“Many photo opps”

Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I only covered the upper part of the first trail but what we did cover provided many opportunities for gorgeous fall pictures. I have posted some of the pictures. The trail was easy to follow and looked out over the gorge. If I had had more time I would have liked to hike much more of the trails.

There are newer reviews for Ruth and Paul Henning Conservation Area

Reviewed July 15, 2012

walked most of the trails in one day about 6 plus miles,uniquely beautiful which only MO can deliver. If we weren't in the middle of this drought, it would have gotten 5 stars. The long trail had great river beds and huge depressions which would be great with water flowing. At 56 with a bad knee, I cannot call the hike difficult but I guess that is a guideline of which to judge the other trails by. Bring water.

1  Thank Joseph Z
Reviewed March 17, 2012

This is a great series of trails, not far out from Branson; shady for the most part, once the trees are in bloom. The ascent/descent were gradual and pleasant to hike; we'd have gone much further but had ended up there unexpectedly without water and weren't prepared for long hiking on a warm muggy spring day. We wish we had discovered it days before. There are trails for any ability level of time interest, and nice views. It would be even prettier once the trees are fully in bloom.

1  Thank Kathleen J
Reviewed January 30, 2012

There are several trails through the CA that wind around for miles.

1  Thank SL592
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife and I hiked a couple of trails. The first trail is a 0.5 mile loop that is paved with some moderate slopes. There is a 30’ tower that you can ascend to look over the town of Branson. Even though it is paved, it would be very difficult for a person in a wheelchair. The only restroom smelled pretty bad from about 30’ away – ladies will want to use the restroom before arriving on the site. If you have to use the restroom, it is not far from the turn-in off of the highway.

The other trails are joined and are either gravel or rock terrain. We hiked the red (1.5 miles) and yellow (0.4 mile) trails. There are moderate grades to part of these trails as you descend and ascend the side of a rocky hill. We saw several lizards along the way, but no other wildlife. Certainly use bug repellent if you plan to hike any of the trails.

4  Thank AlphaRam