“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Clinton, Arkansas
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We and our family has stayed at the Radisson Hotel Branson several times now. One of the staff helped me provide a night for our daughter and S-n-L for the first night of their honeymoon. Turned out great even though they arrived late. My wife and I received an upgrade to a suite, ninth floor, for our 37 anniversary last year, that was great. The staff is very proficient and friendly except for the few that speak broken English, embarrassed I think. We have use the pool, exercise room, and hot tub and that was good. My only complaint is that TOO many people now know about this high quality hotel in the heart of Branson.

Room Tip: If you are a member of the Carlson club, you often receive a free upgrade at no charge, determined b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am pleased to hear so enjoyed your stay so much! I hope you had a fantastic anniversary! We love to celebrate special occasions with our guests and provide complimentary upgrades whenever possible. We hope we will see you again on your next trip to Branson!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I had been told by the booking agent the the hotel had been refurbished. The price was higher than any other place we stayed, so I expected a nicer room.Check in was great. Our room had NOT been remodeled. The bathroom was TINY. It's a good thing we are not big people. On the second day, late in the afternoon I opened the curtains myself. I looked down and the a/c was covered with black mold, greasy fingerprints and food crumbs...gross! We had tickets to a show and had to leave. We were exhausted and went to sleep When we got in late. I showed a picture to the receptionist who said she would get the manager. She came back alone, mumbled a lame apology and that was it. Nothing about the manager not being available. My daughter has health issues and can't be around molds. We just checked out and left. We cut our vacation short by over a week because she felt so ill. They also don't offer any cereal for a gluten free breakfast. Same as most other places.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns with your stay. I am terribly sorry we did not exceed your expectations, and that our staff did not politely take care of this issue. Although issues like this are extremely rare, I want you to know I take them very seriously. Living in an extremely humid environment often invites things like mold, and we take every precaution necessary to avoid it. We have a preventative maintenance program which includes a thorough cleaning of air conditioner units regularly. I will dispatch our engineering team immediately to check the room you stayed in to ensure its cleanliness. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I do hope you will give us another chance to win your loyalty.
Hartman, AR
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay! The staff was exceptionally friendly and very accommodating. Our room was nice, and had one of the most comfortable mattress/pillows of any hotel we've stayed at! It is in a perfect location just off the strip, and is easy to get in and out of. It has a nice pool area (our kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool!), but both times we were down there it was not clean and there were maybe 3 towels out. Overall stay was great...we will be staying here again!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for highlighting some of the reasons why we are the best choice for lodging in Branson. We do have the friendliest associates in town that will do whatever it takes to make our guests happy! We also have the best location in town, being right in the midst of so many attractions and the main strip, yet with easy access to the alternate routes. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Branson!
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We recently spent 4 days in Brandon. We stayed at the Radisson. The location and service was excellent. It is centrally located just off highway 76. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind review and for staying with us! We can't wait to see you again next time you are in the area!
Buffalo, Missouri, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We wanted to try Sleep Number beds. So, we booked a double bed so each of us could try it independently. We wanted too give them a whirl because we are considering a new mattress.

Clean, professional, quiet, great bedding and pillows. Parking is a little inconvenient, but all of Branson parking is awful--on hills and inclines.

The elevators are a bit packed in the mornings and it is hard to get down.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience! I am please to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You can always count on us to provide you with the clean rooms and excellent service you have come to expect!
St Louis
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We recently stayed on the 4th floor of the Radisson. Our room was a bit far from the elevator but we didn't mind as we barely heard any noise from the neighboring rooms or the hallway. The room was also pretty spacious and was on the same side as the hotel's front entrance.
Bed: We had a Sleep Number bed which is apparently one of those things you either love or hate. My husband loved it. My side didn't adjust very well so I had a choice between very hard or sleep-in-a-hole. I felt like I was in a water bed. It wasn't terrible but I think we'd choose a regular mattress in the future.
Bathroom: As others have mentioned, the bathroom is a tight space. It was clean and had decent toiletries. We both have sensitive skin and neither of us broke out or had a reaction to soaps, shampoos, etc. Shower was easy to adjust. However, there was a large safety shower handle that was in a weird place. It was hanging vertically at just the right height and location and I bumped my forehead on it (left a decent size bump and small bruise). The worst part was when I found 2 bugs on the bathroom floor after my shower. Not sure exactly what they were but my first thought was earwigs (still not sure, although I don't think I want to know!). Thought we got them all but then again later that night, I found another one. I'm not sure if they came from the pipes or because it was warmer and humid in the bathroom. We didn't see them anywhere else in the room, but we did see them in the area surrounding the hotel. Could just be the hotel's location.
Breakfast: Please be advised that while breakfast is offered at this hotel, it is not included. We didn't try the breakfast as we brought along cereal bars and fruit.
All in all, we've stayed at many hotels and if we were to compare them all, this one comes out to be somewhere right in the middle. We'd likely choose a different hotel on a future visit to Branson.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your stay with us. As you stated, some people love Sleep Number beds, while some prefer pillow top mattresses. We do have both types to ensure we have something for everyone! Summertime in the Ozarks are great, except the amount of bugs everywhere. We do have a first rate pest control system in place to fend off those critters! Being a full service hotel, we do not offer a free breakfast but we do have our on-site restaurant and lounge which serves up one of the best buffets in town. Thank you again for staying with us and I do hope you will give us another chance to win your loyalty.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I travel all over the world for business and sometimes for vacations. Most of the properties I stay in are fine but this Radisson property in Branson was by far one of the best experiences I've had in some time. Although the property itself was clean and accommodated our needs very nicely, it was the professional and friendly staff that really made this stay exceptional. It was very comforting that each and every contact we made with the employees of this establishment regardless of the job responsibility or level was friendly and helpful beyond our expectations. We stayed for 8 days and we never had any interaction less than extraordinary even when seeing the same faces day after day. This shows incredible management that makes it enjoyable for the staff to remain positive and happy. Ultimately making it so wonderfully pleasant for us as guests. When choosing a location in Branson, I would highly recommend giving this property strong consideration as it was one of the most pleasant and accommodating experiences we've had in a long time. I hope the management will give all the staff a great big pat on the back for a continuous job well done. Thanks to all at this Radisson location from our entire family.

Room Tip: The top floor has key card only access which we appreciated from both a limited access and security...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review! We do have amazing associates and I am glad you took the time to recognize them! We are glad you chose to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!