“Warning for waterpark”

Castle Rock Resort and Water Park
Ranked #115 of 173 things to do in Branson
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel (we were across the street at a different castle themed hotel) but we bought a day pass for the indoor water park here. The lazy river was great and my teenagers spent a lot of time in it... but don't wear your best swimsuit in. I have attached a photo of my daughters suit... the top and bottom were the same color before going in this water park. You can see it faded a LOT. Also she had on an ankle bracelet made of cotton thread. It was dark purple in the morning, but bright pink by the end of the day.

12  Thank Kelsy E

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We are currently at this hotel and we are leaving to go to another resort today! We got here last night and we went to our room to settle in. After that we went down to the resort's restaurant and the floors in the restaurant were soo sticky and dirty, our flip flops kept getting stuck to the floor and it would pull them off our feet because it was soo sticky and nasty! We went ahead and ordered our food and the food we got was super nasty! I wouldn't even let my kids eat what they ordered! My niece wound up throwing up after her dinner because her chili/cheese nachos were bad! They looked nasty! My daughters mac 'n' cheese was stone cold and dry and it looked like easy mac! All the food looked nasty and it tasted gross! We wound up leaving the restaurant and got McDonald's instead. While we were in the restaurant, we heard cop cars pulling up to the resort and they came into the restaurant to talk to the lady that called them and they were called because someone stole her stuff from the pool area! We asked the waitress what was going on and her and three older boys told us that stuff gets stolen there all the time! The lady that works there said to never leave your stuff unattended because it WILL get stolen! She said it happens all the time and told us to make sure our door to our room remained locked at all times! The table we sat at was soo sticky, so I grabbed a napkin to wipe it down and the napkin turned black from all of the nasty build up! We had this place booked for 3 nights, needless to say, we are leaving this place today and staying at the Thousand Hills cabins next door. It is roughly the same price, but it's your own cabin. We got a 2 room cabin with loft area, it looks really nice. My mom went down to the lobby last night to tell them we would be checking out today and they told my mom they would not refund her money! We were willing to pay for the first night, but we shouldn't have to pay for the other two nights we won't be here! The fact that stuff gets stolen here and the food in nasty (I seriously am considering calling the health department) and its filthy should be reason enough to refund our money! Please do not stay here! Safe yourself from grief and possibly ruining your vacation!

14  Thank Mismarybella
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My two grandchildren would have spent there entire Spring Break in the water park if they could have. I hate to admit it but their Mother & I enjoyed it as much as they did.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Really impressed with the size of the rooms. We enjoyed the waterpark and it was not busy at all. The staff were all attentive. Lifeguards were a little rude, but other than that, very reasonable.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My family and I live about an hour from Branson but every year in the middle of winter we plan a trip to Castle Rock. My family of six fits comfortable in the family suite with the bunk beds and TV in a nook just for the kids. Us grown ups got to watch something other than spongebob and visit while the kids played. The pool is great and even in February the indoor water slides and lazy river were the perfect temp. We packed a lunch and ate around the pool, would rest when we got tired and then go back down to the pool to swim before calling it a night. It is the perfect little break in the middle of winter, the price is not crazy, the rooms are comfy and the people have been friendly. Not super pleased with the food in the hotel 'restaurant' but it was close and fast so we were not fussy. I would easily suggest this to a family traveling in the Branson area.

2  Thank Kathryn V