“very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vinita, Oklahoma
“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel accomodations were very nice. This hotel is just off the strip. It was very close to all the attractions but was also far enough away to be very quiet. Not always an easy combination to get. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We stayed two nights and had no complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding our property. I was pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! We are in a perfect location and cleanliness is definitely one of our hallmarks! Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Lily Lake, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The people at this hotel are tops in their profession, in my opinion. Everyone is friendly and eager to help. Remember, this hotel is located in southwest Missouri, so we're not talking the lap of luxury or a lot of glitz and glamour, but the rooms are still very, very nice, and many, if not all areas have been recently renovated. The free wifi is reliable, and the central location is convenient to any restaurant or attraction. We'll be back later this year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for the review! We also think we have the best staff in town! We really appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you back here again soon!
Lee's Summit, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently booked five room nights at the Radisson Branson. We moved at our request to a different room and found the air conditioner extreamly noisy as compared to the origional room. I stopped by the front desk on our way out the next morning and asked maintanence to repair the air conditioner. When we arrived back at 9pm I found a note in the room that said I needed to contact the front desk, they were unable to repair the air conditioner. We also found our additional room had not been touched by housekeeping. I went to the front desk and the lady said no one was on property to make up our room but they would move us into other rooms. I and my compainions were tired and declined to move. They said they would send towels up to the unmade room and ultimately gave us drink vouchers for the bar while we waited.

The people at the front desk were polite but not able to resolve the problem satisfactorly. Every time I interacted with the front desk, it involved a line and wait of about three to ten minutes. I wrote to Radisson Customer Service, they referred it back to the hotel manager who apologized and said they tried to make it right with the drinks and he hoped my next stay would be better. There are a lot of hotels in Branson who manage to get a five night stay right the first time. I will find out if the CEO of Carlson thinks this was well handled.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review about our property. Our hotel has incredibly high standards of service and cleanliness, but we obviously fell short. Again I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences you had during your stay. Our associate tried to make things right by offering to move you rooms and by giving you complimentary drinks in the lounge. When we spoke I also offered you a complimentary suite for your next trip to the area. We want to make this right for you, because we want all of our guests to be satisfied. We have the best hotel in the best location with the best associates in town and I would love another opportunity to win your loyalty.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had never been to Branson before but had heard about the great entertainment that is offered there year around. So we decided to stop over and wanted a hotel that would provide easy access to the theatres as we were told the traffic can be horrific. We couldn't have picked a better location as the Radisson is across the street from The King's Castle Theatre where all the shows we wanted to see were playing.
The lady who checked us into the hotel was efficient and friendly. As we had been traveling for 7 weeks at this point we had acquired a lot of extra "stuff" along the way, but our bellman, Bob, loaded it up and into our room, no problem. We found the room clean and comfortable and the bed the adjustable kind which we really appreciated. We had requested an eStandby Upgrade which gave us full breakfast and a cocktail in the evening. The barman, Jean Michel, suggested if we wanted an early dinner, that we could have it in the bar which we did each evening and the food was very good. The breakfast's in the dining room were even better and the service very good.
One thing this hotel has done, which we had never seen before in any of our travels, was a tribute to the veterans. There is, in the lower lobby, a "Hall of Reflections" with hundreds of pictures and stories of servicemen and women going back to WW 11 and covering the wars since. It is a very moving experience and well worth taking the time to see and "reflect".
All in all we enjoyed our 3 day stay at the Radisson and our theatre experiences in Branson.

Room Tip: As the hotel is located a good distance from the roadway there is no need to be picky about which si...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikep2286
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We are so glad you chose to stay with us! Thank you for your kind compliments about our hotel and our staff! I am glad you enjoyed our Hall of Heroes. That is just our small way of saying "thank you" to all of the veterans who have sacrificed so much for all of us. We hope you will be back to see us again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stay here ever trip to Branson at least 4-5 times a year. This is one of the cleanest hotels with the most comfortable beds ever, especially the sleep number. This hotel has some of the friendliest staff one could ever ask for!! I will return over and over as long as they continue with such a quality service!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Prk-us
Thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel! You can count on us to continue to provide the same great service and cleanliness every single day! Thank you for sharing your experiences with your fellow travelers and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The overall stay, was OK, room was clean, fridge (only available on request) was extremely small (RV size). The main reason for my poor review is lack of management cooperation:
I had booked a 3 night stay (Wed, Thu, Fri) at this hotel through hotels.com. On Wed night, local weather was predicting 4-8 inches of snow Thursday and Friday. I called Hotels.com, and they said you must cancel your night through them, and it is up to the Raddison if they wanted to refund your money. I called and asked to speak with the manager. He was not available, so the night clerk asked if she could help. I explained I wanted to cancel my Thursday night reservation through hotels.com due to the approaching storm and receive a refund, or move my extra night to May 8th, whichever was easiest for them. I explained my wife and children were traveling in a desperate van that was very top heavy, and did not think it was safe for them to drive In the snow. The clerk said "Oh, our weather people are always wrong! if I does snow, it won't affect the roads." I told her I appreciate that input, but I still would like to either cancel Or move my reservation to may 8th. Clerk said "well, that's not my decision, I will call the manager at home since there isn't one here, and I will see. I will ring your room and let you know what he says." No ring in the room, and no message on voicemail. I stopped by again that night and asked if I had any messages regarding the issue. Clerk said "I'm sorry sir, he didn't answer or call back, so if you would ask for him after 8am tomorrow morning, his name is Ryan, and he would be happy to help you." That night it snowed and iced 5 inches on one of the mountainous areas in the Midwest, making traffic And road conditions CRAZY SCARY! I awoke in my room at about 8:15am with no call or message from Ryan the manager. I got dressed and went down to the lobby for the third time (time was 8:35am), and asked for Ryan the manager. The clerks on duty said "sorry he hasn't made it in yet. Check back in an hour or so". Not "is there something I can help you with?" Or "Can I get his number for you?" Needless to say, we received NO response from anyone else, other than the bill on Friday morning. Even if they would have said "I am very sorry sir, but our policy is not to change any reservations from 3rd party vendors" it would have been acceptable. However IGNORING ME MULTIPLE TIMES IS VERY VERY UNACCEPTABLE! I travel overnight with my work at least 2 nights per week. I am gold level with Priority Club, Hilton, Marriott and Choice privileges. Club Carlson will not be a selection due to the serious lack of attention by management for the Radission Hotel in Branson, MO.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dannywhitetv
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Mr. White,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with your fellow travelers. I was pleased to hear your kind comments regarding our hotel, but saddened to hear we apparently had some miscommunication. Living in the Ozarks, we take weather very seriously, and are extremely sympathetic when it comes to affecting our guests travel plans. I would never purposefully ignore you nor any of our guests. We obviously had a miscommunication, and for that I sincerely apologize. I value every guest that walks through our doors, and as you can see, I also respond to every Trip Advisor review personally to ensure our guests are happy. I would welcome a call to discuss this matter personally if you would like to do so. Nevertheless I do hope you will stay with us again and give us another chance to win your loyalty.
Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

To be fair - we had never stayed in a Radisson before and we were expecting a nicer hotel. Check-in was friendly and quick - when we got to our room we found the door ajar and unlocked - but nothing amiss in the room. Typical layout - with 1960's drapes of lime green and turquoise, newer royal blue carpets, garage sale pictures on the walls, and very comfortable beds. The bathroom was one of the smallest I have encountered - requiring the back of your leg to rest against the toilet if you wanted to use the sink. We fought with the thermostat for the entirety of our two night stay - we were cold most of our stay - and the unit was VERY noisy.

This hotel is built on a steep hillside and unless you are lucky enough to get a parking spot near the front entrance - expect a strenuous walk. This hotel does have a nice pool and an express breakfast is available for very early risers only - ending before 8am.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experiences. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. All of our rooms were renovated 5 years ago and our suites and public areas were done just last year. Please let us know when you are back in town and I will give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our suites with the best views in town! I would really like the opportunity to earn your loyalty.