“Great old-time show”

Ayo starring Voices of Glory at The Starlite Theatre
Ranked #21 of 171 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Starlite Theatre is Branson's premiere live-entertainment destination. The 880-seat Starlite Theatre is a Branson landmark conveniently located on historic Highway 76. The Starlite Theatre features Branson's only five-story glass atrium with 19,560 feet of glass encasing a downtown street that includes the entire Starlite Diner and the Starlite Gift Shop. You can dine "outdoors" in climate-controlled comfort whatever the weather.The Starlite Theatre is also one of Branson's most technologically-advanced and features state-of-the-art audio and video systems and stunning light displays. These features serve to enhance the best selection of shows on any Branson stage: the world-renowned "The Texas Tenors", Grammy Winner "Billy Dean" with "The Steel Horses", "Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers", RFD-TV's top rated show "Larry's Country Diner" and Paul Harris & the Cleverlys.
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed Larry's Country Diner show. Good, clean fun. If you enjoy old Little Jimmy Dickens and others from 1955 tv, get there at 7 PM for the pre show video, you'll be very glad you did. Larry's guest artist was Collin Raye, very good show. Mo Bandy was on the audience and was called to the stage and sang a song. Very nice show.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We enjoy the RFD show Larry's Country Diner. We were thrilled to hear they were having a touring show in Branson at the Starlite theatre. Our show featured Jimmy Fortune as Larry's guest. The guests vary for different shows and the shows vary with the same guest. We attended the show Friday evening May 17. I found out my sister was there the night before and it sounded like the jokes and things told at the show were different, So even if you go
once, it will be different the next show. We got to meet Renae Johnson before the show. During the diner show, she serves those chosen to sit at tables on the stage. I believe her official title is assistant to the Producer. From watching her, she seems to do everything!
There was of course Larry Black as the host of the show. Love to hear him talk about anything, he is so interesting. Keith, Nadine and the Sherriff were there as well. If you watch the show on tv you know how important they are to the show. I think the Sherriff-Jimmy Capps has just about played backup for everyone in Nashville.

Jimmy Fortune had so many standing ovations I lost count. The theatre was completely sold out. I was amazed to hear how many of the songs he made famous he also wrote. I know he will be back again later in the year and I am sure it will be sold out as well. He sang a song I had never heard that he had written titled If I was God. Wow, I have thought about it all week long. Of course he did several Statler hits. He brought back so many good memories of their
group.

It was almost impossible to move about the huge lobby before the show began. If you want something to eat at their real diner you need to get there really early. Our seats were comfortable and we really liked being up close on the 4th row.

We always enjoyed the Rankins at this theatre and had not been there since they had moved, but I am sure we will be back to see another guest and all of the gang from Larry's Country Diner.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Really nice theatre on the middle of the Branson strip. We saw Riders In The Sky there and really enjoyed it. Nice atmosphere with a great view of the stage.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We saw the Texas Tenors for the second time in Branson this trip. They put on their usual very good show. The show did seem to be a little shorter this time only lasting a little over 1 1/2 hours.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Combined show with Larry's Country Diner from RFD channel featuring the Band of 50 years Exile. Larry, Nadine and rest of cast from Larry' Diner set the stage for the show. Exile formed a rock band in 1963 and crossed over to country has been around for 50 years this year. Had many memorable songs as well as songs they had written and been taken to number one by Alabama and others.

Been to Starlite Theatre? Share your experiences!