“Branson Getaway”

Radisson Hotel Branson
Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Branson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. Hotel staff, from the front desk to the hotel bartender, were very gracious and friendly. My only complaint would be that we secured a late checkout but had housekeeping at our door 3 times before our scheduled checkout. Other than that, our stay was exceptional.

Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Eric A
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences. I am glad to hear our staff was so friendly and accomodating. I am terribly sorry to hear about our housekeepers disturbing you, please accept my apologies. I hope we will see you again on your next trip to Branson!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is the go-to hotel for you in Branson, Gentle Reader. I admit that when I read the gushing reviews written by previous guests, I was somewhat skeptical and not a little bit curious just as you might be after reading this review. However, please permit me to join the host of gushing writers as I lend my review of this outstanding property.

The roads of Branson are constantly giddily ascending, rapidly descending, and curvaceously flirting with drivers who are often looking for a respite from the endless neon and flashing garishness that is seemingly inescapable in the redneck mecca that the little Ozark town that could has become. My family had just endured a twelve hour drive from Central Wisconsin and we were looking for a hot shower, a comfortable bed, and a night of deep, restful sleep. We couldn't have imagined the night that was in store for us, however.

From the moment Kirsten at the reception desk greeted me, she was in charge of the situation and new exactly what to do. She recognized me as a Club Carlson member and acknowledged that we had received the upgrade that I had requested online when I made our reservation under the Bed and Breakfast Package Triple Points Promotion that Club Carlson was offering during the fourth quarter of 2012. When I inquired if a further upgrade could be had, Kirsten smiled broadly and warmly offered the Presidential Suite to my family. Thank you, Kirsten!

There is no accurate basis of comparison for me to use for the Presidential Suite at the Radisson. It certainly is at least as big as our humble home. The door to the suite opens into a foyer with a large closet and half bathroom. There is a kitchenette with refrigerator/freezer, coffee service, and large stainless steel sink. Granite countertops surround the room. There is a sitting area with two comfortable chairs and a hide-a-bed couch, and there is a dining area, as well. The bedroom has a positively gigantic bed that would easily support Hagrid if his travels ever took him to Branson. The bed has two Sleep Number chambers that offer different support levels for each side of the bed. My wife and I both prefer a firm mattress, so our Sleep Numbers are 100. My wife commented the next morning that she slept better on that mattress than she had slept in many previous nights.

The bathroom adjacent to the bedroom is glorious! Individual sinks sit gleaming in the bright lighting awaiting the chance to assist in ablutions. An enormous whirlpool tub with waterfall faucet beckons from its mirror wrap. A separate room beyond the tub houses a toilet and walk-in shower. Numerous fluffy and fresh-scented snow white towels and washcloths are just an arm's reach throughout the bathrooms. Radisson's own lovely Asira branded amenities are conveniently available, as well.

Now, as wonderful as Kirsten was at reception, she has to share the spotlight with the wonderful Yolanda who had set our room up for us. Yolanda knows how to refresh a room! No doubt, the housekeeping staff at the Radisson is just as exceptional as each of the staff at the hotel is, but Yolanda's smiling face and bright "Good morning!" as we walked to breakfast seemed just like sunshine to us on the cloudy morning that we woke to in the Ozarks.

With our Bed and Breakfast Package that we booked, we received free breakfast buffets in the Wildwood Bistro restaurant in the lower lobby. The buffet was stocked with crispy bacon, fluffy biscuits, spicy sausage gravy, perfectly scrambled eggs, and so many other delicious options to refuel our bodies in preparation for the long day's drive awaiting us.

While traveling to Branson is not something that my family has not ever had high on our list of priorities, and, indeed, even this trip was just a layover, we will now consider Branson to be a destination for a weekend getaway and will certainly return to the Radisson the next time we are there!

Room Tip: Request a Sleep Number bed to enjoy a wonderful night's sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

We are glad to see we have won over another loyal guest! It was truly our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for the review and for pointing out all of the many reasons why we have become Branson's premier hotel! Thank you again, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Visited Branson in order to see Silver Dollar City’s Christmas decorations and was not disappointed! Overnight stay at the Radisson was excellent. Stayed in a suite on the 9th floor. The very large suite with private double balcony made the stay relaxing and enjoyable. The hotel staff was outstanding. Another great Radisson stay--I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: 9th floor rooms have restricted key-card access and great views of the rolling Ozarks!
1  Thank Phil58201
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for the review! I am glad you were able to experience the beauty and magic of Silver Dollar City at Christmas! Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. We truly appreciate having you as our guest. May the New Year bring you and your family all the best. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

we enjoyed 10 days in november here as part of a group the hotel was very comfortable and the rooms were a good size only drawback for us was the fact that you could not open the window even a little way for some fresh air everything elsr was very good

Room Tip: higher floors give better views and are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank betty c
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Thank you for making us your home away from home! Please let me know when you will be staying with us again and I will give you a complimentary upgrade to one of our fine, newly renovated suites with a balcony so you can enjoy the fresh air! Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We usually do not stay at these higher priced hotels, but were here for a reunion. The room was huge and very nice. I wish they had a refrigerator and micro. They were available, for a charge. I believe that it was $10 per day for each. We stayed 3 days but did not rent the fridge or micro. It rained one day while we were there and it made it a little difficult for some of the handicapped to get to their car. All the handicapped spaces were taken and one fellow had to park on a hill. Using a cane made it most difficult for him. Wish the parking situation had been better, but we did enjoy the hotel. The employees were all very friendly and helpful

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Donna P

Thank you for the kind review, I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have an incredibly friendly staff and a clean facility and we do our very best to meet all of your needs. Please come see us again next time you are in Branson!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Small room, very small pool, very very small parking lot. Expected more from a Radisson. Large hotel ( lots of rooms), nice towels. Got stuck with double bed which we hate. Very nice front desk lady. All employees were very cheerful. Non- smoking throughout. No refrigerator or microwave. Walking distance to Moon River Theater, Dairy Queen, lone star Steakhouse.

1  Thank KelSchMan
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with our hotel. I am pleased to hear your kind comments regarding our staff and our location, definitely two of our hallmarks! I sincerely apologize if we failed to meet your expectations or didn't communicate effectively. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction for everyone. I hope you will stay with us again so we can have another chance to earn your loyalty.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

A simple hotel room with bathroom, dresser, flat screen tv, and comfortable beds. One of the things we didn't like about it was thy the free breakfast was only from 5-7 am. During our stay, it sounded like someone was trying to break through the door late at night, then again early in the morning. We could hear talking and figured out it was maintenance. We thought they should have been considerate of the customers and done maintenance at a later time.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank cjbettis
Ryan S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your comments about our comfortable rooms. We do offer a simple Grab & Run breakfast in the mornings from 5-7am for those early risers who leave before our restaurant is open. I am sincerely sorry if any of our associates created too much noise for you. Our guests comfort is top priority at our hotel. I will coach them to maintain quiet levels in the early morning and evening hours. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Branson.