“Bored to death!”

Ranked #26 of 43 Tours in Branson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bored to death!”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

what a sad ghost tour! i have been on a few in other states and they were far better than this waste of time. i mildly enjoyed the history lesson but it was not worth the funds paid or time lost. i was more scared of being mugged in a dark alley then of a ghost. we left tour early and enjoyed a fantastic carriage ride with lovely trick horse tiger. ..thumbs up for the horse kisses and kind driver. look for a handsome black horse and cowboy hat driver who faintly resembles kenny rogers for a great ride. the ghost tour needs to have life breathed back into it...there are ghosts but even they are bored with this tour. i do however feel bad i forgot to tip and i never do that. the guide was nice and i have no complaints with her.....

2 Thank igiddyup

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst ghost tour I've ever taken - orbs aren't ghosts”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I've been on many ghost walking tours in the US and Europe and this was by far the worst I've ever been on. I should have known when I called to make reservations and was told they guarantee paranormal photos. Since ghosts aren't trained to appear on command, this can only be done if they either have a fake ghost set up at some point on the tour or if they don't know "orbs" in photos are dust. The latter was the case.

The first thing they told us all was that we must have a camera with flash to see the "ghosts". That's because the dust needs light to create the orb effect. The three or so block tour, which took us up back alleys to look at the ugly side of mostly modern buildings, would have taken less than 30 minutes if we didn't stand around for ten or twenty minutes to look at the binder the guide carried around of pictures of dust catching the light of camera flashes at each "haunted" site. This standing around dragged it out from the promised 90 minutes to two hours . At every stop, the guide, who spoke in a monotonous, bored tone did her spiel, walked around with the binder showing their unimpressive prized photos, continually asking if anyone "got anything". Nobody got anything but "orbs", which have been scientifically proven to be merely floating dust catching the light. Not surprisingly almost everyone got pictures with dust, since we were walking up gravel roads, dirty parking lots, and often people were told to photograph in the direction of the main road where there was heavy traffic. Walk into any dusty or disused room in your home, take a flash photo in the dark, and you'll get the same types of photos you get on this haunted tour. There was another photo in the binder from one of the visitors which showed a large, head-shaped shadow over a large group of tourists, which for some reason nobody thought could have been a shadow of one of the tourists head. Not surprised by the quality as this ghost tour is part of a chain business with four other locations.

The guide encouraged us at one point to knock on and listen to a basement door over which there were clearly people living, though she claimed to not know if anyone even lived there, and no surprise when people heard noises coming "from the basement". If they really don't know if anyone lives there, they aren't doing their research and the tour people need to realize they may be upsetting the residents by bringing tours by every thirty minutes each night and having them gather around their porch; that's very rude and unprofessional to not even know.

Some of the history was interesting but I'm sure I could have found the same information with some internet research, and the presentation was very poor. All the bad shadow and orb pictures might have been made up for if the guide told the stories in an engaging way. It was more like listening to a teacher who's been teaching too long, reading from a dull book. I would have been laughing if I didn't feel so ripped off. Don't waste your money. This tour will not impress anyone experienced in paranormal investigation or these types of tours.

Visited October 2011
4 Thank Ash S
Branson, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awful..Terrible..Disappointing..Waste of Money”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I did the tour after reading the website we thought it would be something interesting to do. We both like history and stories of the "unexplained" so we thought it would be right up our alley. I bought tickets thru a ticket agency and was told to be there by 8:30. We went and picked up our tickets from the ticket agency and then headed over to the tour a little before 8:30. I went in and gave them my name and they tried to charge me. I told them I already paid and they said no that was just to hold your tickets...I had to give them my confirmation letter from the ticket agency AND my credit card receipt to prove that I prepaid and they kept them. Then we were told to be back by 9. The tour was awful instead of a leisurely stroll thru downtown Branson, to view the old theater, the cemetery etc. It was literally walking down back alleys, looking at the backs of old buildings, looking at a slab of concrete foundation, stopping in random parking lots so the guide could give us instruction or tell us about the history of the building which the actual number of buildings which we were told have bloody histories and therefore "unexplained" incidents were may six , the cemetery---yeah you stand outside a fence and look in to a brightly lit area----the music blaring from the concert down on the landing was really the only enjoyable thing about this tour. the Branson Ghost and Haunts tour + 90 minutes + $40 bucks = a RIP OFF which you SUFFER thru because you paid and then are EXPECTED TO TIP THE GUIDE (you are given an envelope when you get your ticket that is for telling the guide a job well done--by giving them more money).

Visited September 2011
4 Thank moredhead82
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Worst Tour Ever We was Reffered By Anthor Ghost Hunting Tour Group In St.louis Missour”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Well we was on vaction and we stoped in st.louis and did a tour with the st.louis ghost hunter and he told us to take this tour in branson called Branson ghost tour.
We Took it the staff was rude and not helpful when asked question's So we will not go back to this tour again. They was also Hatefull when we told them we was refferd by 2 ghost hunting groups one in st.louis and one in springfiled. So with the staff being hateful it was a good tour got some good parnormal.

Visited August 2011
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great fun”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We all had allot of fun even though im not into the ghost thing it was worth it for the history of the town. my wife did get some great pics and it was a great way to pass some free time.

Visited March 2011