JEERK - CLOSED

Not What You Expect

Reviewed September 11, 2013
Jane M
Springfield, Missouri

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2013

And I mean that with the sincerest of flattery. These guys rock. If you wanted to see what 80's rock would look like if it had a modern spin, then JEERK would be it. It also helps that the guys are pretty funny & put on a great show. There are only a handful of shows in Branson that I have bought the CD for...and I have 2 CD's from these guys if that tells you anything. Well worth the visit.

1  Thank luckynumber85
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went into this performance expecting terrible comedy and boring tap-dancing. Boy were those advertisers under-estimating this show. It kind of starts out slow, you wonder how they can build an entire 2 hour performance off these guys, and BAM! They do their first bit and you're hooked. It's loud, it can be in your face, it's funny, it's unique. I love the lighter bit. The guys are relatable and loveable. I wanted to get to know each and every one of them, which is great, because they come out after the show and give everyone some time. EVERYONE! When I went, they were there for hours after. And they didn't even seem to mind.

I've seen Stomp and I'm asking, why even compare the two? This isn't called Stomp for a reason, and it's Branson for pete's sake.

2  Thank Jane M
Reviewed August 25, 2013

These are some very talented performers. I don't know why some of these reviews have been so low, it is a very good show. I have been vacationing in Branson for years and this is the best show I have ever seen there. They have a wide variety of songs and acts and they are all great. I enjoy some of the bluegrass shows too, but this is far better, nothing boring about it. Very personable performers too. Would definitely go to see them again.

1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed August 8, 2013

There were 4 adults in our party that spent 3 days in Branson,Mo and of the 5 shows we saw Jeerk was by far the best.The mix of entertainment was well done. Well worth fighting the bumper to bumper traffic nightmare. This group would be the only reason we would go back to Branson.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We recently saw JEERK and LOVED it! Wasn't exactly sure what to expect but had a wonderful time! Hard to describe the show but it is like STOMP mixed with tap dancing mixed with a rock concert and a little humor thrown in! These guys are AWESOME! They even came out to the lobby after the show to talk, sign autographs, and pose for pictures! I would recommend this show to anybody!

1  Thank Matt142
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I love this show!! So much energy, different than other shows you see...but definitely a good different! 4 cute guys with lots of talent, you've got to see this show!

1  Thank Krae8008
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went to see Jeerk and of course since I picked it my wife was skeptical. Proved her wrong!

This show isn't for everyone. If you like the usual Branson country/gospel slow paced usual stuff you won't like this one. It touts itself as tap dancing and ROCK music, you don't expect it to be loud?????

Combining rock with tap was genius and these guys are super talented. Each plays more than one instrument (the real ones) and they all play other "instruments" like hockey sticks, glass bottles, plumbing pipes, power tools and welcome mats. And they all tap dance like you wouldn't believe.

This isn't the Fred Astaire tap dancing in a tux floating across the stage but it is FUN!!

Our kids age 10 and 7 loved it!!! Haven't seen my son cheer and hoot and holler like that before. My daughter who took tap dancing was just glued to the dancing.

Their music is LOUD but it is also all ORIGINAL. No cover songs, no cheesy renditions of the Elvis and country music you've heard 10000000000 times. It reminded me of the hair bands of the 80's but with a lot better harmony and not just 1 guy screaming.

They're leaving Branson next week, if you haven't seen it, GO.

2  Thank Mike A
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Go see these Swedish cuties! Definitely the most unique and entertaining show out there!
I seriously could go on all day about JEERK, but y'all need to see the show for yourselves to see why I'm blown away by them!

2  Thank Lindsey N
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The guys are clearly talented, but the rock band portions need cut. It felt like I was watching a warm up band at a concert.

The tap, drum, and miscellaneous instrument portions are entertaining and the only reason I didn't leave during the intermission. My teen daughter watched the show and said it was okay. My teen son got so bored during the first half he started playing a game on his ipod. My wife enjoyed the show but agreed that there wasn't anything that would draw us back to this show again.

If you are wanting something different than the country singing acts that are so prevalent in Branson and/or you really enjoy (lesser well known) live rock bands, this *may* be the show for you.

1  Thank ewenix
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Loved the variety of the show. Talented young men. Felt a little disjointed....like the show needed to be thematically connected. I'm not sure the Rock N Roll segments resonates with the typical Branson visitor.