Good amount of storage throughout for even longer stays.

Activities – quite a few available, but with our short stay and other timed activities and shows, we were only able to participate in the Sat. evening s’mores at the fire pit, which was fun and yummy. They publish the schedule so check as I’m sure it varies by month.
Amenities – we didn’t use any of them, but noticed they had a decent fitness room, places for the kids’ activities and the “den” in the main building where some of the activities are hosted was quite nice.

Negatives:
There was an odd “old pipe” or not quite sewer smell in the closed off master bathroom. I don’t understand why there was a vent in the ceiling but no exhaust fan. I determined that the smell was coming from that vent. Just musty and old smelling. We taped up some pages from a magazine and tried to block it.
My MIL had to jiggle with the flusher handle on her toilet but nothing major.

I think you’d have to be REALLY picky to not be happy and comfortable here. I would rate it a 4 star (just because 5 star to me would include an onsite restaurant or café. I think they have snack bar during summer at the pool, but in off season, there wasn’t anything offered. The smell in the bathroom was a turnoff as well.)

Other notes about our visit:
Some may want to know what we did. We saw the Haygoods, Branson Belle, SIX and Samson at Sight and Sound. All were good shows, although I felt like the SIX show could have been longer. My favorite was the Haygoods but the Sight and sound offered the most impressive set and acting.
We did the Titanic attraction and played mini golf just at the entrance to the hotel called Pirates Cove.
We visited Top of the Rock (overpriced for the 2 miles of trail on the golf cart but it REALLY WAS PRETTY) and walked around the clubhouse area where the restaurants are located, but honestly, felt like we were looked down on a bit there. The clientele seemed stuffy. But it is pretty there for sure!

We tried Florentina’s just down the street for great Italian and tried Black Oak Grill in Branson Landing that I wouldn’t go back to because the service was horrible for lunchtime in down season. Food was fine, service was not up to par with price and the place kind of came across as dirty to me. Had breakfast one day at Farmhouse Restaurant downtown, it was pretty good and their homemade giant biscuits also good. Nothing fancy or over the top, just good basic breakfast foods. We ate at Bob Evans after checking out of our hotel and it took way too long for breakfast. The place wasn’t even busy.
Generally I was unimpressed by the shops downtown. Glad I wasn’t there to shop for anything but apple butter.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank KKJACKS

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at the resort and do look forward to your next stay at Willow Ridge Lodge.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is extremely clean, great views and plant for the whole family to do!
Too many amenities to list. I would highly recommend bringing the family.

The do not have a restaurant but the rooms have full kitchens with full size refrigerators
And a stove and over and dishwasher.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank 649jeanniel
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are happy you had a great visit! Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Willow Ridge Lodge!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am a Marriott timeshare owner so I traded in for a long weekend. I’ve got to say this was one of the quickest and efficient check in I’ve ever had. The property is set back way off the main road so it was very quiet and peaceful. The property is very compact do it is easy to walk around to everything. Very nice variety of pools: Adult, children, inside and hot tubs. In the main lobby they have a movie room with a 14’x16’ movie screen with a great sound system and popcorn to boot. Wasn’t there long enough to take advantage of everything. We only stayed in the hotel suite configuration but is was very comfortable and Marriott has done of the best beds and linens in the timeshare and hotel industry. Will definitely be back for another stay. Happy travels.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce L

Hi Bruce, thank you for your review of your recent stay! We are happy you enjoyed your time at Willow Ridge Lodge, enjoy the tranquility the resort provides. We hope to hear more about your travels with Marriott Vacation Club soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Branson for the first time in over twenty years and first time at the Willow Ridge Lodge, great place. I had recently read some were disappointed with the location but we had no issues at all.

To start, we stayed in Bldg 5, 4th floor. My brother is coming off some very major leg surgery but had no problem thanks to the elevator. The unit is a little smaller than most of the other Marriott VC properties but we don’t vacation to stay inside. The balcony off the living room had a great view of the pool and courtyard yet you were partially protected from view by the trees so you did have good privacy. Sitting on the balcony allowed for you to smell the fire pit when the lit them each night which added to the atmosphere.

There are indoor and outdoor pools as well as jacuzzis. No bar or restaurants on site but you are very close to plenty of places. They had a hot dog cookout and s’mores nights as well. Would like to visit sometime in tHe winter to see the place covered in snow.

Close by are 4 wine tasting rooms and 2 distilleries but expect to pay less for the product at the nearby stores.

Nearby for amusement choices were miniature golf, tours of the lake by WW2 Ducks, train rides, and go carts. I am not a fan of the whole hillbilly music gig so we didn’t do any of that.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Larryje25

Hi Larry, thank you for your review! We are happy to have welcomed you back to Branson and to hear your had a great visit with your family. We hope to see you again soon!