“Trail #1 is a real adventure”

Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area
Ranked #60 of 172 things to do in Branson
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Most of what everyone has said about the hike is very true. My hiking experiences are limited but this one trail holds beautiful views and many interesting outcroppings of rock all along the trail. Once you hike pass the "waterfall" at the trail end, the trail actually continues with narrow paths and several more caves. We met three young men hiking who were very familiar with the trail and said their friends will park a car at Alexander Park (I do not know where this is) and hike all the way to the end, then drive back to pick up their car at the trailhead. I thought this might be helpful because, if accurate, you would then not have to hike back up those 312 heartstopping steps. We really enjoyed this hike and the history behind it.

2  Thank Bette S

Reviewed March 7, 2013

A friend and I walked trail 1. Loved the great scenery it kept you in awe all the way through the trail.On the trail you will see a old house and barn, that you can walk around(but can not go in,but I hear Branson is planning on opening it up to the public soon)the steps are a work of art. You will see a few caves and where a waterfall is when its wet weather. We are planning on going back and walking tail 2.

1  Thank 179JerriM
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I hiked trail 1 today and what great scenery. trail 1 leads you to a lookout where you can see
Lake taneycomo. wish I had my camera!! what wonderful scenery. It also goes to some rock steps which I didnt do.

I started to do trail 2 but had to go. will do that one soon.
make sure you bring a camera you will not be dissapointed, but be careful.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I found out about this trail through Trip Advisor. If you don't know about it, you would probably miss it. We hiked the blue trail (with the stairs) and it was beautiful and oh, so quiet. It was Sunday morning, and we could only hear the sounds of the woods until we heard the faint sounds of the church bells ringing. We didn't have much time, so we only did this trail. We will definitely go back and hike the other trails.

11  Thank rkp546
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Trail # 1 has it all - gentle, flat, wide trails through the woods, lovely views of the lake and countryside, strenuous climb down and back up on rock stairs built in the 1930's. The old homestead house is still there, boarded up. Would have been nice to have a historical marker sharing the story of the property - who built the house, their role in the community, how city of Branson became owner of the property, etc, etc. . .

5  Thank WinchesterCouple