“Mostly Pros, But Needs Minor Improvements”

and 1 more site!
Grand Crowne Resort
Ranked #14 of 74 Specialty Lodging in Branson
Charlottesville, VA
“Mostly Pros, But Needs Minor Improvements”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We made our reservation before checking Trip Advisor reviews and I am glad we did, because some of the negative ones may have kept me from staying at the Grand Crowne; however, we found our stay to be mostly good. Check in was smooth although there was a little bit of pressure to take their tour in exchange for heavily discounted tickets. We set one up, but canceled it the next day after deciding we did not want to, and there was absolutely no problem with canceling and the concierge said they would still obtain discounted tickets for us for any shows, although the discounts would not be as great.

The unit was spacious and more than adequate for 4 adults. Even the smaller unit had its own full size kitchen, two TVs and a washer/dryer. The larger unit had a bigger kitchen, two TVs, and two bathrooms, one large one with tub and shower and lots of sink/counter space and a washer/dryer. There was a whirlpool tub, standup shower unit, and smaller sink area in the master bedroom with a separate toilet area.

The icemaker in the fridge was exceptionally good.

Everything was very clean except for one large spot on the carpet in the living area and one at the foot of the bed in the bedroom. The public areas were clean, including the fitness center.

WiFi was not super fast but certainly more than adequate and I only lost connection a couple of times during a whole week, and that's understandable in a mountainous region. Logging on was easy and fast, and we often had multiple laptops and netbooks being used at the same time with no problems.

There are minor improvements that should be made. Cooking utensils were skimpy. There were steak knives, but only one large knife and one small paring knife for preparing meals, and both of those were very dull and hard to use. The number of towels and wash cloths provided was adequate, but they were hard and stiff and need to be replaced. The sheets and pillow cases, however, were of good quality.

One thing that was nice was a phone call on our second day asking if everything was okay in the unit, if everything was working properly or if we needed anything.

Over the years we have stayed at three other Branson resorts and this is the best of the four.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank VirginiaGal85
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our resort. We appreciate all input and ideas and wish you the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were very roomy beautiful view. We stayed on top corner unit view of golf course. This is not close to main drag so bring a car. Villa 2 bedroom with large kitchen will definitely stay again. Can't wait for next year

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Coco57Noah
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about the resort. Best of luck in your future travels!
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Upon arrival we were allowed an early checkin but no keys until the unit was ready. Internet is FREE - IF IT EXISTS! A prayer was left on the counter of our kitchen - a very nice gesture not seen anywhere in this country in 27 years of quarterly travel. Like the town, Grand Crown has Patriotic/Veteran recognition as well as a nice Christian environment.

The rooms are large, clean, well furnished, well stocked. The master bedroom with the jacuzzi tub was extremely comfortable. Plenty of bed linens, pillows, supplies, etc. When the buildings are full it can be somewhat noisy. People seem to forget that they have neighbors - the screaming, stomping children above your head is NOT appreciated. SUGGESTION for ALL Resorts and hotels - YOU HAVE NEIGHBORS BE CONSIDERATE!! The indoor pool air quality was intolerable due to the high content of chlorine - suggest the doors be opening to allow for diffusion of the chlorine.

I was never able to get the internet signal, made several calls - 1 per day and 2 days I called twice but was told that I "was the first to report"; they "were unable of problems". The same person told me this was the first he had heard of internet issues yet he told me the same thing the day before. I was told that someone would contact me about the status - no one ever did! My job requires I checkin daily - I was forced to use my cell phone with its limited screen view to complete my responses daily.

Room Tip: If you do not have kids with you I suggest you ask for a top floor to keep from having the stomping...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AirForceTraveler
We appreciate your comments and will pass on your suggestions. We are always improving our properties and appreciate your input. Wifi is available in every building on the resorts and we will look into your technical issue, thank you for keeping us informed. Best of luck in your travels!
Groesbeck, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stopped to get tickets at one of the tourist information businesses to get tickets and advice for shows. They offered us discounted tickets and a 1 bedroom condo here for a great price. The room was really nice....only problems were parking and no curtains on the windows so the rooms weren't dark. The absolute worst part is having to go to a 2 plus hour presentation where you are pressured to buy a time share in their properties. Regardless of whether or not you're interested you have to listen to it all because in our case they had required a $194 deposit that was not refundable if you didn't go and stay. Then you are sent to another one of their properties to get the refund. They had a nice pool area but we didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DoubleBs
We appreciate your comments and suggestions. Many people are very happy with their vacation ownership and it is a great way to travel for many families for generations. During the sales process, prospective customers are offered many different options to make their vacation dreams a reality by fitting virtually any budget. Apparently this way of vacationing doesn’t appeal to you, but we wish you the best of luck in your future travels!
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have never ever stayed at a better place! We were fortunate enough to have a family member find this place for a family reunion. We got a GREAT price on a room and we were able to have joining rooms between our families so our kids could come and go between our rooms. Our room was huge and cozy. I was able to have some time to myself after my kids went to bed. I loved having all the necessities to make a formal meal. I was surprised by the cleanliness of our room. The front desk was very helpful when I needed the room for another night. And even security was very friendly and helpful. And we loved the pool!!!

Room Tip: I had a B unit and it was very big compared to the neighboring A and C units. Plenty of room to move...
1 Thank Karen G
Thank you for your positive comments and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay!
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Let me say that I'm glad I wasn't the one who paid for the accommodations. That fell to my in-laws. They had invited us (two adults, two small children) and my sister-in-law to tag along on what we thought would be an enjoyable weeklong break in Ozarks. When we arrived at the timeshare/condo, we discovered that we were on the first floor, which actually is more of a basement considering the parking lot is level with the second floor. Our first impression upon entering the room was that it smelled musty, as if it had recently been wet. Given that this was the very bottom/basement level, that could've been a distinct possibility. The layout of the condo was decent, enough room for everyone, cordoned off so everyone had their own "living space" so they could retreat at night and wind down. We took the "middle" condo which happened to be the largest. You could definitely tell that the room had seen lots of families- many scuffs and marks on the walls, cracked floor tiles, etc., which is fairly normal, but it seemed to be above average for our room. Our first complaint came with the size of the shower stall. It's not roomy by any means. If you need to shave your legs, it's not happening in this shower as there's barely enough room to turn around. We also noticed that the mini-blinds were in need of changing out- some were torn, bent, or just missing. Very ratty looking. The biggest issue came with cleanliness. Our first sign that the room wasn't as clean as it appeared was when our kids got out of the tub. Their feet were sparking clean, but an hour later the bottoms of their feet were black. Not only that, after using the jets in the tub then draining it, there was a disgusting residue left on nearly every surface inside the tub- and it wasn't our kids, they'd just come from the swimming pool (see the pics I've included)! Another thing that could've been cleaned in the bathroom was what looked like foundation splatter all over the wall in front of the vanity mirror. I personally don't use foundation, so I know it couldn't have been something I did and didn't notice, but is it really that hard to wipe a wall down? The following day I was putting things away in the bedroom closet and noticed a nice layer of dust on the inlay panels on the outside of said door. I also washed all of our unused towels due to the fact that they absolutely reeked and I didn't want that odor on me or family. WTH?!
All in all, it was an okay stay. The place definitely needs an overhaul and a deep clean. I don't know what the heck was up with the complete lack of cleanliness in our unit, but it definitely did not go over well nor did it leave a good impression with our family. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone- not until some serious changes are made.

4 Thank OnTyne
We strive to provide a clean, safe and fun environment to all our guests. We appreciate your input and would appreciate it if you would email us at helpme@grandcrowneresorts.com with some information that would help us to locate the reservation and the units your party stayed in so maintenance and housekeeping can address. Best of luck in your future travels!
Greenville, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Very nice resort. Amenities were excellent from laundry soap and softener to toothpaste. Only complaint was thin walls, could hear next door children much of the time and stained carpet. Pets are allowed. Very easy to find and being at the east end of the "Yellow" road made it easier to get downtown and back to Hwy. 65 upon leaving.

Room Tip: One with no children next door!
1 Thank TravelinGal920
Thank you for your positive comments, we strive to give our guests a great experience. We would appreciate an email to helpme@grandcrowneresorts.com with information to locate your reservation and what unit you stayed in so we can inspect the carpet. Best of luck!