“Off the beaten path...”

Ranked #48 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Off the beaten path...”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The Barrington is a little hard to find, but it is also a nice quite location. We had booked our trip as a package, and so this hotel was centrally located to the shows and attractions we wanted to see. Our room was very clean, and located near the dining room which was on the third floor. The hot breakfast was great and the people were friendly and helpful. I would not hesitate about booking a return visit to the Barrington Hotel.

Room Tip: Dining room is on the third floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MieMieK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was EXTREMELY excited about this trip, including the hotel. This was my first time staying at the Barrington, and I probably won't be back unless the price drastically changes.
The hotel was hard to find, for starters. It's quite a ways away from everything we planned on doing. We booked through the Branson Travel Office, so we weren't fully aware of just how far away it is. We had a dog traveling with us to it felt like we were constantly driving across town to check on her, taking time away from fun we could have been having on The Strip or The Landing.
There was a large childrens' baseball team staying here the first night of our stay. This is something the hotel couldn't control, I realize. But this made our experience get the 3 star. Their parents were gathered smoking and drinking outside of the side entrance that we used to get to our room after we checked in. It felt very weird to have to walk through that crowd. And they were there multiple times all night! The baseball team was at the pool most of the time, I got all ready to swim but was not able to, do to there being literally NO room in the pool, or hot tub. Breakfast was EXTREMELY crowded. The women working the breakfast were very hard-working and pleasant.
This hotel was not very affordable, so I suppose I expected a bit more. Everything was very mediocre. We did get to use the workout room, though. That was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Abbi D
Odessa, Missouri
Reviewed June 2, 2014

While the staff are very nice, and this is in a nice quiet location I found the experience lacking. This was our 25 anniversary so we splurged and rented the king with the Jacuzzi, while I have stayed here before I was disappointed this time with cleanliness of he room. The tub and show was stained and need a good scrubbing, there were suspicious whitish stains on the couch next to the Jacuzzi, "yuck" and other stains on the chairs at the desk. while the sheets seemed clean and smelled fresh I felt a personal need to clean the tub and Jacuzzi before using them. Someone needs to teach housekeeping how to clean properly, This room was priced quite a bit higher than the rooms we stayed in the last time with more people. I did inform the desk and I'm not sure that this will receive anymore then lip service. Not sure about renting a room here again.

Room Tip: call ahead personally and talk about expectations with the hotel, I booked with a discounting sight...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheryl G
wichita kansas
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is just off Shepherd of the Hills, turn off near oil lube place. Not on the strip but a few minutes you can be anywhere.
They do lock the side doors after 10 pm so coming in late after a show or grabbing a bite, you will have to go through the front door. Also be on time for breakfast as the attendants will close and lock the doors (on third floor) about 5-10 minutes before breakfast ends.
Pretty up to date and clean minus the bed spread (just not a thing anymore in hotel industry). Room has a fridge but no microwave. Hotel like most in Branson is built on a hill so we were the second floor but our window overlooked cars parked outside so seemed like 1st floor. We did get woken up by a Harley early one morning.
My wife left her robe in the room and it took several calls to get them to send it back. We look forward to getting it back.

Room Tip: They have either rooms with two queens or suites
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank dougf74
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Very nice place to stay/ staff friendly & helpful/ busy place/ lots of bus tour business/great breakfast/ ladies do a great job but busy in mornings/not sure why breakfast is served on 3rd floor but not a problem with elavators nice spacious rooms/ a little off beaten path but not hard to find.

Room Tip: found it helpful to buy tickets to shows at motel/no higher & cheaper in some cases cause tax wa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Walker, Louisiana
Reviewed May 29, 2014

It was a very good experience staying at this hotel. We had three rooms for five nights. The staff was very friendly at every contact. The only negative and it really isn't too terribly bad is that if you got to breakfast near the end you did not have much to choose from. Don't get me wrong if you advertise free breakfast and set a time you aught to be able to get the same fresh choices as everyone else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Donald A
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Branson at least six times. This was the best hotel that we have stayed at. Out of the six this one is a keeper. I don't want to go anywhere else. The staff was awesome and the breakfast was great. They actually had enough didn't have to race up to find they were out. I took my family of 9 and they were plenty of other things for them my kids enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family