“Greatest resort owners!!”
Review of Calm Waters Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Branson
Calm Waters Resort
Ranked #41 of 73 Specialty Lodging in Branson
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Greatest resort owners!!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

There really isn't enough I could ever say about Ron and Mary player!! They take lakeside accommodations to another level!! My husband and I have been staying with them for a few years, before we got married, and after! We travel to Branson from St.Louis normally 4-5 times a year for getaways and there is no place we would rather stay than with the Players! The rooms are so comfortable and clean that I feel that I am truly home in our usual 107 cabin. My husband never stayed on the lake in Branson, being such a city boy, but the first time I took him to the resort, he was so impressed at the way the resort was ran and how friendly Ron and Mary are that we haven't gone anywhere else since! Ron and Mary even attended our wedding in Branson this past October! They are a blessing in our lives and there is just no other comparison to the Players!! Thank you Ron and Mary for all you guys do to run such a wonderful resort!!

-Drew and Kayla Shelton

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Kayla S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hosts were great. Clean, quiet, less than fifty Yards to the dock and water. On site swimming pool. Everything provided except for towels for the lake. Plenty of room towels. Tracker pontoon boat available on site to rent. If we ever go back would stay here again. Ten minutes to Indian point boat dock, maybe less. Five minutes to silver dollar city. No traffic since the resort is on the same road, just past the entrance.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mark M
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family of five recently stayed at the calm waters resort. The view of the lake is beautiful and the cabin was super clean. My three little ones had a great time at the pool (especially the slide). But the best thing about this place is its owners. They are so nice and accomidating. They make you feel very welcome. Another great feature was the deck. Not only was the view gorgeous but it was safe for my kids too. There are grills in front of each cabin witch was really convienent for us. There are boat slips available and the swim platform was great. Calm waters is everything you need at an affordable price with great hosts. I definatly reccomend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Missy S
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We don't get to Branson often, but the last few times we were there we stayed at "Calm Waters" and a more peaceful, calm and accomadating place you will not find. I needed to have a bedside table for my C-Pap and called and asked Ron if that was something they could do and he told me that he could and when we walked into the A-Frame, there was the bedside table I needed. That made it so much easier than having to use a chair that I have had to do in a hotel. It is good to know that there are still people out there that care about the needs of others and I do appreciate the Players for that. We do love the location, being close to Silver Dollar City and not a bad drive to the "strip". Our first morning I had asked Mary where would be a good place to eat breakfast and she recommended Billy Gail's Cafe and she sure was right on how good it is. We went there twice on our 4 night stay. When we stayed there before the Players started running it, the A-Frames weren't that pleasant, but with them it is clean and comfy. Something everyone will be pleased with. We so enjoyed sitting on the back deck in the evenings and just being able to relax. One night there were many ducks waddling around the back between our deck and the dock. They were fun to watch. Thanks to Ron and Mary for being gratious hosts.

Room Tip: We have had 2 and othere times 4 people in our party on our visits and I recommend the A-Frame for y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Liberal
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I bring my niece & her friend to Branson about 10 to 15 times during the year for a weekend trip. It is beautiful, comfortable, quiet, and CALM. There is a swimming pool close, a grill, a wonderful porch to overlook the water that is so quiet and still first thing in the morning - peaceful. The resort is off the road that goes right in front of Silver Dollar City, so it is very convenient, and yet remains quiet (no major traffic noise!). We stay in an A-frame that is private and the kids can "yell" or talk loud to each other without the worry of neighbors in the next room! The A-frame has a kitchen where you can cook which helps on the budget. Talking about budgets, the price is great as well. For less than most hotels we get privacy, beauty, and the kitchen. Top deal!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the one A-Frame and ask for it every time! All the a-frames look out on the w...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Judith P
Oklahoma City
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband and I stay at Calm Waters Resort every time we come to Branson, which has been at least once a year since '95. We discovered Calm Waters after a couple of less than pleasant stays at the resort next door. Ever since we have stayed at Calm Waters (since '98). When we first started staying at Calm Waters they had different owners, friendly folks, but the couple who runs the resort now are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. Ron and Mary Player go out of their way to make you feel accommodated and welcome. They are very kind and extremely gracious.

The A-frame cabins have everything you need: a deck with a fabulous view of the lake, hot showers, fridge, comfy furniture, cable tv, kitchenette (with dishware)...the cleanest cabins every time. They are located just down the road from Silver Dollar City but not so far from town that you can't zip in and out whenever you want. Added bonus is a wonderful German restaurant (Altenhoff Inn) that is just up the road from the resort with a million dollar view of Table Rock Lake. (Sit out on the patio and enjoy authentic German food or try their fabulous pizzas!)

There is a boat dock with a nice place to sit and enjoy the lake, a paddle boat (free to use), and different types of boats that you can rent if you want to go fishing...or you can bring your own. They have slips available if you do bring your own boat.

If you want a peaceful, clean, cozy, and affordable place to stay I recommend Calm Waters Resort. The scenery is gorgeous year-round, the location is awesome, prices are fantastic and you can't beat the hospitality.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank osutk17
Macon, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Calm Waters Resort for our Honeymoon. It was BEAUTIFUL! Very peaceful, Comfortable, affordable and the owners are wonderful people. We plan to go back every year !!!! I would recommend this resort to anyone that will be staying in Branson.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple