“Better than expected!”

Grand Crowne Resort
Ranked #15 of 73 Specialty Lodging in Branson
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is great. Ordered room on hotwire and definitely worth the price. Close to everything but far enough away from the hassle with traffic. Will definitely stay again my husband and I loved it! We got a free branson guest card with our parking pass which was an awesome surprise. We didn't get to try our the indoor pool and hot tub but will next time. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shamrockgrl
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at our Branson property and thank you for the positive review. We look forward to your next trip!

There are newer reviews for Grand Crowne Resort

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We stay here a lot with our timeshare. It's in a great location, its clean, the service is wonderful, and there's lots to do on the grounds, including movie nights and ice cream socials and crafts daily. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank aaronhaumesser
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review of our Branson resort. We are glad you and your family enjoy our activities and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed at the Grand Crowne Resort in Branson twice now (the Fall of 2010 and 2012) and hope to exchange again in Sept. 2014. We have been very pleased with this resort ... close to the action ... very quiet and comfortable ... and we were fortunate to get a "pet friendly" unit, esp. when our little Shih Tzu loves to travel with us. As we are golfers, we requested a unit overlooking the golf course and were successful in reserving a beautiful unit with a terrific view. We found the units we exchanged into were very clean, certainly adequate and tastefully decorated ... home away from home atmosphere. It is obvious from some of the reviews that guests were not pleased ... we were very pleased ... and were treated royally by the staff on check-in and check-out ... and during the week when enquiring about attractions, etc.

Room Tip: Be diplomatic and pleasant when talking to staff ... surprising what one can get with a little honey...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wayne G
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Wayne:
We appreciate the time you took to post a positive review of our Branson resort. We are glad you have chosen Grand Crowne and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation. Best wishes in your travels!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We purchased at Grand Crowne/Surrey Vacation Resort in 2009, paid cash and intended to use it. Began calling to make reservations and was told that they were full up, over and over and over again. Never had any rooms available. Came down in 2011 to say for the week. the bed was soiled, the bathroom was dirty, they did move us, but I had grandkids with me and that
was a job in itself. Tried to use it in 2012, no room at the inn, all year I called. they could not fit us in. Called in 2013, they had
no C size rooms but was assured that we would be given a penthouse which was much bigger than our C we owned. Got here today, the PENTHOUSE is a 10X15 room, no sauna (which was in our unit) no queen bed, just a full size one. the room is crappy,
doors dented Yes I took pictures for the lawsuit, kitchen has food on front of cabinets, , woodwork all scratched up, I paid over $11,000 to stay in this??? I can go down on the strip and get a room that is much nicer than this for $32 a night. I had to call the
internet service provider, the checkin desk gave me the wrong password (yes I kept that for the lawsuit also, it is printed with their name on it, how nice) I also have the recording of the guy telling me that the penthouse is bigger than my C unit. THE PENTHOUSE only means its a room on the top, it is super tiny. again, NO SAUNA, we both have arthritis and that is why we drove down here to stay so we could sit in our room in the sauna, wrong. If you see the name Grand Crowne or Surrey run, run, run!!!!!!! I am going door to door tonight just to see if they are really full up as they say they are.

Room Tip: see the name Grand crowne or surray, run fast
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mrs H
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Mrs. H:
We value each and every one of our owners and we strive to provide them with the best possible vacation experience. We are very sorry your experience is not up to your satisfaction and want to remedy the situation immediately. Please call Heidi Maples at 1-866-894-9700. We look forward to impressing you!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Facilities are nice, clean, easily accessed & convenient to activities around town. However, promises made before & upon arrival were not fulfilled, even after being reminded. Cooking utensils limited & cooking range walked the floor (dangerous!).
Resort personnel where stayed were very courteous. Time share people were pushy & testy.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank earlyrisers13

We thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Branson property. We strive to deliver an exceptional vacation experience to our owners and guests and we are very sorry to hear we missed the mark on your experience. We would welcome the opportunity to make sure you received everything you were promised and encourage you to call Heidi Maples at 1-866-894-9700 so all your issues can be addressed. Best of luck on your future travels!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The I building has been updated/renovated and is absolutely delightful. Beds sleep wonderfully and there is lots of room in the kitchen, a nice sized washer dryer - just lovely. This is right off 165 just South of the 76 strip. I loved it before the updates, but is beautiful and comfortable with the new look.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Donna W W
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your delightful experience. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Totally disappointed! After spending hours reading reviews of the Surrey Carriage Place I was expecting to enjoy the amenities and comforts as pointed out by so many reviewers. When my family arrived they switched us to the Grand Crown without any explanation other than "It is our newest property and you will like it much better." When booking the Carriage I had read all the reviews on the Grand Crown and was not impressed. Also, the rate for the Carriage Place was $109 per night and the Crown was $89. I confirmed this price difference with Hotels.com and expressed this to the manager. Essentially she called me a liar without coming out and saying it. The night manager told Hotels.com that the day manager will credit me the difference in the cost. Needless to say, the day manager would do no such thing. The Grand Crown was not a very good property and it was not worth $109 per night. The walls are paper thin, we were woken up every morning before 7 a.m. by people in adjoining units and others outside our room. Hotels.com stepped up and credit me the difference between the hotels and made admirable attempts to resolve the issue. The only problem was I chose to pay at the hotel rather than paying directly to Hotels.com. My word of advice choose to pay Hotels.com rather than the hotel at arrival. This gives you more ability to settle disagreements when they arise. Also, I will never book The Surrey Carriage Place or the Grand Crown again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Brian K
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

We are very sorry for your less than perfect experience with Grand Crowne Resorts. We are very surprised to hear of these issues with the front desk and assure you all your comments are being addressed. We wish you the best of luck in your future travels and hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Branson. We would love the chance to prove to you we are a five star experience!