“Only Thing Irish was the green vests”

King's Castle Theatre
Christmas Wonderland
Ranked #44 of 153 Concerts & Shows in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The award winning shows at the King's Castle Theatre are produced and created by David King who is one of England's most respected international producers. David is responsible for the world wide smash hit "Spirit of the Dance" as well as many other famous shows. At any one time, up to 20 of David's productions are touring the world, including resident productions in Myrtle Beach, Las Vegas, New York, and more. Branson is honoured to play host to David King's superb productions.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Bourbonnais
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Only Thing Irish was the green vests”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Horrible....absolutely terrible. Only about 100 people in a huge theater, and we could tell why. Left BEFORE intermission. Even my young children were not fooled by the fake accents and the terrible singing. Most of the guys admit they are from the states, and the others play up a fake accent. Don't expect to hear Irish music...only a few tunes sung very badly. We told the kids if they behave badly we'll make them go back to see the Irish tenors, and it works every time.
Skip right by this and take in SIX....the best show we saw in Branson, and they have real talent that can't be matched!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Makale3815

Springville
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Hooray for Hollywood...fast paced high quality entertainment”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We got tickets for this show because we had seen Shake, Rattle, and Roll at the same theater and we liked that show so we decided to give this one a shot. I liked it. I think I liked Shake, Rattle, and Roll better...mainly because of the style of music, but Hollywood was a great production. Many costume changes and each song was choreographed perfectly and the movie moments were all very well recreated, but not imitated. They had their own twist on each movie. There's even a few suprise effects!! I can't imagine the work the dancers put into this show because they didn't miss a beat with all the different dance styles. I really enjoyed the one blonde woman's singing...I think her name is Tiffany. One complaint...no pictures allowed. This is something I will never understand about that theater. Why in the world would they not want you to take pictures?? Pictures are the best way of getting the word out and showing people what was so great to spark their interest. One other complaint...if you are handicapped or have special needs with walking this is a very steep walk to the front row. My mom had a lot of trouble walking back up to the top as other older people did too. And the cast of the show didn't stay out in the lobby long enough to get pictures with everyone. I am a scrapbooker and couldn't take pictures during the show but I thought at least I'll get pics with the cast afterwards and I didn't even get to do that because they didn't stick around long enough afterwards.
But overall it was a great high production show that I would reccommend for others.

Visited May 2011
Chandler, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hooray for Hollywood”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This show is great with lots of energy and talent. Very enjoyable.

Visited June 2011
Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hooray for Hollywood was amazing!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We took our four children ages 1,7,9,11 and they all loved it. It was their favorite part of our branson vacation!!! The performers did a wonderful job!!

Visited June 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The 12 Irish Tenors show is completely enjoyable, fun and uplifting!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

These talented young men work hard to deliver a very enjoyable show of traditional and popular favorites, from "Danny Boy" to "We Are the Champions"--and in between, selections from opera, the Beatles, and Glenn Miller! I've seen the show three times in the last year, and like it more each time I see it. They seem to be genuinely nice people, as well, judging from audience interaction during the show and talking to fans at a meet and greet after the show. I have all their CDs and listen to them frequently. These Tenors are terrific; I read a couple of recent negative reviews and frankly wonder if these folks actually attended a Tenors show!!

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Gerry42

Been to King's Castle Theatre? Share your experiences!