“Nice resort with large, family size suites”

French Quarter Resort
Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Wichita, Kansas
“Nice resort with large, family size suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

French Quarter Resort in Branson is one of the Spinnaker family of timeshare resorts. As such it has suites that range from small rooms to larger 3 and 4 bedroom suites, which are great for families that would prefer something nicer than a couple of hotel rooms. As a timeshare resort it's best not to expect hotel amenities such as daily maid service or room service. Think of it as more or less renting a private condo than renting a hotel room from Hilton or Marriott.

The resort has 6 four story buildings, all of which have an elevator. Most rooms have a balcony with a table and 4 chairs. We were in a 2 bedroom loft unit which had 2 full bedrooms with king size beds and a loft which had 2 twin beds and it's own full bathroom, including tub and shower. The unit also had a full kitchen that was well stocked with the necessary items to prepare meals in the room.

Overall there were 4 adults during our stay and we were very comfortable in this suite. There was plenty of room for all of us.

The only real drawback was that the TV's had not been updated and some of the furniture was needing to be replaced. The TV's were still the old tube type TV's rather than the flat panel LCD or LED models prevelant in most hotels today. The two sitting chairs in the living room looked nice but lacked any support. One would sink down terribly when you sat in them. This was an issue for our guests as both had knee issues.

The resort grounds include a nice pool, childrens pool, shuffle board, small fitness center and 2 gas grills for guests. There were also some charcole grills around the grounds but, I didn't see any of them being used. As to the gas grills every night there was a family or two occupying them for long periods of time, making it difficult to plan a meal in which we could use the grills. A resort of this size really needs more than the 2 gas grills to meet the demands of it's guests.

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Buildings 3 and 4 face the pools and will be the noisiest. Building 5 is turned sideways and the bal...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank dougandshelley
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Great comments. We honestly appreciate any comments that come through and are delighted to read the ones that go into great detail.
In regards to the TV comments, I quite agree with you. We are in the midst of updating all our TV's to flat panels. We are systematically doing so building by building. As to not increase the yearly maintenance fees to our owners, we have elected to update by a process.
Thank you again for the positive comments.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Norman, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom "B" side room and were pleasantly surprised. The unit was well appointed, kitchen nicely stocked, internet access available. Easy on and off the strip for shows & attractions.

Room Tip: "B" units are a bit tight on space in the bedroom but the rest of the unit is very well de...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank angelartistok
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. If you decide to return to Branson in the future, please give us a call and we can have to stay in one of our "A" side two bedroom units. Give you a comparison of the two.
Hope to see you all again.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the French Quarter Resort in Branson (now part of Spinnaker Resorts). It is close to the "strip" and easy access to all the shows and attractions. The accommodations were terrific .............. large and attractive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tweetybird714
Please do not hesitate to call us for another trip back to the French Quarter. We are continuously adding new activities each season. Thank you for the nice comments.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

This was a great resort. Our family stayed in two units for New Years Eve and the Dolly Pardon Christmas show. It was a great facility, plenty of space for everyone to sit and eat between the two adjoining units. Nicely decorated, and a great location. I would stay here again and have recommended it to others. (Travel date was Dec/Jan of 2012/2013 - no option to select for when did you travel)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Trecia46
Very Happy to hear you had a great experience. I also agree that the Dolly Parton Dixie Stampede is one of the best attraction/shows in Branson. You get entertainment and a belly full of food! We hope to see you and your family on another return visit.
Chesapeake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in The French Quarter. It was very nice with lovely decor. The property was landscaped nicely and the location was great. Far enough away to be out of traffic but still close to all theaters and activities. The beds were comfortable and the unit was very roomy. I would stay here again when visiting the Branson area. The staff was very helpful and friendly also.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms would be nice from the way the units are arranged.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brenda46
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I too agree that the location of French Quarter in Branson is great. Access to the famous Branson Strip (Hwy 76) is just steps away. We truly hope to see you all in the future. Please give us another opportunity to make a repeat of your most recent trip.
Billy Hayes
Assistant Resort General Manager
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

French Quarter by Spinnaker Resorts. I had the 2 bedroom/2 full baths. Both rooms had a king bed. My unit was very spacious, full kitchen & very comfortable living room sofa & chairs. An electric fireplace. A old timer television in each bedroom & living room. Small washer/dryer. The master bedroom has no door to the restroom which was stange to me but I got use to it. The maytress in the master bedroom had a indenture on the end of the bed so I slept in the middle of it for more comfort. They had very few activities for guest. It seems to have 1 pool. I was in building 4 which my patio faced the pool. However, the pool had been drained. I sssume because the weather has not had consistency of warm to hot weather yet. Temp has been low 70's during the day & 50-60 at night. Its a very nice resort but I wouldn't stay here if I had my small grandchlrn with me. Its just not enough to do with kids at this resort. I don't go from the resort daily when I travel with my grandchlrn so I enjoy resorts that offers good activities & several big pools. I would definitely stay again when Im travelling along or with other adults.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Grace_Baby
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
We appreciate the positive response to your vacation experience. Our resort offers a full range of activities for all ages, however this is seasonal from March through the end of December. Our activities include: Crafts, games, sports, outdoors movies on the 12' screen in the park, pool games, Live entertainment, Ride the Ducks on property, Pancakes Bingo, Big Bucks Bingo...and so much more.
I am sorry to hear that you did not participate in any of the offerred events. We do wish you return with grandchildren as our FUN Team will most definately keep them entertained.
Billy hayes
Resort Assistant General Manager
kgd3887
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just returned home from a weeks stay at The French Quarter in Branson, MO. This was my 3rd stay and I already knew I was going to enjoy myself and the cleanliness of the resort. I stayed in 142C in Building one on the 4th floor this time. This was a 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit. The elevators really help out when lugging things to and from the condo. I really don't have any complaints. There were a few issues that needed to be addressed and they were takin care of immediately by a courteous maintenace person. (I was the first to stay in this particular unit since the close of last season so a few minor adjustments were needed) If I was disappointed with anything, it would be the Wifi. They do have it at the pool and office, but I was unable to connect in my unit. Location is great right off highway 76. (the strip) Very clean, well stocked with home essential needs and a quiet place to stay with friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank kgd3887
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Nothing is more plesant than to hear about guests returning to the resort based upon past experiences. Your next visit with will be just as eventful. Our FUN team have new and exciting events, on site crafts and LIVE preformances for the 2014 season.
Look forward to seeing you all again - you may just want to become one of our Newest Owners with Spinnaker? *Wink* *Wink*
Billy Hayes