“Excellent Value - towards east end of Red Route”

Barrington Hotel & Suites
Ranked #51 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Kansas City, Missouri
“Excellent Value - towards east end of Red Route”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Made reservation online only about 13 hours prior to arrival so was happy when all was in order when I arrived. Not a busy day so I was able to check-in and get a room a little early. Everything we needed for one night. Friendly staff; clean/quiet room, working wifi, large indoor pool/hot tub open until 11 PM. Room was well maintained; furniture/carpet in good shape and not worn out like you sometimes see. Breakfast was fresh and a good selection....presented well and the breakfast room was kept clean. If looking in this price range, I would definitely recommend. Hint: if you have a few minutes, shop around. I found a $20 price difference when comparing different online sites. Hint2: My GPS took me west of the turn off of Shepard of the Hills; on the second try, I saw the sign but the building itself sits a half block south of Expressway. Once you find it, no problem but you might miss the sign/turn on the first pass.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer T, Director of Sales at Barrington Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Steve, Thank you for your review! Glad you found us. GPS in Branson doesn't always work. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us at The Barrington Hotel & Suites. We hope to see you next time you are in Branson.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Marthasville, Missouri
Reviewed December 20, 2013

A friend planned her son's "Alive Day" celebration here and we got a group rate since we had so many rooms booked. The staff was excellent, rooms were comfortable and the location was perfect. It's just outside the main strip, so there's less traffic and quieter. But, it's close enough to enjoy all of the sites. We enjoyed the Veteran's Day weekend here and Branson has the best festivities in the entire country!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is where we stayed and it was perfect. Go first floor if you want to be near the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Angela, Thank you for your review and staying with us while in Branson. Both are greatly appreciated! It was great talking to you and meeting Dennis. We hope to see you next time you are in Branson!

Mountain View, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The rooms are very nice, however we had a snowstorm come in so we decided to get there a day early to beat the bad weather. We had booked online and received a discount with expedia, when i called the hotel to let them know we would arrive early, they said to book through expedia to get the same discount, so i called and expedia personnel was in a different time zone so couldn't do the booking online for us, so personally called the hotel and hotel refused to extend the discount stating time zone difference as problem......we got charged double the rate of our other 2 nights. I thought that was very rude considering we were already dealing with a bad weather situation and felt gouged.

Room Tip: hotel has been remodeled...one stay i got a room that had not been, i'm not sure if all rooms ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer T, Director of Sales at Barrington Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Cindy, thank you for staying with us at The Barrington Hotel & Suites and for your review. Both are greatly appreciated! I apologize for the confusion when booking your additional night with us. I will address this issue with the front desk staff. Please let us make up for the inconvenience the next time you are in Branson. Call me directly 417-334-8866 and ask for Jennifer.

Best regards
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed November 18, 2013

i had a reservation that I made at this hotel in april for a stay in November. I had made it and paid for it through expedia. the day before we were to arrive I got a phone call telling me that they didn't have a room for me, that they were full with busses coming in. they wanted to put me someplace else which wasn't satisfactory to me due to outdoor entrances. they blamed it on expedia but I have a hard time understanding how they can cancel a reservation that was made six months in advance. Expedia was very helpful and found us another place on very short notice, which was very nice and very accommodating. I can't comment on their on site service since my reservation was cancelled.

Room Tip: no rooms available even when making reservation six months in advance!!!
Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer T, Director of Sales at Barrington Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Bernadine, We are extremely sorry we were not able to accomodate you while in Branson. We understand your frustration. This was in no way failure on Expedia. We take full responsibility. We are happy Expedia was able to find you accomodations.

Paris, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was my first stay in Branson. The hotel staff very helpful and the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. Centrally located yet away from hustle & bustle of downtown. Great location with easy access to all attractions. Breakfast was SAME (and limited) every morning with overcrowding in the 3rd floor suite where b'fast was served. Coffee from McDonalds - or any gas station for that matter - would have been better than what the hotel offered.

Room Tip: Rooms on front of the facility have a better view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cyndi559
Jennifer T, Director of Sales at Barrington Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Cyndi, Thank you for staying with us and for your review. Both are greatly appreciated! My apologies for your breakfast experience. We do have a wide variety of breakfast items. I will bring your concerns to my managers attention. We hope you will think of The Barrington Hotel & Suites the next time you are in Branson!

Ava, Illinois
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was our first time to stay at this hotel. Very clean hotel. Good beds. Very quite place to stay.
Don't be afraid to ask very friendly staff for any of your needs they will be happy to help you. The breakfast had something to please all hot or cold very good start for your day. Won't think twice about staying here the next time we our in Branson,Mo.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sandra, Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review. Both are greatly appreciated! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Branson.

Crestwood, Missouri
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was the first time I stayed at the hotel. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was very good. The staff was friendly and professional. The view out my window was a wall, but I wasn't there for sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer T, Director of Sales at Barrington Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Jim R, thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Barrington Hotel & Suites and for your review. Both are greatly appreciated! We hope to see you next time you are in Branson.

Best regards