“Great Room”

Grand Crowne Resort
Ranked #14 of 76 Specialty Lodging in Branson
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stopped to get tickets at one of the tourist information businesses to get tickets and advice for shows. They offered us discounted tickets and a 1 bedroom condo here for a great price. The room was really nice....only problems were parking and no curtains on the windows so the rooms weren't dark. The absolute worst part is having to go to a 2 plus hour presentation where you are pressured to buy a time share in their properties. Regardless of whether or not you're interested you have to listen to it all because in our case they had required a $194 deposit that was not refundable if you didn't go and stay. Then you are sent to another one of their properties to get the refund. They had a nice pool area but we didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoubleBs
Amy H, Manager at Grand Crowne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We appreciate your comments and suggestions. Many people are very happy with their vacation ownership and it is a great way to travel for many families for generations. During the sales process, prospective customers are offered many different options to make their vacation dreams a reality by fitting virtually any budget. Apparently this way of vacationing doesn’t appeal to you, but we wish you the best of luck in your future travels!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have never ever stayed at a better place! We were fortunate enough to have a family member find this place for a family reunion. We got a GREAT price on a room and we were able to have joining rooms between our families so our kids could come and go between our rooms. Our room was huge and cozy. I was able to have some time to myself after my kids went to bed. I loved having all the necessities to make a formal meal. I was surprised by the cleanliness of our room. The front desk was very helpful when I needed the room for another night. And even security was very friendly and helpful. And we loved the pool!!!

Room Tip: I had a B unit and it was very big compared to the neighboring A and C units. Plenty of room to move...
1  Thank Karen G

Thank you for your positive comments and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Let me say that I'm glad I wasn't the one who paid for the accommodations. That fell to my in-laws. They had invited us (two adults, two small children) and my sister-in-law to tag along on what we thought would be an enjoyable weeklong break in Ozarks. When we arrived at the timeshare/condo, we discovered that we were on the first floor, which actually is more of a basement considering the parking lot is level with the second floor. Our first impression upon entering the room was that it smelled musty, as if it had recently been wet. Given that this was the very bottom/basement level, that could've been a distinct possibility. The layout of the condo was decent, enough room for everyone, cordoned off so everyone had their own "living space" so they could retreat at night and wind down. We took the "middle" condo which happened to be the largest. You could definitely tell that the room had seen lots of families- many scuffs and marks on the walls, cracked floor tiles, etc., which is fairly normal, but it seemed to be above average for our room. Our first complaint came with the size of the shower stall. It's not roomy by any means. If you need to shave your legs, it's not happening in this shower as there's barely enough room to turn around. We also noticed that the mini-blinds were in need of changing out- some were torn, bent, or just missing. Very ratty looking. The biggest issue came with cleanliness. Our first sign that the room wasn't as clean as it appeared was when our kids got out of the tub. Their feet were sparking clean, but an hour later the bottoms of their feet were black. Not only that, after using the jets in the tub then draining it, there was a disgusting residue left on nearly every surface inside the tub- and it wasn't our kids, they'd just come from the swimming pool (see the pics I've included)! Another thing that could've been cleaned in the bathroom was what looked like foundation splatter all over the wall in front of the vanity mirror. I personally don't use foundation, so I know it couldn't have been something I did and didn't notice, but is it really that hard to wipe a wall down? The following day I was putting things away in the bedroom closet and noticed a nice layer of dust on the inlay panels on the outside of said door. I also washed all of our unused towels due to the fact that they absolutely reeked and I didn't want that odor on me or family. WTH?!
All in all, it was an okay stay. The place definitely needs an overhaul and a deep clean. I don't know what the heck was up with the complete lack of cleanliness in our unit, but it definitely did not go over well nor did it leave a good impression with our family. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone- not until some serious changes are made.

4  Thank Betweenthebars

We strive to provide a clean, safe and fun environment to all our guests. We appreciate your input and would appreciate it if you would email us at helpme@grandcrowneresorts.com with some information that would help us to locate the reservation and the units your party stayed in so maintenance and housekeeping can address. Best of luck in your future travels!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Very nice resort. Amenities were excellent from laundry soap and softener to toothpaste. Only complaint was thin walls, could hear next door children much of the time and stained carpet. Pets are allowed. Very easy to find and being at the east end of the "Yellow" road made it easier to get downtown and back to Hwy. 65 upon leaving.

Room Tip: One with no children next door!
1  Thank TravelinGal920

Thank you for your positive comments, we strive to give our guests a great experience. We would appreciate an email to helpme@grandcrowneresorts.com with information to locate your reservation and what unit you stayed in so we can inspect the carpet. Best of luck!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I'm always able to exchange for a 3 bedroom lock off here. Great as everyone gets some privacy. Always clean and comfortable. There was a problem when I checked in as they say Interval International only told them a 2 bedroom but it got fixed fairly quickly. Went to the sales presentation for $90. Got done in about an hour so that was worth the money.

Room Tip: I like the buildings facing the golf course so you aren't just looking at a parking lot. But if...
1  Thank mizkat1958

We appreciate your positive review and wish you and your family the best!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We have spent 5 weeks at this resort over the past 8 years. It is VERY well maintained, has a friendly and helpful staff, and is close to all shows and restaurants. Playground and indoor pool on site and outdoor pool nearby. Fun activities for all ages.

2  Thank Palobears

We appreciate your comment and we appreciate your business!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had an A & B unit in building 12 (May 13th - 20th) and frankly there wasn't much to complain about... everything is provided for you, nice in today's checked bag climate. My wife and I stayed in the larger of the 2 units, and it was clean and attractive although the furnishings were a little sparse and no wi-fi, but no worries, just used my phone as a mobile hot spot and all was good :) (they should have internet by the time you read this). The A unit served very well as an "in-law apartment" Privacy and quiet time was enjoyed by all! Lovely condo! We would definitely stay again.
P.S. we were there on an II swap so not a ton of pressure to buy into the place, however if you do sign-up for a tour, I'm pretty sure it would be like any other sales presentation, key word "Sales"

1  Thank Chas C

We appreciate your comments and we do have Wifi at all properties now. We wish you and your family the best!