“Be prepared”

Ranked #41 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Be prepared”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at this resort. The pool is great and it has everything you want for a family. The location is also very good. You are close to everything and it only takes a few minutes to get to Silver Dollar City.

The room we stayed in was not good, at all. The last 3 nights of the trip we had people (actually sounded like buffalo) running and stomping around all night. When I say all night I mean it didn't get quiet until 5:00am. You could hear everything and we had almost no sleep the last 3 nights. The floors in the room were filthy. I took my flip flops off and 5 minutes later, my feet were black. My daughter who is 7, was drinking out of a glass and I noticed a chip in it. I went to get another and found out we had several glasses with chips in the rim. Our security alarm in our room went off for no reason around 8:00am. It was so loud we had to go outside and wait for the resort to turn it off.

On Saturday, they had a sign by the pool saying there was ice cream at 1:00pm and pool activities at 3:00pm. We, along with a half dozen other guests had disappointed kids when there was no ice cream and no activities. There was a vending machine next to the pool that serves dipping dots, so when nobody had ice cream we tried to purchase some for all the kids but the machine was out of order.

Other than not being able to sleep, we can overlook everything else but we will never stay here again without getting a top floor room.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John61844881
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Upon review of your recent online comment submission to TripAdvisor I want to say, thank you. Without comments such as these we would not be able to correct any of the small items that can typically go unaddressed if not brought to the attention of the Resort Team. Each week/day our excellent housekeeping team diligently cleans and inspects our Vacation Villas at French Quarter Resort to ensure the highest quality for our arriving guests. I apologize that some of the glassware was not up to the standards we adhere to and protray to our guests. This will see immediate attention.
In regards to the guests staying above you during your time here, that is unfortunate. A certain level of courtesy is expected by all our guests to one another. Understanding that there are guests below you when staying in one of our luxury villas and that excessive noise or trampling during the evening hours is not appreciated. If we had the opportunity to know which guest would be louder than others, we would be inclined to provide great accomodations on the 1st level of our buildings.
Upon your next return visit to the resort, we will be sure to place you on our top floor overlooking the beautiful property.
Thank you again for your comments, we appreciate the truthfulness of your experiences.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband, my sister and I stayed at the French Quarter in Branson, MO, from 22-29 June 2013. We had a two-bedrom unit on the ground floor, which was exactly what we requested to avoid stairs and/or elevators. The unit was lovely. We had a patio area with comfortable seating for at least six people. We had coffee there in the morning before starting the day and in the evening we would congregate there for conversation and cocktails. The French Quarter has a great location, within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. We used the huge outdoor pool and were pleasantly surprised that each seat at the poolside came with a towel! We had a nice full-size kitchen and a washer and dryer, which was handy. We will definitely stay at the French Quarter if we get the opportunity to visit Branson again.

Room Tip: We were in unit 211-A on the bottom floor, which we had requested. It had a large patio area that w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Judith H
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are all very pleased to see that you and your family had a wonderful vacation experience while at the French Quarter Resort. Our whole resort team strives to meet the expectations of all of our guests, and upon reviewing your comments we had reached that goal. I especially enjoyed your comments at how you appreciated towels on your pool lounge chairs while swimming at the outdoor pool. You may have noticed that each morning our resort team prepares the pool and common areas to look as fresh as the first day you arrived. Paying attention to the small details is key to a positive guest vacation experience - each and every time.
We sincerely hope to see you and your family return to Branson, and encourage a return trip to our vacation resort. Thank you for the kind words.
Billy Hayes - Assistance Resort General Manager
Paragould
Reviewed June 29, 2013

stopped in to checkout this Condo property because it had on the sign "$75 per night". First thing I thought of was "time share crap". Wrong..... That was the actual price for a 1 bedroom, 1 bath condo, per night. NO STRINGS ! The "time share crap" price is $59 per night minus the 1.5 hrs of your life you can never get back. Before the review let me add - DO NOT BUY A TIME SHARE HERE !! - This property has somehow managed to go bankrupt and is in court right now with the time share owners.
That all said, I cannot for the life of me figure out how they could mismanage this fine property. Stay here every time you come to the Branson area and you will love it. It is a very clean, very well maintained property. The condos are completely furnished, pots, pans, cleaning items, linens, flatware. (daily maid service is an extra charge). Complex has 2 pools, one for adults and children that can swim and one wading pool for toddlers that is 1.5 feet deep. The toddler pool has a waterfall tree and lots of lounge and upright chairs. Very pretty. There is a small playground with swingset/slide and tetherball. Modern but needs shade for the mid day heat. The larger pool is very well thought out. It is a "no diving" pool with depths from 3' to 5'. Shade areas at each corner of the pool are a nice touch. Two hot tubs , lots of patio sets/lounge chairs. Ice cream served for short periods during the day and charged to your room is a very nice touch as are the pool games for kids each day at 2pm. To get all this for $75 per night is remarkable. This was the best stay we have had in Branson. We have paid lots more at motels and got much less.

Room Tip: Condos per night are "as available" basis. Don't fall for the time share offers ! They...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about French Quarter Resort. The entire Resort Team strives to meet the expectations of our guests on a daily basis by paying attention to the fine details. Resort grounds, exceptional customer service, pristine amenities all at a very reasonable rate.
It is unfortunate that you were provided with dated and incorrect information regarding this upscale vacation resort. I would recommend participation in our Resort Preview on your next visit to gain a full appreciation and understanding of the benefits of vacation ownership. Based upon your own written positive comments of this property it clear this property is being managed properly and professionally.
We hope to see a return visit in the near future.
Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The French Quarter has a great location and that is the best thing about it. We were too early in the season to make use of the pool area which looks very nice. We were on our way home from Texas and had stayed the previous week at a condo in New Braunfels, TX (a Worldmark property). The difference between the two resorts was marked!! The Worldmark property bent over backwards to provide whatever we needed . . . additional dishwasher soap, laundry soap, towels, etc. The rooms there were huge. We had a one bedroom at the French Quarter and the bedroom is so small that you can barely get around the bed with a suitcase. There is only a night table on one side so if you both want to read, you're out of luck!! The bathroom has only one towel bar (small) over the commode . . . great for a handtowel and washcloth but no where to hang bath towels so I would throw them in the dryer when we got done showering!! I tried to hang them on the shower rod like I do other places but it's a tension rod and came crashing down on my head. They provide minimal products like laundry soap, dishwasher soap etc. and require that you purchase it if you need more. They also charge for towel exchange. We are Hilton Grant Vacation Club members doing an exchange through RCI so are not used to this type of nickle and dime operation. I know we will certainly look for a different resort on our next trip through Branson!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda H
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
We were happy we could accommodate your on your way back home from Texas. Driving across the country can be a daunting task at times and staying a Resort in a luxury Villa can ease that tension on such a long trip.
There are thousands of resorts through this country and making side by side comparisons is just like comparing apples to oranges. The French Quarter Resort offers direct access to the famous HWY 76 strip which offers a wide variety of Live Shows, Attractions and Museums. I agree with your comments on the great location!
As a Resort featuring Vacation ownership as well as nightly rental luxury villas there are some amenities that we do not offer where some resorts do; Extra supplies, Extra linen exchanges are an example you mentioned.
Our owners can attest that our yearly Home Owners Maintenance Fees are on under the national average. This equates to the resort being financially responsible with our year end budgets and keeping the fees at a reasonable yet affordable level. Extra supplies, extra linen exchanges (the resort will replace linens is requested) all come at a cost that is passed on to our owners. A vacation Villa is a home away from home and as such it is suggested that extra amenities like laundry soap, shampoo and coffee be brought to satisfy each individuals needs.

We hope to see you again soon.

Dekalb Cty
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were on floor 3 in building 4 (1 bdrm king) and had a nice stay. The furnishings were up to date other than older tvs. It was great to have a washer/dryer in our unit, although it was rather small and only held 4-5 pairs of jeans, but cycles were quick.

They had activities scheduled during the day and the pool was great with 2 hot tubs. Didn't visit the kiddie pool but it was nice there was a separate one and a playground.

We had no WiFi in our unit at all and Sprint phone coverage is very sketchy in this entire area. It was nice you had a back entrance and didn't have to exit on to the Hwy. 76. The only down side of this place is, of course, they are pushing their timeshares, other than that, it was fine. There are ticket discounts for some shows only on selected days, so if you plan according to the discount days, you might be able to save some money by getting your tickets here. Our elevator was very, very slow. They were painting the shutters and doing some updates, which is probably why this place looks so well maintained. Some people had complained of road noise, but it wasn't an issue for us at all.

Overall a very good trip.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom king room was right off the elevator but there wasn't a lot of noise which concern...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pleasant comments, thank you!
It is nice to hear comments regarding the upkeep of the property from our guests. Landscaping, painting and maintenance are not the most memorable experiences during your vacation, so thank you for recognizing the teams hard efforts - they are the unsung heroes of the resort.

Billy Hayes- Assistant Resort General Manager
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our first visit to Branson was enhanced by the lovely, comfortable accommodations at the French Quarter, where we stayed for five nights. It was a small one bedroom unit, a lock-off from the 2 bedroom next door, but no noise travelled and we had our own thermostat. For two people, it was perfect. I think the size would work fine for my daughter, her husband, and their young children, as well. Once the kids are teens, a bigger unit will be needed for comfort..
This unit does not have the bathroom privacy issues I have seen mentioned about the 2BR. There is a door to the BR and a door to the hall. The size of the kitchen was fine if only one person was cooking. It had a full-size fridge, too. The balcony was big enough for two, but no more. The furniture was actually of higher quality than I had expected – quite nicely done. It was certainly helpful having an elevator. And the unit was perfect on cleanliness! We think the location of the French Quarter is perfect, too – right on the Yellow Route to avoid the Strip
I was impressed with the activities available on-site, although we didn’t do many. The program I really enjoyed and found helpful was a series of performances on Monday by several acts who want you (of course) to come see the whole show. For many of them, I enjoyed the one or two numbers they did, but found that experience to be a sufficient taste. But it did give us an idea of which ones were really worthwhile for an entire performance. It was convenient to be able to leave on tours right from the resort. The staff were really friendly and helpful (and I had numerous special requests). The pool looked nice, but it’s not something we usually do.
This is a friendly well-located resort that is excellent for couples or families. It’s not a “party place,” although there are nearby places to go, if that is what you want. I was told by a timeshare owner that the Osmonds have a year-round 3BR penthouse here. I understand why.
Susan

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan L
Billy-AsstGenManager, Manager at French Quarter Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
When you read a comment like this one, well...., there is very little to say except Thank You. We truly appreciate your comments about the Resort in general and the Resort Team. We we have the opportunity to review a comment of this nature, all the hard work each and every day really pays off.
I would like nothing more than to see you all stay with us in the future. Take care and hopefully seen you all soon.
Billy Hayes
Assistant Resort General Manager
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family recently stayed at this resort in March 2013. We had one problem after another. My husband and I drove up with our 3 children on March 27. We noticed the first weird thing immediately. We arrived at 10:30 pm, and the office was closed. We saw a sign for late check-ins to call a phone number, so we did, and they advised us to come by the office the next morning for the official check in, which we did. But I'm getting ahead of myself. My husband and I had booked a 1 bedroom suite (because all the other rooms were supposedly sold out during this time), and we were scheduled to stay from March 27-30th. We had made the reservation back in January on booking.com, and had to enter our credit card number at the time of booking, so we thought we were paying for the room then. (This becomes relevant later). We stay in hotels about 10-15 times per year...maybe more, and we always pay in advance when we book the room. My husband's parents were coming up to stay in a 2 bedroom suite on March 28th, and his brother and his wife were coming up later that night, all of them sharing the suite.

We go into our room and get settled in. We notice immediately that the carpet is VERY worn, the armoire in the bedroom is broken, and the wicker bed is pretty torn up. We are thinking, okay, we won't be here for that long. I give the kids baths and get them settled into bed, and am in the bathroom hanging their towels on the shower rod to dry when the shower rod falls and hits me. I do this all the time at home and other hotels and it never falls on me...I ask my husband to put it back up, but it won't stay up. It keeps falling.

The next morning, husband and I are brushing our teeth, and I lean over against the wall, and the towel rack falls off the wall and hits my hand. I burst out laughing, telling my husband that we ought not touch ANYTHING in this room, as it all seems held together with spit.

We get the kids ready for our day of fun and stop by the office on the way out. Husband goes in and checks us in and tells the MANAGER (also important) that our shower curtain won't stay put. He says he will send someone to take care of it, and asks if it's okay if they do it while we are out. Husband says we prefer that so we don't have to wait on anyone. Makes a joke that it's okay as long as they don't steal anything.

Around 2:00 on the 28th (this same day), inlaws arrive at hotel. They try to check in and are told that we checked in for them. Mom in law calls husband, husband says it's impossible because our reservation was for a day before theirs. Husband goes to office with inlaws. They figure it out, get them a room key, everything is good. Except that I heard the service was terrible. The person was very rude with them. We have dinner reservations at 4:00 and wanted to explore some, so we go do that, and they don't go into their room.

It's around 8:00 or so, we get back to the hotel, and go over to inlaw's suite (they are right next door to our room. Kind of weird, considering this place was supposed to be sold out, but whatever). They are in a 1 bedroom...not a 2 bedroom. A 1 bedroom is absolutely NOT going to work for 4 adults and 2 kids. They call the front office, front office can't locate their reservation. They are also very rude about it. Dad in law gets really mad...and when he's mad, head's roll. Husband goes to front office to handle the situation. After about 20 minutes, by some miracle (cue miracle music) they find the reservation, and move them to a 2 bedroom (wait...I thought they were sold out?). No apologies, no kindnesses, nothing. They were very rude, from start to finish. Am I done yet? Nope, not quite.

So, it's our last day, we leave, we have a big road trip ahead of us, and so we hit the road around 9:00 am. About 10:30, husband's phone rings. It's a weird area code, neither of us know the number, and we are driving through mountains with patchy reception, so we ignore it. I figure they will leave a message if it's important. I kind of figured wrong.

A few minutes later we get a call from mom. She says the hotel called HER telling her that we didn't pay for our room. Wait...what?! Pretty sure that is very bad business etiquette, if not borderline illegal. I don't think businesses are allowed to discuss personal financial matters with no party members. Anyway, I got super pissed off. I'm not gonna lie. First, we have every problem conceivable, they are extremely rude about it (one might say, honey badger like), and then they are so unprofessional as to call our family asking for money? I go all "Oh hell no", and proceed to call them back. I was also fairly certain we had paid for the room up front, so I checked our bank statements, which did not show the money coming out, even though our confirmation email looked just like a receipt, showing the last four of our credit card number, with a total on it.

I called the hotel back, and told them that I found it extremely unprofessional (I was preparing a really good rant...and then I lost signal and dropped the call. Sigh), so I called them back, and reiterated that it was extremely unprofessional to call someone else asking for money when my husband had been in their office no less than 6 times. At some point the (also rude) girl I talked to let me talk to her manager, who let me know that normally they take the card number at time of check in, but since we had a late check in they couldn't do that, and that's why you are supposed to do a real check in the next morning, at which point I let him know we did, and he, not believing me, looked for the paperwork my husband had signed, and saw that he, the manager, was the one who checked him in. Well golly gee. Insert foot into mouth. I also let them know that if they want the bill paid, it helps to call the parties who actually owe the money, and not to harass their family about it. They told me they called our number on file, which was a home phone and was supposed to be a cell phone. I let them know that it WAS a cell phone, they just hung up on the voicemail instead of leaving a message so we would know who they were and what they wanted.

Seriously, never have we experienced this level of incompetence at any other hotel. We've stayed in countless hotels from Oklahoma to Tennessee, in Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, California (I'm probably leaving out a few places, but you get the picture). These guys just didn't give a damn. Seriously, the manager told me "We are a gold crown resort, and we couldn't have received that rating without making our customers happy."

Also, worst towels EVER. They felt like when you dry them out on the line and they are all stiff and scratchy. We stayed in a Comfort Inn on March 30, and the towels felt like Egyptian cotton from heaven compared to those towels. It was like drying off with a cactus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Betty L
It is unfortunate when guests do not have a plesant experience while on vacation. It is never the intention of any of the Resort Team to make someones vacation less than postive. If you can please each and every guest, everytime, no matter the issue.... Please let me know your secret... I will pay for the secret!
I apologize you did not have a wonderful stay as the majority of our guests experience. It seems that your experiences were not soley the property or the villa but other items that culminated over a period of time prior to arrival.
I do not believe that you would have been satisfied with any resolution we could have possibly provided. We wish you and your family pleasant experiences in the future.