“This is an EXCELLENT hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive
Ranked #37 of 140 Hotels in Branson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pontiac, MO
“This is an EXCELLENT hotel!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you were to look at my Tripadvisor profile, you would note that I have made 65 contributions, have been in 261 cities, in 14 countries, and so can truly be considered a "world traveler." Generally, I only write reviews of facilities which are very good, or very poor, and believe me, I have been in many of both kinds, all over the world. The Holiday Inn express on Green Mountain drive certainly qualifies as one of the very good. It qualifies as excellent, in my opinion. Have stayed at this motel many, many times, and have reviewed it twice in the past. The whole experience at this hotel is good, from check-in to check-out. The desk staff is honestly glad to see you when you arrive. The rooms are clean, they are comfortable and reasonable in price. When folks start complaining about "runny gravy" and "code violations" you have to wonder if they are the type that would complain if they were to be hanged with a new rope! This hotel always offers a pleasant stay, the FREE breakfast is good and if you don't like it you have the option of eating elsewhere and paying for it. I do not once recall any of the staff forcing me to eat at their breakfast facility. The attendants at the breakfast area do a super job of keeping it stocked and clean. The pool area is much nicer than it used to be, now that it is enclosed and using a salt water system instead of the chlorine. There is ample parking, the grounds are clean and the location is great. You can get to the Branson Strip easily without having to be on it and put up with the associated traffic and noise. This last trip, we took two rooms, one for us and one for the wife's sister, who is a notorious hotel complainer. She had not one bad word to say about this hotel, which would definitely indicate the hotel is a good one. In the past 26 years, we have stayed at many Branson hotels, including some of the "high dollar" ones, and this Holiday Inn continues to be at the top of our list. They do an outstanding job, always! Once in awhile, they make a mistake, but if you don't make a mistake once in awhile, you aren't doing anything!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bushlamo
JSmith2581, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank You for your review...WOW, to see all the places you have seen in your travels...nice to see that you take the time to post reviews when you can.

I appreciate all your WONDERFUL observations of your visit to our hotel. Our staff takes great pride in trying to meet and exceed all your expectations and I can't wait to share your comments with each of them.

Our indoor pool, full-hot breakfast, and convenient location are indeed a plus when staying here...THANK YOU again for taking time out of your busy travel schedule to post your review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is my second time back at this hotel and to my pleasure, Michael checked me in and remembered me from my last stay, the reason I know he remembered me is because he asked if we were going back to Billy Bobs Dairyland that he suggested last time and we loved, loved, loved. Our room was clean and Cathy in the breakfast room did an awesome job keeping up with all the people. I found out they had sold out. Tonya was a great help in the ticket office and by her request, we went and saw AYO, a new show that is now one of our favorites. I can see why this hotel is so busy, because you are their family.

Room Tip: Ask for fifth floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JSmith2581, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
As a huge Elvis fan...I love seeing reviews come in from Memphis ! I appreciate the time you took to post your review as it clearly exemplifies the type of team members we look for when we staff our hotels. Michael, Cathy, and Tonya are three excellent team members who take great care of our guests and THANK YOU for commenting to that fact.

Having a show ticket office, right in our lobby, really does enhance the guest experience and I was happy to see that you took advantage of the convenience. Our great staff, hot breakfast and ticket service are only a few reasons we have a busy hotel...our indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center, and gameroom really round-out the rest of our amenities and I hope you were able to enjoy them all.

"Thank You...Thank You very much"...for posting this review...
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I read some bad reviews on this location from noisy air conditioner to small room, and other things. Then there were the good reviews from people who stayed here that probably live in a typical middle class home (for you rich folks, that means no butler or maids) like myself and can't afford to stay in the most luxurious motels. So I took a chance on this location, and boy am I glad I did. None of the above problems were noted. A/C was great....room was adequate size and very clean, great King Size bed, shower was awesome and my wife loved the vanity basin located just outside the main bathroom where she would "do her thing" while I did my thing to get ready to go to our shows. And now the best part......the morning Breakfast that was furnished on the 2nd floor each day. WOW....I forgot to get the lady's name that ran that every morning but man was she GREAT!!!! Never was a shortage of food like eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, and ALWAYS had pleanty of fresh coffee. My hat off to you young lady!!! I loved it!!!!! SO!!!!! Do I sound like I had a great experience....you bet and we are visiting Branson again next year and I will be staying at this same location. All of the staff, from the Desk folks to the people that cleaned the rooms were so friendly. Thank all of you for a wonderful and memorable stay....can't wait to see you NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor. It is much quiter on that floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
It is so refreshing to see that even though a negative review had been posted, you made a decision to come try us out for yourselves...and turned out you were glad you did...THANK YOU for taking the time to post your review of our hotel.

Cathy, our breakfast room attendant, does a wonderful job in taking care of all of our guests in the hotel, regardless of how busy we are, we consistently receive great comment cards regarding her service and the high quality of our breakfast. She will appreciate seeing that you recognized her.

We do share all comments, positive and negative, with all of our staff as we all believe it will help us to continue to improve and consistently deliver the level of service and quality you expect. The housekeeping and front desk staff will love to see that they took great care of you as well.

Thank You again for staying with us and posting this review...we look forward to seeing you again in the future when your travel plans bring you back to Branson.
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express is greatly located in the center of town off the strip. Had a wonderful experience from the moment we checked in and were greeted by front desk staff, Michael and Michelle who were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and cozy. Breakfast was fantastic with a spread of cinnamon rolls, pancakes, eggs, a meat(different each day we were there), biscuits and gravy and much more. Cathy the breakfast lady is super nice. The hotel had an indoor pool and jaccuzi which we enjoyed. The ticket ladies, Tonya and Sally were helpful in helping us decide on some shows and entertainment while we were here on vacation. Overall experience was you can't go wrong staying here. 100% great vacation....

Room Tip: This hotel has ground level on both 1st and 2nd floors of the hotel. 1st floor ground level by fron...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a glowing review of our hotel !
Our staff works hard to make your stay as perfect as we can, and although we don't always get it right, we do strive for excellence...your comments definitely validate all the hard work this staff performs on a daily basis.
Michael, Michelle, Cathy, Tonya, and Sally are all team-members that consistently perofrm at a dynamic level here at the hotel...thank you for taking time to mention them in your review. We will share your comments with the entire team and THANK YOU again for posting your review.
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Definately not up to par for Holiday Inn Express..left the room before 9 a.m and returned after 3:30 and our room was not cleaned. The first day we just spread up the bed ourselves and got some clean towels. The second day same thing..nothing cleaned by 3:45. Called the front desk who told us their priority was to clean the rooms of guests checking out that day. I guess they don't worry too much about the guests who are still staying there. This is the middle of tourist season; you would think they would have enough people on staff to do their housekeeping efficiently and quickly. Also, we were in a room on the end of the building and apparently there was a maintenance area right below us because they would start up what sounded like a generator at all hours. I thought a plane was landing outside. It made our bed vibrate and it happened twice in the middle of the night and would go on for several minutes. There was also no fruit in the breakfast room. Really???? Next time I am going to Hampton Inn.

1 Thank 2BluesFans1012
JSmith2581, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your comments, I do apologize for the issues you encountered.

Our housekeeping department works until 6:00pm most days this time of year, and it is not uncommon to have a room to not get serviced until after 3pm. We would have been happy to clean your room earlier in the day had it been requested. We do try to honor all requests for service to our inhouse guests, as well as our guests arriving each day, as you are all improtant to us.

I am sorry that there was some noise that came through our mechanical room for the fire suppression system near your room which caused the disturbance and unfortunately it does happen occasionally in order for the system to operate properly so that the safety of our guests remains top priority.

I want to thank you again for taking time to post a review as your comments will help us improve our staff and services here at the hotel.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 15, 2013

**This review was posted previously. It was taken down after I questioned other reviews. I did not mean to do that. I just note several problems that were not noted in others. Especially since I relied on tripadvisor for this recommendation. I am glad to note other reviews are now appearing similar to this one. Here is my edited review:
Just checked in. 1st impression was "icky." Beginning of Long July 4th weekend and other hotels are booked or we would leave. I am trapped here in room 521 July 3, 4, and 5! Definitely not nicer than our own middle class home. No one we spoke to the next morning during breakfast was happy with there room. Buyer beware. I do note several problems below which are not mentioned in any of the reviews with higher ratings. Some of which I believe are safety related. I emailed code-enforcement. Hopefully, they have taken action and some of this is corrected. First, I must say the hourly paid employees of the hotel are nice. Breakfast was decent. And overflow was directed to eat by the now enclosed pool. (there is no outdoor pool as featured in some photos). At breakfast, the gravy seemed runny. I personally prefer a thicker gravy. But, that is minor. The design of the breakfast are could be better. The juice section is stuck in a tight corner space behind/between the hot food stations. Hard to describe. Other reviewers do a better job. But, with a slight crowd, you are asking someone using the toaster to move so you can get to the juice. Would be better to have it away from the hot food area. Perhaps by the coffee?
Now to the our room:
1. Which room is ours??? Looking for room 521. Numbering is not in order. Tip: pay attention to whether your number is odd or even and stick to that side of the hall.
2. Wow, the rooms are small. There is not enough room for two adults to comfortably unpack. Two super small sinks. One inside the bathroom. Identical size directly outside bathroom. And they call this the executive level. We actually moved a room chair into the open closet behind the outside sink so we would have a place to put my Dop bag and when I was done, her makeup bag.
3. This is an older building with a fresh coat of paint, newer furniture, and switch plates. The switch plates were changed but they failed to change the sockets or switches and they are disgusting. See pictures. The room is poorly designed. I bet this was NOT a Holiday Inn originally. Opened the welcome book and it is franchised by Myers Hotels.
4.There is dirt on the baseboards and YIKES, there's a spider. Took a pic of that.
5. Now, to try to use the plugins in the lamp bases to charge my phone. Uh oh, the holes are too big! I found an outlet by one of the two super small sink which also has the hair dryer plugged into it. Umm how did this pass an electrical inspection? There is a visible gap surrounding the faceplate of the docket. Got a pic of that too. One splash and I or my phone is fried. Tomorrow I'm looking for bedding elsewhere.
6. Couldn't find a room elsewhere. Got stuck here and noticed two more problems: first, the newish a/c control in the wall is NOT connected to the AC. Had to operate with controls on the air condititioner.
7. Another electrical problem discovered: the socket behind the middle night stand is NOT attached to the wall. IT MOVES. I unplugged the clock and plugged my phone into it since the lamps sockets don't work with phone chargers. Moving wires can lead to fires. This has to be a dangerous code violation. (I did contact code enforcement for the Branson area to report this.)
8. Also a dangerous fire sutuation occurred. One night someone's toilet overflowed on a lower level. I think it was early morning July 5th. The water ran into the elevator and shorted out the fire alarm. We overheard the next day that the hotel was evacuated. Funny, we were in room 521 and never heard the alarm go off. The next day, two hotel employees were testing it and I could hear it in the room. But the person in the bathroom couldn't. Ugh!
This is NOT a hotel I recommend. Nor is it a place I would stay in again (even for free). If you book this, do not do as I did. Do not book on a crowded night. Give yourself leeway to move to a different building if necessary.

Room Tip: Pay attention to room number of odd or even. The rooms are not sequential. If your room is odd, ju...
3 Thank Jocolli
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Jocolli,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review of our hotel regarding your stay. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

It is disappointing to read that your experience didn't live up to your expectations and there were several factors that impacted your visit. I humbly offer an apology for the poor experience and service issues you had and deeply regret the dissatisfaction and discomfort you have encountered with our amenities.

Again, I am truly sorry for the shortfalls during your stay. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the weekend. We've been waiting all day to have our room cleaned by the staff but gave up and requested new towels from the front desk and made the beds ourselves at four pm. Definitely not up to Holiday Inn Express standards, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Samleigh13
JSmith2581, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Branson - Green Mountain Drive, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your review.

I do apologize that our housekeeping did not get to your room until later in the day. I'm sure you can understand with so many visitors in Branson over the weekend, how it can delay normal operating at times. I do thank you though for being patient with us and I did speak with housekeeping to let them know your concerns and we will work hard to improve.

After reading your comments, it appears that the rest of your stay with us went well and we hope that you were able to enjoy some of our great amenities like our indoor pool/hot tub, fitness center, gameroom, free-hot breakfast, and our inhouse show ticket service, located right in our lobby.

Thank you again for posting your review!