“Poor maintenance”

Ranked #14 of 74 Specialty Lodging in Branson
Branson, Missouri
“Poor maintenance”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I traded through II to stay at this resort in Branson. On first appearance it looked okay, but as we got in we discovered maintenance problems. The first night they wake us up at 3 am due to a maintenance issue, then the second night we discover a leak in the ceiling. I called the front desk and they said they were going to send a maintenance man to correct problem, and asked that I stay up. I stayed up and 1 hour later no maintenance person. I called the front desk and they said the maintenance man decided not to stop by our room. We are now getting ready to check out to return home, and still I have not seen any maintenance person. I called front desk management, James, who told me there was nothing he could do. Hugely disappointed!!

The sales pitch was to get discounted tickets, and was only to last 90 minutes. Well three and a half hours later I was still waiting for the tickets that were the same price as internet prices. If I had known I could get the tickets to shows online for the same price I would have saved myself many hours. Once again I called the manager who again told me there is nothing that can be done. I was told by the manager "You should have got up and walked out after 90 minutes were up."

To be fair, the setting is pretty and serene, beds seemed comfy but the housekeeping and maintenance leaves a lot to be desired. The stair railings were filthy and full of cobwebs, I did not even want to put my hands on them!

I would advise to pick a different resort and avoid this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank dbjensen
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay. We would like you to contact us to discuss further resolving the issues you encountered during your stay; please ask for Heidi Maples at 1-866-894-9700. Our entire staff strives to provide a high level of services and support to our guests; this includes cleanliness, guest service and sharing our genuine hospitality. We apologize for missing the mark during your stay, but are sure we can make it up to you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Illinois
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this location for a weekend getaway and the condo was absolutely wonderful. We had a fully stocked kitchen,dining area, sofa sleeper, two bathrooms, comfortable bed, and ample amount of towels and extra blankets. The property is beautiful and peaceful with a pond fountain in the center of the buildings. We also used the fitness center which was efficient and clean. I would definitely come back to this location whenever I visit Branson again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Barmalken
Thank you for your review and recent stay at our resort in Branson, MO. We are glad you found the property "absolutely wonderful". The property you describe is our Carriage Place Resort and we are so glad you enjoyed the beautiful courtyard. We look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I completed a 9-night stay with Grand Crowne in August 2013. Enjoyed every aspect of our stay. I can't imagine how difficult it would have been to deal with the rainy weather if we had a regular hotel room. Instead, we had plenty of room to stretch out and relax. We were able to do laundry and play family games in our accommodations. Our dog travelled with us. We enjoyed relaxing on the balcony. The inside pool was also a key to our children's happiness during the rain. Great location, we were delighted to find a turtle on property. We enjoyed cooking food that we were used to rather than eating out for every meal. We definitely enjoy the vacation club experience with a kitchen, laundry, and less housekeeping service rather than the hotel experience.

Room Tip: We liked being on the bottom floor. We were told that Buildings 1 and 2 had been more recently updat...
1 Thank charissemp
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments and feedback about our resort. We are glad you were able to have an enjoyable vacation experience despite the uncharacteristic August rain this year! We truly appreciate your comments and hope you will visit again soon!
Harrow, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and myself recently stayed in Branson Missouri on a not so Grande Crown Resort. We apparently were given a unit on their oldest property. It was small, furniture was gross and disgusting. Not joking when I say we would not sit down on the couch. We had two tv's in the unit., old tube tv's, one window in the bedroom, and it was facing a parking lot. We expected a jacuzzi in our room,(haha), as well as HD televisions as was promised to us when we were purchasing our timeshare in Pigeon Forge, TN. We toured the units in Tennessee and were told these units will be typical of our future stays no matter where we book our vacation. Our mattresses on the beds would be no older than 90 days,(right, good one). The units presented to us were upto date and elegant to have us purchase the timeshare. We purchased our timeshare with no financing, paid in full and our fees are all upto date. We purchased in Oct. 2010. Since that time we have vacationed at least 5 more times, each time not being able to use our timeshare. We cruised,some all inclusive caribbean vacas, and if we were to use our timeshare, it was not feasable. Otherwords, cheaper to book outright from these resorts than through our timeshare. Fast forward to three years later, still paying yearly maintenance fees all up to date. Everyone is receiving their money as was promised to them from us, except I am not receiving any value from our timeshare as was PROMISED TO US. I spoke with Grande Crown when I was there about our accomodations, and their reply was we should have asked to stay on their newly renovated property. I suppose I would have asked for those accomodations had I known ahead of time about their other SHODDY ACCOMODATIONS. We weren't briefed about this in Tennessee. I guess our mistake again. We were promised accomodations at all resorts were typical of those shown to us, so we had no idea to ask when we were booking. I have learned from my mistake. I booked in Florida for March just before we booked Branson. We get home and call about our accomodations in Florida. Six months notice we are giving them. We were told that II cannot tell us what unit we will be given until we show up. We are requesting specific accomodations, because we don't want this to happen to us again and we are being told, WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL WE SIGN IN THE DAY OF OUR VACATION, to see what we will be given. I tried calling the resort in Florida, and we were told(by the resort where we hopefully will be staying) it is Interval International who deals with that. We call back and are told it is the resort. Needless to say, I don't think it would have mattered if we asked for specific accomodations in Branson either. We have owned this timeshare for approx. 3 years, only able to use it once so far. I have more stories for someone who is thinking of signing up for Grande Crown resorts if they wish. My advice to ANYONE thinking about purchasing a Grande Crown timeshare, is to save your money you would have given them, and use that money for your vacations WHEREVER you wish to go (with NO blackout dates) whenever you wish to go (without worrying about high times). Most people who own a timeshare with NOT SO GRANDE CROWN can tell you themselves. Don't even get me started about my not so FREE CRUISE I was promised that ended up being cheaper if I had purchased myself. Another lie to get me to sign.

P.S. Don't ask me to call someone, because when I was there in Branson to complain personally, there was no compensation for our cruise or anything done about our accomodations either. The only response from Grande Crown was to purchase more. I am not kidding you people when i say this.

8 Thank fleureange17
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We are sorry your experience wasn’t as you expected. The fact that we were not able to meet your expectations is very disappointing to hear. We strive to ensure we have happy owners and would like you to call us to discuss further resolving issues, ask for Heidi Maples at 1-866-894-9700 Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST. We refurbish a building or two every winter to keep the décor up-to-date. When timeshare owners exchange through Interval International, their exchanges are governed by the terms of their agreement with Interval International. We don’t have any control over other resorts you exchange into. When managing reservations, specific units aren’t assigned until usually a day or two before arrival. If an air conditioning unit were to have mechanical failure, for example, then that particular unit is simply taken out of the active pool and the next available unit is assigned to the next reservation for that size unit. Therefore, it’s not realistic to expect to know what specific unit you will be checking into in advance. Exchangers request the dates, general area and size of units then Interval International fulfills the request as closely as possible; especially during peak travel seasons, travel is based upon availability. Because of our over 24,000 owners, we can continually grow, learn and exceed guests’ expectations for how we can improve our service and product. We understand you go on vacation and want to relax and enjoy yourselves and we are positive we will prove to you we are a five star experience!
Colona, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We really appreciate the great staff, the great location, and the awesome breakfast. The only suggestion that I would have is to add donoghts to your breakfast line. The cleaning staff worked around our sleeping son's schedule, which really helped.
Thanks!!

Room Tip: Book early
1 Thank Bill G
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Branson, MO! We hope you and your family visit us again.
Appleton
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The location made it very easy for us to get where we wanted to go. It was close to the yellow line, so we avoided some traffic. The unit was clean, large and we loved the circular hot tub. Our patio faced the service road, so it was private, however the view was rather dull.

We did an exchange from our timeshare resort. We stood in line for a bit, however the registration process went very smoothly. The confusing part was getting the parking pass. It was unclear where to go as there were many people in the lobby. But once that was done, the directions to the resort were clear and we were on our way. We appreciated the fact that there was not a lot of pressure to attend a timeshare purchase discussion, although it was offered and we could have gotten some free tickets to shows.

The pool area looked inviting, but we did not use it. We did attend the wine tasting and that was fun. We would book this resort again in the future.

Room Tip: We prefer the lower level room, but there was an elevator for those who like the upper floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judy B
We appreciate you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed the wine tasting and your stay in Branson, MO! Please visit us again.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Grand Crown in Branson. It was located central to all locations, but was also quiet and rustic. Everything seemed in great working order & we appreciated the peaceful setting. Comfortable and restful. When we realized it was pet friendly, we realized we could have brought our little dog along. All was great, but the jacuzzi in the bedroom was difficult for older folks to get into & out of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank micdic10
We are so glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us in Branson! We look forward to you next visit!