“So glad it's still there! The best time!”
Review of Cool Off Water Chute - CLOSED

Cool Off Water Chute
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went to this slide as a little girl, and was so happy to see it is still there! This time we took our two girls and all four of us had the best time ever! We went for this instead of White Water and are so glad we did! This is something you can't get just anywhere. A slide down the side of a hill. You pay by the hour and one hour was the perfect amount of time. We were exhausted afterward! You have to walk up the stairs after every slide, so by the end of an hour you have definitely done your exercise for the day. The owner's son was there and was so friendly and nice to talk with. He said his father built the slide when the son was about 9 years old. Every year, his mother thinks of closing it, but still opens it! He was even generous with our time and went over about 15 minutes. There are a couple of tables in the shade at the bottom of the slide so family members who don't want to slide can just watch. We enjoyed this so much and can't wait to go back.

3  Thank hendersonmom

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I took my two girls to the water chute this past weekend and had the best time we could have had. The chute is the perfect place for little ones. And i have read the reviews about how mean the worker(s) are and they are totally false. I have not met more nicer people in my life. The experience was one of the best. Take your kids here and you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank blakewhite23
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pat, the owner, is super nice (gives all the earnings from the slide to children who need surgeries, but can't afford it)!! had a great time here again for the third time in the past 5 years. Lots of fun, great value, and super cool on a hot day! My son (5) and daughter (7) had a blast. Amazed this is the 37th year it's been open

2  Thank donkay26
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Mediocre at best, like large slip in slide for $14 an hour. Woman who seemed like the owner was a ROYAL B.. Bitter angry hag. She yelled at me for throwing trash away in a trash can that appeared to be a public trash can. I threw away a piece of paper and a to go box. I didn't use it like it was a landfill. The owner will lose a lot of business treating her customers like inconveniences. I guess menopause is really affecting her. I hope she finds peace in her miserable life.

15  Thank Cooloff2012
See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Personally, I love this water slide, my family loves this waterslide and we come back every year. The owner is or once was, I think she is retired now, a heart surgeon. She uses the money she makes from the waterslide each summer to pay for children's heart transplants who cant afford them. She told us once that she paid for 14 heart transplants in two years. She takes a leave of absence from Memorial Day to August every year to run the waterslide. She is moody, and doesn't take anyones BS. However, if you follow her rules and give her a little credit and be respectful, you will find she has a heart of gold.

4  Thank BND245